The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Bloomogg

Fifpro Takes Legal Action Against Transfer System

Rate this topic

I actually really like the sound of this.

Taking transfer fees out of the game can only level the playing field. Players won't be able to hold the clubs to ransom and make fools of the fans.

Not to mention it's completely immoral to regard players as goods for sale.

Don't see it that way, Abdul. It'll be different for sure but the players will just go to the team that pays the biggest wages. Not at all sure that this will help the clubs at all. Think it might cause thoughts about Youth Academies to be cancelled. The Americans use education as their training platform College basketball, college football, don't know about baseball, but I'm sure there will be some Dees who do.

Don't see it that way, Abdul. It'll be different for sure but the players will just go to the team that pays the biggest wages. Not at all sure that this will help the clubs at all. Think it might cause thoughts about Youth Academies to be cancelled. The Americans use education as their training platform College basketball, college football, don't know about baseball, but I'm sure there will be some Dees who do.

There is also college baseball. However it is accepted that it takes so long to become a pro baseball player, that once a club drafts a player from college, they work their way through the "reserves" - the lowest being the AAA team, then the AA and so on until they reach the majors. Some can make that journey within a year, others it takes most of their careers and most never make it to the big show.

However, like most US sports, there is a "transfer system", however little of it involves the exchange of cash for players, instead you "trade" players, the big names moving for maybe three or four lesser players and so on. Although sometimes "cash considerations" makes up a portion of the deal, when the franchises can't decide on a trade that meets both team's needs, but one still wants to offload salary.

There is also freedom of contract in baseball where a player simply sees out there contract and moves to the highest bidder. What this means is that the investment in minor league teams is huge and the salaries in the major leagues are astronomical. In truth that's what we have now, with the likes of Chelsea usually having 70 or so players out on loan every season and a highly paid first team. Take out the transfer fee and they'll simply be able to do more of that, as the teams with less money do less of it. Same as now, just an even bigger gap.

Bosman was meant to save the smaller teams, in essence it financially crippled, or at least tied the hands of all teams except the elite, who can do what they want, when they want. This will just make it worse. Football isn't a normal business and while courts may try to treat it as such, all they do is strangle everyone bar who they think their penalising. 

It would certainly be interesting to see how this panned out if it came to fruition. I can't see it happening though.. No doubt there will be decision makers within that European court that have had their pockets lined by some FIFA big wigs at some stage.

Even if it did go through. Football is so corrupt nowadays that they would quickly find a work around to ensure that the "big clubs" dominance continued.

I actually really like the sound of this.

Taking transfer fees out of the game can only level the playing field. Players won't be able to hold the clubs to ransom and make fools of the fans.

Not to mention it's completely immoral to regard players as goods for sale.

I hate the current system but to feel sorry for the players because the are"goods for sale" is for me a tad ingenious, I mind there was talks of 'slavery' when player contracts have been discussed in the past, traditionally slaves haven't received 250K week a year. Of course they don't all receive this kind of bloated wage but (quite understandably) I'm sure they would all like it. 

There are plenty people who prefer to contract in different industries, IT being an obvious one, football is an industry which is all short contract work, that's the nature of the 'industry', players are happy to accept this when clubs are willing to compete for their services, and when you throw the agents cut in as well, who do you think is paying for this ? I know they're not all on Hollywood wages, especially in Scotland but if you want to kick a ball for a living you take your chances. You might get pressure to move clubs if your current club gets a good offer but if the other club really wants you then they'll offer enough money to make it worth your while, especially if you've got your agent to arrange it. 

121839237.MArTpbBE.boohoo.gif