Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Missed Opportunity

Real own goal from the board.

The board were entirely right in upping the prices to allow the manager a higher playing budget.

Hartley has however f**ked it up emmensely. The drop in numbers at the gate is entirely his fault owing to his lack of ability to put a decent team on the park that folk want to watch, playing brutal football week after week and getting put out the league cup with a whimper to 3rd tier opposition.

The fans are sick of him and showing it at the gate.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The board were entirely right in upping the prices to allow the manager a higher playing budget.

Hartley has however f**ked it up emmensely. The drop in numbers at the gate is entirely his fault owing to his lack of ability to put a decent team on the park that folk want to watch, playing brutal football week after week and getting put out the league cup with a whimper to 3rd tier opposition.

The fans are sick of him and showing it at the gate.

Have to agree Abdul. The Board backed their man and the blame lies with him.

If DFC were playing good attractive football and winning games fans would find they extra couple of quid to come along. Instead it's very poor fare.

Folk will accept this brutal style if we are winning but whilst we aren't fans will vote with their feet

There is always the point put forward by the Board and some supporters   (And in theory it does seem logical & reasonable)

that if there is a genuine desire to show real ambition for DFC and improve the quality of performances and results, everyone

has to accept, this will involve extra finance, which usually means, increasing admission/season ticket prices. It could also

be said however, that if this improvent is not obvious and continous, some will feel very hard done by, & say, I've had enough.

The board scored a massive OG with the massive increase in ST prices.

Did they though?

If less sales have brought in more money they've got it right in their eyes I'd say. As fans we want bums on seats and fans roaring the team on, they're business men and want to maximise income.

Where it's gone wrong is PATG customers, play the boring stuff we have done this season and the casual punter or the fan that can't shell out for a season ticket won't come along.

• Like 1

You can't base prices on how good the teams playing.

We have got better players this year that last, which mean we need more money. How they are playing and performing won't come into it.

The budget needs set early. Its done. You can't not change prices. It would mean loosing money.

Unfortunately, the players are the ones causing the problem.

Not the board.

Did they though?

If less sales have brought in more money they've got it right in their eyes I'd say. As fans we want bums on seats and fans roaring the team on, they're business men and want to maximise income.

Where it's gone wrong is PATG customers, play the boring stuff we have done this season and the casual punter or the fan that can't shell out for a season ticket won't come along.

Yeah, upping the price of the oldies ST in particular was going to make some people opt to be PATSies (pay at the shop  :P ) and if we're not cutting it on the park and us forum monkey's are all doom and gloom, people will vote with their feet. As you say though, from a business point of view, if the club are getting more in from the current arrangement they won't have a problem with it and they'll hope that we start getting wins and more will come back.

I do think they've cocked up with the kiddy prices, both for the oldie and 'normal' ticket I don't have a problem, at some point there will be a price where individuals will draw a line and the very steep increase for the coffin dodgers  :rolleyes: will have put a lot off, even those that probably could afford them. Yes we all pay too much for the games we watch but the clubs need our cash, its just how it is.

This is very much something the Board will have to review, if there were anti PH boycotts getting organised (I'm not for one second suggesting it) then it might force their hand but seeing as how we're not even at Christmas yet and we're mid table I very much doubt the knives will be out for Hartley quite yet and neither they should. The Board as well as us fans should be hoping that our sh*t patch (of mostly draws, not losses) comes to an end and we get our sh*t together, I know we've got a tough run coming up so its all relative, we've got 3 tough games ahead. 

In a results driven industry its no surprise that our poor form has meant less bums on seats. (I could have just typed that last sentence now I think about it  :rolleyes: ).

I would go as far as saying we are at a point that Nelms has to speak to OH regarding his performance.

Any good top level management individual will sit down early in a potential crisis and brainstorm how to fix it.

Leaving it till its too late is what happened across the road.

Maybe they have and PH has convinced him that he's sorting it, we just don't know and neither we should. 

Adblock Detected