Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Fragile Squad

Injury prone, lack pace, lack guile, patchwork as witnessed by age of some 'seasoned' pros.

I think Clarkson was luck early season - hardly kicked a ball for weeks

Too many Div 1 players in todays starting eleven - Dyer, Irvine, McAllister, Davidson, Harkins - none good enough for this level in my view.

Keeper badly exposed but he looked like he was not coming off his line at all - feel for him in a way.

Squad needs overhaul as we cannot seem to play same eleven due to injuries. Thomson proving to be massive gamble that has failed.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

andersong, on 01 Jan 2015 - 2:45 PM, said:

Injury prone, lack pace, lack guile, patchwork as witnessed by age of some 'seasoned' pros.

I think Clarkson was luck early season - hardly kicked a ball for weeks

Too many Div 1 players in todays starting eleven - Dyer, Irvine, McAllister, Davidson, Harkins - none good enough for this level in my view.

Keeper badly exposed but he looked like he was not coming off his line at all - feel for him in a way.

Squad needs overhaul as we cannot seem to play same eleven due to injuries. Thomson proving to be massive gamble that has failed.

Agree to a point Andersong.  I agree Dyer, Mcallister  and Davidson are not good enough for this level.  at the start of the season I would have said Irvine as well but he has proved to me that he can do a job.  All four of these players have another thing in common - we couldn't offload them this season.  Like you I feel sorry for Schenk and hope he gets chances to redeem himself.  I am coming around to the view that Harkins cannot be a shoe-in to start each week.  We saw the downside today of what can happen when he gets caught in possession or doesn't release the ball quickly enough.  Starting to agree re Thomson.

Agree to a point Andersong.  I agree Dyer, Mcallister  and Davidson are not good enough for this level.  at the start of the season I would have said Irvine as well but he has proved to me that he can do a job.  All four of these players have another thing in common - we couldn't offload them this season.  Like you I feel sorry for Schenk and hope he gets chances to redeem himself.  I am coming around to the view that Harkins cannot be a shoe-in to start each week.  We saw the downside today of what can happen when he gets caught in possession or doesn't release the ball quickly enough.  Starting to agree re Thomson.

Willie Dyer was given a two year deal from Hartley last May..

It's always a mistake to sign to many players that are around 30 years of age.

It's been tried many times before and rarely does it come off.

You need a couple of experienced guys surrounded by young guys with mobility.

Harkins although slow can spray the ball around, unfortunately he's surrounded by duds.

We can only hope that we can survive in order that Hartley can have get out the scalpel on this squad.

Boba Fett, on 01 Jan 2015 - 3:36 PM, said:

Willie Dyer was given a two year deal from Hartley last May..

Cheers.  I stand corrected if that is the case.  PH must take responsibility for that one.  A pathetic display at LB that was partly responsible for the final result.

Adblock Detected