Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Highest % Of Scots Born Players In The Starting Line Up..

MainStandMenace

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Well done?

The football is crap.

Couldn't care less where our players come from.

Only interested in seeing Dundee do as well as we can and play some decent stuff in the process.

Aye! WELL DONE what did you not get about that?...

I didn't say the football has been great this season either!

I says well done because I quite like the fact our squad is full of scots players on the up that's why I posted this. NOTHING MORE. 

Our form has been up and down this season I get that but we aren't any worst off than last season so canni see what all the negativity is about?..

Also the fact we brought several more players into the squad again without taking a nosedive in the league like others do.

I prefer things as they are now. The club living their means. A mostly Scottish team who fight for every point and are usually hard to beat.

The expensive foreigners played when they felt like it, won fk all and almost left us without a club.

The standard in Scottish football is poor across the board. I think we've got better players than most and I think we'll improve.

• Like 3

I prefer things as they are now. The club living their means. A mostly Scottish team who fight for every point and are usually hard to beat.

The expensive foreigners played when they felt like it, won fk all and almost left us without a club.

The standard in Scottish football is poor across the board. I think we've got better players than most and I think we'll improve.

Can't argue with any of that.

Georgi, Dariusz and Fab Cab back in their prime would be a "nice to have" though :)

I could care less how of our players are Scottish , i just want to see good players for DFC

Some folk are a bit sceptical of foreign players but there just as much a risk as tapping into the lower leagues of Scotland imo like we`ve done.

In that can a foreign player adapt/adjust to SPL -  RISK
Can a lower league player step up to SPL - RISK

Cant be put of the foreign route cos of Admin 1

Hearts went into admin , got out of it and tapped into that market more diciplined and its took them forward as a club

What cripples to a club is having players on big money sitting in the stands or bench like KT , Harkins , Ferry(i know he`s away) , Low(3 year deal)

I could care less how of our players are Scottish , i just want to see good players for DFC

Some folk are a bit sceptical of foreign players but there just as much a risk as tapping into the lower leagues of Scotland imo like we`ve done.

In that can a foreign player adapt/adjust to SPL -  RISK

Can a lower league player step up to SPL - RISK

Cant be put of the foreign route cos of Admin 1

Hearts went into admin , got out of it and tapped into that market more diciplined and its took them forward as a club

What cripples to a club is having players on big money sitting in the stands or bench like KT , Harkins , Ferry(i know he`s away) , Low(3 year deal)

I don't think we have anyone on big money these days CC.

Extending our overdraft by £300k to sign Fan Zhiyi in an attempt to break into the Chinese market is the kind of thing that cripples a club. Taking a punt on Nicky Low is something we can probably get away with if it doesn't work out.

We should be open to good value signings at home and abroad and I think we're doing that. It's probably harder than ever to scout a quality player abroad who hasn't already been found though so we might be better off putting most of our resources into following lower league players who we can watch a dozen times before making a decision.

I don't think we have anyone on big money these days CC.

Extending our overdraft by £300k to sign Fan Zhiyi in an attempt to break into the Chinese market is the kind of thing that cripples a club. Taking a punt on Nicky Low is something we can probably get away with if it doesn't work out.

We should be open to good value signings at home and abroad and I think we're doing that. It's probably harder than ever to scout a quality player abroad who hasn't already been found though so we might be better off putting most of our resources into following lower league players who we can watch a dozen times before making a decision.

I can honestly understand the thinking of Fan Zhiyi tho - he was a massive star in China. - i know it never worked but i think that was more down down bad upper management of the situation.

I cant think of a foreign player we got from abroad where it was dead cheap where it worked out a sucsess (i know there is prob 1 that will prob get pointed out) - other clubs have brought in foreign players who didnt command big money like the ones we had.

Cant say Novo as he was plucked from Raith

Im all for the Bain`s / Stewart / Mcginn / Jules - these 4 i have really happy we have FWIW

Disagree that we havent spent good money this summer , teams like Inverness , County wouldnt have had the funds to afford KT for example

Low id disagree with - giving a sereious injury phrone player like him a 3 year deal is madness imo plus i think he`s another 10 a penny player

Edited by CC33

Adblock Detected