The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
ADM59

Happy To Be 4 Down?

Rate this topic

listening on the radio always going to be tough at Parkhead. Would expect us to get stuck in. not one booking not one face to face confrontation .We just do not seem to believe we are at the same level as them.

listening on the radio always going to be tough at Parkhead. Would expect us to get stuck in. not one booking not one face to face confrontation .We just do not seem to believe we are at the same level as them.

We're nowhere near their level.

So we should be trying anyway we can to level the playing field anyway we can.To soft no fight .Beat 6-0 not one booking absolute pish.

What a load of rubbish. Ridiculous. What are they doing in training every day?

Why not start with Loy and Calder? Defence is so poor.

So we should be trying anyway we can to level the playing field anyway we can.To soft no fight .Beat 6-0 not one booking absolute pish.

Should we be going out to hurt their players picking up bookings on the way? The game was lost after fifteen minutes, best just sitting tight, not picking up injuries and not getting red cards, or best kicking anything in hoops?

I'd have kicked them myself.

Tough at parkhead!!,thats a total disgrace,f------g minter,shouldve had a go with 4-4-2 fae start,couldn't have been any worse ffs!!

Deeranged, on 20 Sept 2015 - 4:50 PM, said:

Should we be going out to hurt their players picking up bookings on the way? The game was lost after fifteen minutes, best just sitting tight, not picking up injuries and not getting red cards, or best kicking anything in hoops?

I'd have kicked them myself.

There's a difference between going out to hurt them and getting in their faces. We did neither - that's why we lost so heavily today.

Stewart was booked

Joke performance.  Some of our defending today was absolutely farcical.

It's not just sour grapes, but if Scottish football is to survive, we have to get the cancer of Celtic and Rangers out of our game. If half a dozen Celtic players can earn in a week what our whole squad earns in a month, this kind of Sunday League result is what you will get. 

An Aberdeen win every year or two is not enough to make the league interesting and we all have to put up with the astonishing arrogance of Celtic players and management who seem to think we should all be happy that their merry band of international misfits is representing Scotland on the big stages.

There should be a league table that ignores Celtic results by giving them a 3.0 defeat every time they play. That will let us see what a proper Scottish Premier League would look like. We won't win it with our current squad but neither will we suffer for this kind of grotesque comedy show.

Shocking display. Due to Hartleys negative tactics we should be going there and attacking them.

3 up front get right into there [email protected]@@@@@G Man the Dee Manfaces i doubt we would get 6 if we did.

Oh yes - I would love us to go there and have a go - then I could accept defeat.

My Celtic mate said last night that he hoped we would make a game of it - I am embarrassed.

It's not just sour grapes, but if Scottish football is to survive, we have to get the cancer of Celtic and Rangers out of our game. If half a dozen Celtic players can earn in a week what our whole squad earns in a month, this kind of Sunday League result is what you will get. 

An Aberdeen win every year or two is not enough to make the league interesting and we all have to put up with the astonishing arrogance of Celtic players and management who seem to think we should all be happy that their merry band of international misfits is representing Scotland on the big stages.

There should be a league table that ignores Celtic results by giving them a 3.0 defeat every time they play. That will let us see what a proper Scottish Premier League would look like. We won't win it with our current squad but neither will we suffer for this kind of grotesque comedy show.

We're not that different to a lot of other leagues, while the money in the English game is mind blowing, Stoke are never going to win the league. I'm all for getting the OF out of the Scottish game but not for reasons of inequality, that's bound to happen but because of the 'baggage' that goes along with them. 

Football is a business and at whatever level our teams play at there will be huge advantages to being the richest team in the league.

I can deal with inequality. I wouldn't mind at all if we only won the league or a cup every 20 years or so. They are the biggest teams in Scotland, from the biggest city and have the biggest support. They would always win the league and cups more than others.

Putting aside their other'attributes' for a minute, we have to consider how they have manipulated the game in Scotland over the past 30 years or so. They did not get so much bigger than everyone else in the league by natural causes. They rigged the voting structure and set about systematically undermining all competition in Scotland. You remember the decision to let the home club keep the gate money? That was the moment when it all changed. Or maybe it was the 11 to 1 voting structure, or maybe the money splitting between the leagues. I could go on. How many great young players have we seen bought and stuck in the reserves.

Football is a business and business is, if left uncontrolled, unfair and leads to monopolies and exploitation. At the risk of coming over all Jeremy Corbyn, we clearly have one, and soon again to be two, uncontrolled monopolies in Scottish football. If this were business in the real world, Government would have stepped in many years ago to ensure there was fair competition.

It must be soul-destroying for a young footballer to have to endure a 6.0 professional defeat in the manner we suffered today from a team that might only finish three or four places above them in the league. Remember, it happened last season as well and no one was really surprised around Scotland. It's just another week.

Lets stop making excuses. It is not right and we must do something about it.

Edited by andrak
  • Like 1

I can deal with inequality. I wouldn't mind at all if we only won the league or a cup every 20 years or so. They are the biggest teams in Scotland, from the biggest city and have the biggest support. They would always win the league and cups more than others.

Putting aside their other'attributes' for a minute, we have to consider how they have manipulated the game in Scotland over the past 30 years or so. They did not get so much bigger than everyone else in the league by natural causes. They rigged the voting structure and set about systematically undermining all competition in Scotland. You remember the decision to let the home club keep the gate money? That was the moment when it all changed. Or maybe it was the 11 to 1 voting structure, or maybe the money splitting between the leagues. I could go on. How many great young players have we seen bought and stuck in the reserves.

Football is a business and business is, if left uncontrolled, unfair and leads to monopolies and exploitation. At the risk of coming over all Jeremy Corbyn, we clearly have one, and soon again to be two, uncontrolled monopolies in Scottish football. If this were business in the real world, Government would have stepped in many years ago to ensure there was fair competition.

It must be soul-destroying for a young footballer to have to endure a 6.0 professional defeat in the manner we suffered today from a team that might only finish three or four places above them in the league. Remember, it happened last season as well and no one was really surprised around Scotland. It's just another week.

Lets stop making excuses. It is not right and we must do something about it.

I agree with the vast majority of your post mate, I just don't see that there is much that will change. That  the 11 to 1 vote hasn't been changed since the clubs have had the chance is to our shame, I can't fathom it myself, if I mind right Aberdeen voted to keep it. If us 'small' clubs aren't going to help ourselves then we deserve what comes our way in that regard. 

I don't want to go down the political route but can you see either the UK or Scottish governments intervening in the business side of football ? They're more interested in the savage behaviour of us prols.

I agree with the vast majority of your post mate, I just don't see that there is much that will change. That the 11 to 1 vote hasn't been changed since the clubs have had the chance is to our shame, I can't fathom it myself, if I mind right Aberdeen voted to keep it. If us 'small' clubs aren't going to help ourselves then we deserve what comes our way in that regard.

I don't want to go down the political route but can you see either the UK or Scottish governments intervening in the business side of football ? They're more interested in the savage behaviour of us prols.

I have a feeling it won't pass the vote again.

If the last few years have taught us anything in Scottish Football, it's that fan pressure can make things happen. I don't like fans trying to run football clubs, but I do like them putting pressure on the authorities to do the right thing, however much they don't want to.