Sign in to follow this  
Rorros

You Are Ph

Rate this topic

What do you say after game today.

Rip into the players?

Arm round the shoulder?

Take the blame yourself?

Aye mind the peter Reid documentary fae a few decades back and him going tonto after the games.

Dinnae suppose that happens now but wouldnae mind being a fly on the wall to see what's said and who cares.

Picks the team, takes the blame.

Sometimes think he has to buy "The Big Book of Football Management - Volume Two - Playing on the wing."

But some players need a good hard talking to after today I think.

It was obvious (or at least seemed so) that PH wasn;t being listened to. But then the question becomes, why not haul players off quicker?)

Think he'll take the blame publicly which he should do tbh as you've got to protect your players.

In the dressing room, I imagine he'll be trying to sandwich encouragement - criticism - encouragement. We're not anywhere near the stage where we should be losing the head yet.

Things that i would do (in no particular order)

. Apologise to the team - Make it clear that I made a mistake in not believing they were good enough to go to Celtic park and play to our strengths looking for a positive result.

. Burn all footage of todays match and consign it to the history books - No point in analysing it. We got it wrong at every level and we'll not be going back there. We'll learn nothing.

. In my next press conference - Make it clear to the supporters that I understand what mistakes have been made, take responsibility for them and confirm that I intend to learn from them and rectify going forward.

. Start planning a team for Saturday based on a 4-4-2 formation with wide men and most importantly, playing at pace and moving the ball quickly.

. Talk with every player 121 over the coming days - install some belief in them and their abilities and make it clear that I intend to use them in their strongest position in a formation they understand wherever possible

. Send Tam Konrad home on the next flight

Edited by Boba Fett
  • Like 1

Things that i would do (in no particular order)

. Apologise to the team - Make it clear that I made a mistake in not believing they were good enough to go to Celtic park and play to our strengths looking for a positive result.

. Burn all footage of todays match and consign it to the history books - No point in analysing it. We got it wrong at every level and we'll not be going back there. We'll learn nothing.

. In my next press conference - Make it clear to the supporters that I understand what mistakes have been made, take responsibility for them and confirm that I intend to learn from them and rectify going forward.

. Start planning a team for Saturday based on a 4-4-2 formation with wide men and most importantly, playing at pace and moving the ball quickly.

. Talk with every player 121 over the coming days - install some belief in them and their abilities and make it clear that I intend to use them in their strongest position in a formation they understand wherever possible

. Send Tam Konrad home on the next flight

Not a lot wrong there mate!

Well stated Boba. Time will tell if any of your thoughts will happen. Hopefully we will start getting the basics correct again.

Take the blame for the rubbish enept tactics utilised. Rip into the players for no heart or passion. Tell the players they best up there game for rest of season.

Take a good few players aside and give them an extra kick up the ar*e.

Get them all training extra hard.

And I would work on stopping myself making the sameistakes week after week, month after month........

Ahhhh I feel better now

Collective responsibility. PH for the team selection and set up and the players for apparently not following his instructions (whatever they may have been).

However,I refuse to believe that the personnel who were put out there are 6 goals (going on 16) worse than that Celtic team when Hamilton, Killie and the wee haters could give them a game. From what I have heard and read it reeks of the players(or some at least) not believing they could give Celtic a game. If that is the case, the fault lies firmly at the door of the management.

PH has never been a manager to slate the players in public, its not his style. Be interesting to see how he reacts this coming Saturday and how the players react. PH takes the blame, picked a side that side struggled to beat Partick, *** only knows what he was thinking playing it again. If PH wants to move to a bigger a club, he needs to do better. Just now he is a manager that can get you up, and keep you up, like many. But to actually progress to top4, cups etc.... He hasn't shown anything yet. Big wakeup call to everyone, I'd wouldn't sack PH unless we got relegated so this isn't I calling for his head, just saying everyone needs to wakeup and realise we aren't good as we all think, our current position in the league is exactly what kind of side we are. 

Still one game doesn't change everything, still feel we are moving in the right direction, even though yesterday was laughable at times. 

Above all you need a team with pace and energy going there. Therefore harkins would have been benched for me. Calder should have played instead.

Loy for hemmings as at least he can control the ball.

Holt for Irvine just because.

Finally meggatt for konrad who's proven time and again he can't play in big games.

Finally play 2 up.

We may as well give it a go when we go into these sorts of games as it's clear we're not good enough to sit in and defend for 90mins and try and sneak a goal on the break. However If you are going to park the bus and defend and play on the break then you need pace in the wide areas as well as grafters around the park, so if that means dropping Harkins and Stewart for the trip to celtic park then thats what we should do. But to think the team that got outplayed for nearly 60mins at partick was going to go there and get something was puzzling to say the least.

Every time we get humped all I'm sick of hearing this is a wake up call, we need to learn from this but nothing ever changes.

Hartley has made the same mistakes over and over but still does them. Thick or what

Every time we get humped all I'm sick of hearing this is a wake up call, we need to learn from this but nothing ever changes.

Hartley has made the same mistakes over and over but still does them. Thick or what

exactly this how many times can he get tactics wrong without changing it to get it right or at the very least an improvement.

He seems to have laid the blame at players door and ripped into them.

Didnae expect that.