The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Drago

Best Young Manager In Scotland

Rate this topic

I don't know what hartley has that smith, brown, scott, kernaghan, bonetti etc didn't to avoid the whole crowd turning on him and his team.

A history of success at another club and at ours?

Better than Jocky Scott's record as a manager Dundee manager? Top 6 finishes in his first 2 spells in charge, one promotion which could have been two if he hadn't been sacked whilst top of the league and yet folk wouldn't give him a minute's peace to do his job. Apparently winning promotion in part-time football and a truck full of self hype affords you more time and credit than Jocky. I don't get it.

• Like 1

The Hartleys cult that formed based on part time success elsewhere is one of the most bizarre things that have happened in 40 years

The day I get a bricker about Alloa ###### Athletic 3rd Div title and use that as a barometer for DFC success I will chuck

Take out Clarkson s hit streak and we have been as bad as any DFC team

He quit when he got 5 from Dumbarton a year ago

Wouldn't be surprised if he did same when he realises he is out his depth

Hopefully take his Germans Kevin Thomson Dyer Roberts and a few more that he signed

Another warm up injury today.... Anybody thought that his sports science nonesense is just that and others do it better and quieter

10 from an average Utd side but talk of extending this frauds contract

Wake up FFS

I mentioned this at the game that he may offer his resignation but he realises that

with his back room staff that he has been given carte blanche to sign that the 

board would sh*t it and tell him to tough it out.

We the fans and club are held over a barrel :(

Better than Jocky Scott's record as a manager Dundee manager? Top 6 finishes in his first 2 spells in charge, one promotion which could have been two if he hadn't been sacked whilst top of the league and yet folk wouldn't give him a minute's peace to do his job. Apparently winning promotion in part-time football and a truck full of self hype affords you more time and credit than Jocky. I don't get it.

We don't know where we're going to finish this season.

I personally never got involved in hounding any manager out of Dens, except for Davie White, before Brown who I wanted out from the minute he was appointed - and that has more to do with deeds than performances or results.

Derry Family, on 01 Jan 2015 - 2:35 PM, said:

The Hartleys cult that formed based on part time success elsewhere is one of the most bizarre things that have happened in 40 years

The day I get a bricker about Alloa fkn Athletic 3rd Div title and use that as a barometer for DFC success I will chuck

Take out Clarkson s hit streak and we have been as bad as any DFC team

He quit when he got 5 from Dumbarton a year ago

Wouldn't be surprised if he did same when he realises he is out his depth

Hopefully take his Germans Kevin Thomson Dyer Roberts and a few more that he signed

Another warm up injury today.... Anybody thought that his sports science nonesense is just that and others do it better and quieter

10 from an average Utd side but talk of extending this frauds contract

Wake up FFS

So since you clearly want Hartley out, who would be in your frame to replace him out of interest?

So since you clearly want Hartley out, who would be in your frame to replace him out of interest?

Deleted what I posted - not fair on DF.

Bring Bomber back!

You've been against Hartley since he got the job Ivan.

John Brown is the only Dundee manager in recent year to produce an anywhere near acceptable level of passion and commitment in derbies. For all his flaws, he's the only one who's even come close to getting a result against that shower. Give me Bombers 10 men battling for a point at Tannadice over that performance every day of the week. As much of a slavering idiot as he was, he had the passion required for these games.

Not making him out to be a good manager btw, but it's something to think about before you have a go at him today.

• Like 1

I get what you're saying mate but did you think we did the right thing in getting rid of Jocky ? Using the benefit of hindsight to compare what he did and using it as the yardstick to measure our current manager is flawed logic for me. I think we get rid of managers way too soon and its not just us and not just football. I've seen PH being mockingly called a 'mesiah' figure but nobody is, we all make mistakes and as long as he learns from it and improves then I don't know what else we can expect. I'll use an extreme (complete with hindsight  B) ) example of Alex Ferguson who was a game away from getting his jotters.

Its all very well getting in a 'young and exciting' manager and saying that you know he's still learning his craft and then when he makes a mistake he's not given any slack. It was like the season we were bumped up to the SPL and at the start of the season most of the fans were being reasonable and saying things like we should use the season to bank money and it was a bonus to be there blah blah blah then when we're getting pumped regularly everyone was screaming about it. 

Personally I thought we got rid of Jocky and Barry Smith way too soon, the only recent one I was glad to see the back of was Brown but as has been said, that wasn't strictly about the on field issues although that was hard to watch. Lets see where we are at the end of the season, its a marathon not a sprint.