Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Is Getting beaten From Celtic At Parkhead Just One Of These Things?

CW 90+3 02/05/16

Lost count of the amount of heavy defeats we've had there in the past 17 years.

One win there in over 25 years.

One or two draws in same period I think.

Pretty much an inevitable defeat every time we go there and more often than not a heavy one.

To answer my own question, if we were beaten by a goal or two today and gave them a game, I wouldn't have been too disheartened.

To lose 6-0 but could have easily been anything above 10-0 on another day is an embarrassment and unacceptable.

I expect the defeat but 6 going on 10 isn't acceptable.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Didn't see the game so can't comment on this particular game.

However my general view is that whilst defeat may be often inevitable, it's more the manner of it. Getting rolled over by a Larrson inspired Celtic or a Rangers side with Van Bronkhorst is a very different thing to these results.

If a Dee team goes down fighting at Parkhead then I'm happy

Lost count of the amount of heavy defeats we've had there in the past 17 years.

One win there in over 25 years.

One or two draws in same period I think.

Pretty much an inevitable defeat every time we go there and more often than not a heavy one.

To answer my own question, if we were beaten by a goal or two today and gave them a game, I wouldn't have been too disheartened.

To lose 6-0 but could have easily been anything above 10-0 on another day is an embarrassment and unacceptable.

I expect the defeat but 6 going on 10 isn't acceptable.

No it isn't.

Competing and being organised should be a given.

Competing and being organised should be a given.

Agreed. That's all anyone is asking for.

Whatever the hell Hartley put out there today was the most shambolic vomit I've ever seen. The players themselves knew it wasn't working yet he did nothing to help them.

He's very lucky that a) it wasn't at least ten and b ) we have owners that don't ask too many questions.

For me he's coming up short too often.

Edited by blythswood

As mentioned elsewhere, I started getting accustomed to losing to Celtic not long after I started going to games in the early/mid 60's, including the awful 8-1 hiding at Dens....and this was with one of our really good sides.

Any time (after 1964's 4-0 v Killie) we got to a cup semi, we got Celtic, and lost....often by a few....but we had a good side & they had a great one (arguably).

Since then, apart from 5-1 & a few close wins at Celtic Park, we seem to catch them on (our) bad days. No idea why, as this spans a few decades. We don't seem to do so badly against the other half.

A mystery to me :chin:

What's hard to overlook, though, is if the team doesn't appear to be putting up much fight, or changing things to plug leaks.

Smaller clubs don't seem to get humped as often as us....or is it just our perception, as we're not exactly paying attention to those ones, except the Arabs, of course.

Aberdeen survived that 9-0 hiding, and improved. I'm sure we will too.

Even our record at Dens against them is abysmal. Not one solitary win since the 80's!

We all like to claim United lie down against Celtic for their shocking record at Celtic Park, but they at least manage to turn them over at home every once in a while.

Can't be many other teams in the Premiership that have a worse record against Timmy than we do.

I realise Bain was naive and lacking in thought when he made his now infamous "nothing game" comment but perhaps some mild overreaction by some. In all honesty, i kinda get what he possibly (i hope) meant - a game where we expect nothing so nothing is what we got - no surprise. If we are being kind, he was talking retrospectively AFTER the fact rather than describing the mentality before the kick-off. Perhaps?

Adblock Detected