Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Clicking Topic Title Doesn't Take Me To New Post

TheDarkBlues

Question

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would clear up some of the confusion over this issue now that I have found out the reason why this is happening and the explanation is actually quite sensible now I see what they have done.

Most times when you click on a topic post title it will take you directly to that post, that is expected behaviour. However, in the case when you are viewing a forum and clicking on a topic title, it takes you to the first one and not to the last as we have become accustomed too and there is a reason for this now.

As you can see from the image below, there is a blue icon (dot or star) to indicate that there is a new post in this topic or a grey icon and this indicates that there are no new posts since your last visit.

newpostintopicissue.jpg

Now, to get the latest post in this topic, click on the blue (dot or star) and this will take you directly to the latest post in this thread.

The reason behind this as they put it is 'consistency'. Clicking on the topic title should take you to the first post in that thread and the blue icon will take you to the first unread post.

I believe that in a future update they will allow admins to change the behaviour of this, but until then this is the best option without me modifying the base code.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

7 answers to this question

There is currently a bug with the forum that will prevent some going straight to the first unread topic, the IPB development team are currently looking into this and hopefully have a fix in the next forum update:

https://invisionpower.com/4bugtrack/active-reports/419-first-unread-setting-not-going-to-content-item-r10822/

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, JoeCovenant said:

I really hope this will end up being worth all the time and effort it's taking you, John!

Kudos!

Trust me, the bugs that I have encountered on this forum is a lot less than the old one. The forum software itself is still pretty new, and the reason I never upgraded before was due to a lot of issues others were having with it. It seems pretty stable now.

Honestly Joe, the old forum took a lot more time and effort because of a lot of issues that I encountered, but no one was using the forum at that time. So most came along after I had done most of the work :)

24 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Trust me, the bugs that I have encountered on this forum is a lot less than the old one. The forum software itself is still pretty new, and the reason I never upgraded before was due to a lot of issues others were having with it. It seems pretty stable now.

Honestly Joe, the old forum took a lot more time and effort because of a lot of issues that I encountered, but no one was using the forum at that time. So most came along after I had done most of the work :)

Aye, that's one o the Big Benefits o bein' the Admin o' a Deid Forum .... There's naebody oot there tae critcise ye :lol2:

Adblock Detected