Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Kevin Holt

Attilio

Cobra , you been drinking mate ? The guy is stinking beyond belief ! Exposed week in week out - can't defend and offered nowt going forward , but perhaps it's the lack of width that's the reason

He's only 22. I think the guy is a real talent. He can be great going forward and scored a couple of important goals in the last five games.

Ok he needs to improve his defending but he's only played a dozen games at this level. I think he'll prove to be a great signing in time.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I haven't been impressed with Holt this season and he looks like he's lacking confidence but having said that, I thought he was better today bar the odd moment.

One thing he didn't deserve in the slightest was the howling booing when he passed back to Bain one of the times. I was as frustrated with our backwards passing and slowness as anyone today but the mass loud booing for a pass back to the keeper was simply ridiculous and the players must be thinking WTF are we playing for here. Fk it, going to be honest here, it was embarassing and it's been happening a lot this season including a few times today.

I haven't been impressed with Holt this season and he looks like he's lacking confidence but having said that, I thought he was better today bar the odd moment.

One thing he didn't deserve in the slightest was the howling booing when he passed back to Bain one of the times. I was as frustrated with our backwards passing and slowness as anyone today but the mass loud booing for a pass back to the keeper was simply ridiculous and the players must be thinking WTF are we playing for here. Fk it, going to be honest here, it was embarassing and it's been happening a lot this season including a few times today.

That's because we are scunnered with the style of play that's being offered up bud.. Whilst I'm not one for booing, I am totally frustrated with our needles and futile passing sprees in our own half. Our opponents get back into shape and just push us back because they have so much time.

Moving the ball quickly from back to front has to be our number one priority for improvement. Passing the ball back to Bain every two minutes will not bring us any opportunities to win football matches.

what about the pass he played across the back 4 and went behind everyone and nearly caused a goal ?? Dreadful dreadful stuff

what about the pass he played across the back 4 and went behind everyone and nearly caused a goal ?? Dreadful dreadful stuff

Yeah that was one of his "moments" I was referring to.

The other was when he surged forward in the first half then made an inside pass to 3 Partick players and the ref with not a Dundee shirt in sight.

Just thought he was steady enough other than these moments and a section of our fans howling and booing at a pass back to the keeper really don't help matters.

Look at McGinn. He came in last season, started well and then looked out of his depth.

He needs to find out how to cross the ball, but this season he looks far more comfortable.

It takes time. Lads like Holt, Hemmings, Loy, Calder, Healey, Julen have never played consistently at this level before and even the likes of Low and Ross are hardly "veteran" top flight first team performers. 

All these guys are going to have periods in games and longer, where they struggle to adjust.

Holt has talent, but he's being asked to cover too much ground and is left exposed far too often. 

His lack of ability to stop a cross is a worry though.

• Like 1

That's because we are scunnered with the style of play that's being offered up bud.. Whilst I'm not one for booing, I am totally frustrated with our needles and futile passing sprees in our own half. Our opponents get back into shape and just push us back because they have so much time.

Moving the ball quickly from back to front has to be our number one priority for improvement. Passing the ball back to Bain every two minutes will not bring us any opportunities to win football matches.

Have to say that the booing and general atmosphere in Dens today really got to me.

Some lads were baying for Hemmings' blood whenever he misplaced a pass. The player widely regarded as our best since we got back in the top division was booed in the first half for not finding a man when we were attacking, Holt, Gadzahlov and Konrad were booed for passing the ball (and keeping possession mind) back to the keeper.

Some lads were screaming to keep the ball on the ground, others to hoof it long.

The football at Dens isn't wonderful now (seldom has been in the decades I've, and nearly all on here, have been going), but I have to say that much though I love my club, it can't be much fun pulling on a dark blue shirt right now and running out to play in front of us. Pains me to say that and some on here will have a serious problem with me saying it, but that's how I see it.

The football at Dens isn't wonderful now (seldom has been in the decades I've, and nearly all on here, have been going), but I have to say that much though I love my club, it can't be much fun pulling on a dark blue shirt right now and running out to play in front of us. Pains me to say that and some on here will have a serious problem with me saying it, but that's how I see it.

It's not very much fun for us turning up to watch the football on offer either. Edited by Dundeefc1783

Have to say that the booing and general atmosphere in Dens today really got to me.

Some lads were baying for Hemmings' blood whenever he misplaced a pass. The player widely regarded as our best since we got back in the top division was booed in the first half for not finding a man when we were attacking, Holt, Gadzahlov and Konrad were booed for passing the ball (and keeping possession mind) back to the keeper.

Some lads were screaming to keep the ball on the ground, others to hoof it long.

The away support is much much better barkblue, I despair at the home support sometimes but yesterday I found myself shouting at players (I normally don't) but I never have and I hope I never will boo, its just so generic that I'm sure some players won't know if its them that's getting booed.

As for Holt, the FB's are crucial to PH's formation, they have a hell of a big ask, they have to provide the width going forward and cover at the back. It took McGinn pretty much a season to settle in (after a good start), lets give Holt time to settle. In the formations that PH seems to favour they are very exposed and they're in the position of making a mistake and there is no one else to back them up. I can see what PH is looking for, I'm watching Arsenal V Spurs as I type this but for whatever reason, our team doesn't seem capable of playing the way he wants, a good manager will get the best from what he has, last year he didn't have 'his' players as much, this year he should but if its not happening then HE needs to change things to make it work not expect guys to magically improve.

Adblock Detected