The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
offshoredee

County

Rate this topic

Even if they were 4 down right now, I don't think Saturday would have been easy. They're a decent side we do poorly against all too often.

• Like 1

TDB posted our all-time record against County W10 D10 L12. Had no idea we'd such a sh**e record against them, so it is never going to be easy.

But we should be winning these types of games.

TDB posted our all-time record against County W10 D10 L12. Had no idea we'd such a sh**e record against them, so it is never going to be easy.

But we should be winning these types of games.

I'd suggest that on the run of results Motherwell are on, we should be winning those sorts of games and if we have intentions of finishing higher than we did last season, then we need to win these sorts of games, but I don't think we have any sort of edge or advantage over Ross Co on the park.

They're the form side at the moment and they'll come absolutely flying out the traps on Saturday such will be their confidence.

They're not the 'diddy' team they once were. So to go in expecting an easy win would be foolish. Obviously look to win all our games especially at home but I wouldn't be crying into my post match pint on Saturday if we only took a point, reckon we can do the business though but it'll be very tough. Hope our last result brings out a good reaction from us.

• Like 1

..., but I don't think we have any sort of edge or advantage over Ross Co on the park.

You're right, we probably don't. Maybe just in my head we do (or should).

I posted this morning on here that a point wouldn't be a bad result on Saturday against 4th place County who we often struggle against and we've just had a 6-0 defeat.

With them 6-0 up on the 2nd placed unbeaten until tonight championship team, i'll change my opinion from a point wouldn't be a bad result on Saturday to a point would be a very good result for us on Saturday.

It's easy to post, "but it's at Dens and these are the type of games we should be winning".

Got to be realistic.

Hopefully i'm left looking stupid as we thump them 3-0 mind :)

Hopefully they have eaten up a lot of their alloted goals. If you believe that rubbish. Gonnae be a battle Saturday, we need to take the game to them from the get go.

I'm on an early flight to Corfu on Saturday morning so won't get the result until 18.45 hours local time. It won't be easy and I hope my holiday does not get off to a sh**e start. They are playing well just now and also at the end of last season. It will be interesting how we line up against them and what our tactics will be. Just hope my beer o'clock will not be fecked up

Sorry I just struggle to accept that a point against a club the size of county is a good result.

For once we are now being well run off the park and have facilitated our manager with a good choice of players. Surely we have to be looking to beat these smaller clubs?

7-0 now. It's one thing taking 6 off Celtic on a Saturday at Parkhead but imagine going up to Dingwall midweek and taking 7. That must be the epitome of a soul destroying experience. The drive back must be absolutely awful!

Sorry I just struggle to accept that a point against a club the size of county is a good result.

Club sizes and crowds matter not one bit on the park unfortunately.

They are a better team than us so far this season and are 7-0 up against a much harder opponent a league above the ones who knocked us out in the same competition a round earlier.

You can't seriously think a point would be a bad result on Saturday after we've just been beat 6-0 ourselves?

• Like 1

PRD has a point

Saturday was always gonna be a hard game. Hopefully their captain Davies is still out as he seems a top player. 

We have to start well and play positive otherwise we could very well get beat, especially going by our previous few performances. 

Club sizes and crowds matter not one bit on the park unfortunately.

They are a better team than us so far this season and are 7-0 up against a much harder opponent a league above the ones who knocked us out in the same competition a round earlier.

You can't seriously think a point would be a bad result on Saturday after we've just been beat 6-0 ourselves?

Sorry maybe I am being stubborn or unrealistic but a home draw v Ross County will never be a good result in my eyes.

Points away at Pitodrie or Tynie are good points. Home to county is our bread and butter and if we aspire to be anything above average then we need to be winning them.

I would actually counter your argument that after a performance as holocaustically (if that's a word) bad as Saturday our players should be going out with such a rocket up their arses that they should be running through brick walls to win, making a point a poor result if that's all that is gained.

I see Ivan's point as well. It will depend on what Dee team shows up on the day.