The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Boba Fett

What Would You Hope For In This Scenario?

Rate this topic

What would you hope for?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Aberdeen are guaranteed to win the league if they beat us at Dens on the final day of the season. Celtic are waiting in the wings if they don't win. It's 0-0 at half time. What do you want to see in the 2nd half at Dens?

• Aberdeen to sneak a victory over us and bring thirty years of Old Firm dominance to a shuddering halt
    • A Dundee win as always.. I never want the Dee to lose, especially if it means having to watch another team celebrate winning the League on our turf

The scenario:

It's the final day of the season, we have made the top six and we are certain to finish fourth regardless of our result on the final day. We have no possibility of making Europe as the Scottish Cup Final is being contested by two teams below us in the League. We are playing the league leaders Aberdeen in the final game of the season at a sold out Dens where they are guaranteed to be crowned League Champions if they secure three points against us. Celtic are in 2nd place and only one point behind Aberdeen. They face Hearts at Celtic Park in the last game of the season.

It's half time and 0-0 at Dens. Celtic are winning 3-0 at home.

What are you hoping for in the 2nd half?

Edited by Boba Fett

I was devastated watching the sheep celebrate their cup final win in 1995 so I've no desire to see them celebrating another trophy ever again. If it came down to a game with Dundee for the title, I'd rather watch them greeting while taking satisfaction from the fact that Dundee were kingmakers like in 1986.

Having said that, it would be great for Scottish football if they did win it.

I was devastated watching the sheep celebrate their cup final win in 1995 so I've no desire to see them celebrating another trophy ever again. If it came down to a game with Dundee for the title, I'd rather watch them greeting while taking satisfaction from the fact that Dundee were kingmakers like in 1986.

Having said that, it would be great for Scottish football if they did win it.

Remember.. We're finishing fourth. A remarkable season for only our second term back in the top flight. Think of the impact to Scottish Football if there was a non Ugly Sister winner of the League again!

Tough one..

Beat them...they're almost as arrogant as the Bigot Brothers...that and I don't want to see another team celebrate a league win at Dens

The only time I've ever wanted us to lose was in 86, step up Albert Kidd.   :D  At the time I really didn't go to the games although I was a Dundee fan, I can't remember if I was aware of the potential Euro spot but I wanted Hearts to win the league over one side of the OF. I would be happy if it was Hamilton to be honest, just not the Arabs. I'll probably get pelters but it is what it is, we have a rivalry with Utd, a think a pretty healthy one, the OF on the other hand ruin our game, I'll take a large amount of pleasure out of 1 half getting pipped to the post by a club spending 10% of their budget. f**k the DAB'S but f**k the OF even more.

Although thinking about it, I think it was Aberdeen that blocked the 11-1 voting getting canned so maybe I need to review my militant stand.  :mad:

A Dundee win regardless of the consequences. Leh doon tae nae chunt.

A Dundee win every day of the week.

Fk Aberdeen.

Liking your style gents...

Dundee win.

Change the scenario so that it's United rather than Celtic and I'd give a different answer.....

Need to go for the win, regardless of the out come for any other club, dark blue forever and always DDYB

I would want Dundee to win.

Wouldn't faze me if Aberdeen won the league tho. I'm actually hoping they do.