The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
GSD

Mentality

Rate this topic

By Bains comment on Deetv we were beaten before game started,as in "theyve got massive squad with massive budget" "9 out of 10 times you get nothing coming here" and the clincher "its a nothing game".With this sort of attitude is it any wonder we got hammered yesterday,we need to instill a winning any and every game mentality.Bain was our saviour from a record book drubbing,What was going through the rest of the teams heads ffs.Who's putting these thoughts in a young players head before a game ,the older players need to have a word with themselves I think #towel thrown on bus!!!

A nothing game? If we'd lost 10 or 12 it would have been news around the world. Six was bad enough. Six was enough to ruin the weekend of the supporters and damage the club's reputation.

Absolutely disgraceful that we're going into games against Celtic with such a pathetic attitude. 

If we go into another big game with that same mentality and lose eight or nine, I think I'd want Hartley punted, regardless of where we are in the league.

Agree with the massive squad, massive budget and 9 times out of 10 get nothing here comments but if he said "it's a nothing game" that is seriously worrying and a massive slap in the face to every Dundee fan who paid probably an average of 50 quid to be there yesterday including transport.

If there is sh*t attitude in dressing room they need to have a clear air meeting to see where its coming from and get it stamped on.Where's the pride in the Club,pride in teammates and pride in one's self gone.Sunday league attitude,nose pickers not giving a sh*t spreads like wildfire through a side if you see older boys fannyin about.That goes for any team game.Sort it out!! :sick:

Hope the players let me know which are the nothing games and I will just stay at home!!! Silly remark which I am sure he may regret - lack of awareness of cost and effort fans make

Maybe the club should let the fans in for free for the Nothing Game at Dens on December 30th.

• Like 1

Ohhh dear....

Thats an "open mouth - insert foot" moment if there ever was one.

However, it speaks volumes about what was happening on the pitch.

I never thought I'd EVER hear a Dundee player describe ANY competetive game (pre-seasons aside) as *nothing* games.

Yeah... that's worrying. Because the inference is... PH knows this.

I find it very hard to believe theat Scott was allowed to just come out and say this, and that the interviews were not vetted/edited by whatever powers that be.

Because if Scott is saying this kind of *damning* statement off his own back.... the boy could be in a wee bit of bother.

Can't get my head around this one....

It's a worry that he's chosen that turn of phrase tbh. No doubt it will be put down to just a poor choice of words but it's more than likely to be indicative of what's been discussed amongst the squad.. No wonder the rest of Scottish football continues to be f**ked over by the ugly sisters with attitudes like that.

I wonder if Niall McGinn or Adam Rooney would be saying the same thing if they had just been gubbed at Septic Park?

Speechless that the boy actually came out with this and speechless that the club let it out unedited.

Amateur hour

That is shocking comments if true and complete kick in the face to anyone who paid good money to be at that game yesterday. If that is the players attitudes then it is no wonder that was almost our worst result in our history. Do the players also think that the home games against Celtic are a nothing game? If so then I'll take a discount on my season ticket and no bother turning up myself for it.

Yes they have a big budget and yes they will beat us 9 times out of 10 but I at least expect to give them a game and force them to play well to beat us. Celtic are no world beaters - they have shown that by their European performances. They have shipped goals in since they lost Denayer and its been so obvious from the games I've seen of them that if you get in their face they will make mistakes. Instead it appears we allowed them to have their easiest game since they played us there last year.

It is the manager's responsibility to make sure the players have belief that they can get a result and that clearly never happened. Was never a John Brown fan but there is absolutely no way that sort of performance would have happened under him.

I have given PH a LOT of support since his installation.

But if this is the sort of thing our players are hearing/being allowed to think for ANY game....

I can't condone that. What the hell are they being PAID for, if not to try and win football matches???

(Yeah, I'm a bit angry about this one)

I remember watching Celtic at the Nou Camp a couple of years ago when they came within a minute of getting a draw. Barcelona were in another league in terms of ability but the Celtic players played with pride and were superbly drilled.

We do not need a massive budget to show pride and be organised so I don't accept the management and players writing these games off and risking a record defeat.

As one of the supporters who made the trip through to Celtic Park yesterday, this has really annoyed me.

Taking Celtic shirts as souvenirs after having our ar** handed to us and then confirming we were taking part in a "nothing" game!

Actually.. I'm raging about it now. WTF!

As one of the supporters who made the trip through to Celtic Park yesterday, this has really annoyed me.

Taking Celtic shirts as souvenirs after having our ar** handed to us and then confirming we were taking part in a "nothing" game!

Actually.. I'm raging about it now. WTF!

Its an utter disgrace mate.

PH should be adressing things like this n Bains comments instead of lapping up the tims.

Edited by CC33

It was a nothing game. We were expected to get beat so anything there is a bonus.

Bain's comments aren't a problem, Hartley's approach to the game was. 11 men between our keeper and the centre circle invited a drubbing. And that's what we got.

It was a nothing game. We were expected to get beat so anything there is a bonus.

Bain's comments aren't a problem, Hartley's approach to the game was. 11 men between our keeper and the centre circle invited a drubbing. And that's what we got.

The drubbing was in large part due to the mind set of the players. Which in turn was clearly that we're in a nothing game here.

Neither are acceptable.

I can't believe we only got one player booked when we were getting the run around, put in a tackle for fcuk's sake. You can blame Hartley for that if you want but I know I would have got mad as a player and kicked the fcuk out of them. They were showboating and that is unacceptable. Raith will give them a better game on Wednesday!

I can see what he is meaning but hasn't worded it well.think he meant that we didn't go there expecting to get anything which is correct. the problem is we went and didn't even give it a go to try and get something. that is down to Hartley.he should have been telling the players that everyone had written us off and to go out and prove them wrong. looks more likely he told them to just take it easy

When I was younger seen dees try like phuck at tattiedome against much better smeltic team.why is Bain saying this crap.

A and B parts of his statement are correct but the "its a nothing game" part is naive.

Ken he's trying to say anything is a bonus but its no ah nothing game to the folk that fork oot to go.

• Like 1