The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Frank Grimes

What Would You Rather?

Rate this topic

Was wondering this the other day and and thinking what most Dundee fans would go for.

Would you rather we finished 2nd with United just behind us in 3rd OR us finishing 11th with United finishing bottom?

Not trying to make any point here, just out of our curiosity.

Was wondering this the other day and and thinking what most Dundee fans would go for.

Would you rather we finished 2nd with United just behind us in 3rd OR us finishing 11th with United finishing bottom?

Not trying to make any point here, just out of our curiosity.

Well, that is a tough one, really is... so I decided to choose 3rd place with Utd finishing bottom.... yeah that will do  ;)

2nd place for us please.

United can do whatever they like..

My desire to see the Dee doing well is far greater than my desire for anything to do with the Dabs.

Edited by Boba Fett
  • Like 4

Just so long as we are above them!

Now winning a cup or United going bust.......:-)

Would be hibs all over again. They made an ar** of it.

2nd place for us please.

United can do whatever they like..

My desire to see the Dee doing well is far greater than my desire for anything to do with the Dabs.

Absolutely this. It would be brilliant to finish 2nd. If we are doing well and finish 2nd I couldn't care less if they finished 3rd as long as they don't also win a cup

Definitely finishing as high as possible. Anyway, we'd probably lose in the play-offs

We find she 2nd and UTD 3rd surely that's what the majority would want

I'd expect us to lose the play-offs so I definitely wouldn't go for that option.

We'd have a miserable season getting beat most weeks. United doing slightly worse would be little consolation.

I think it would be good for the city to have a strong United and an even stronger Dundee so I'd be happy with us second and them third.

a second place finish would mean europe, so its a no brainer.

Aye as above valley boy ..... I was going tae add what and where the "ither lot" are, is of no concern to me. But to be honest that is no strictly true.

Like awe Clubs they will have some decent supporters  (I suppose)  But I am jist seek o the lot o them now. And awe their gloating ower the years.

We've not finished in the top two for 53 years so i'd go with that.

Having said that, we've not been in a league above United for 55 years either :angel:

We've finished top two on five occasions. United have done it once.

To be honest when I was really young(a long time ago now!) in the 5o's I never really thought or cared about United-they were a pretty poor old Second Division side and as such weren't really ever a threat to their more illustrious neighbours across the road. When Dundee were in their deepest darkest days during their two admins we had to endure a lot of gloating from United fans( many of whom had no memory of when Dundee were emphatically the top team in the city) who clearly now appear "not to be able to take it back" --The real reason that United fans are so bitter against us is that they see that we have become a threat-yes even though we lost heavily at the week end -make no mistake we are still a threat to their undoubted supremacy in the city with the exception of a few semi successful seasons for the Dee. So being one of the people who have lived through the times when we gave Utd seven to seeing us get six last season I personally would vote for a second place for the big team and a play off spot for Utd culminating in them getting humped from the Hibees in the play offs. Honestly I'm not bitter I just cannot stand them.