Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ex Dee Interviews: Peter Macdonald

Hillydfc

I did this a few months back for a previous DFC group on Facebook and shared dark blues forum Facebook here it is for any 1 that has not seen it.

petermcdonald.jpg1 How did you become a Dundee player?

I first spoke to bomber roundabout march time and I asked are you looking for a striker as a joke and he said yeah I will give you a call, he then had me scouted a few times and I had agreed a deal at the end of May

2 Do you wish you joined us sooner?

Yes 100%, I didn't realise how big a club Dundee where and how nice the people at the club where, I wish I had more than 18 months there and gutted I tore my cruciate against Celtic as I thought I was playing well at the time

3 Who were you closest to in time at Dundee?

It has to be Wullie dyer, I've looked after him since he was a kid at St Johnstone and also believe it or not I got him to Morton and also Dundee, as Allan Moore was needing a left back at the time so I recommended him and also bomber the same, so Wullie went on trial for a few days with Dundee and then signed along with me

4 Soapy says explain 'ayunpa' in 98?

Sun, sea, and lots and lots of drink ??

5 Best manager and captain to work with?

I've loved working under every manager I've had but I think for tactical and fine detail it has to be Derek McInnes and the best captain is Gav Rae as he worked behind the scenes for the lads like you wouldn't believe

6 Your best goal in a dee shirt?

I scored 2 free kicks vs Forfar a week after each other so either one of them but my most important goal I've ever scored was against Dumbarton to win the league, I can't explain the feeling but it was emotional as I had wanted to win so so much

7 Winning league back to 2 back which felt better Dundee/Morton?

Defo Dundee as I played every game except one but for Morton I arrived mid-January so I played a bit part in it but still was great to win it and notch a few more goals

8 What do you think of the group?

The group of lads in that dressing room where amazing, we recently had a reunion in Glasgow which Gav Rae was back from Oz for and I'm sure we will have many more as that was best dressing room I have been in .

9 What was it like to work with Jim Duffy?

Jim Duffy was brilliant, a great gaffer and a man’s man, he didn't bullshit and told you how it was which there ain't many gaffers like that about any-more, I loved playing under him and I'm not surprised how he has done at Morton with a very small budget in that league

10 How did the boys adjust to current gaffer after bomber left?

We just had to get on with it as that's football and managers come and go but usually not when you’re a point clear at top of the league and 20 seconds from being 4 clear, it was tough at first as Paul was told we were not fit so Tam Ritchie the fitness coach gave us a mini pre-season in March but then realised we were fit and stopped running us

11 You and Deefiant hero Higgy now play together at Clyde what's he like to play along with and have exchanged and DFC stories?

Higgy is a quality player and we have linked up well so far, we ain't spoke much about our time there other than talking about how good a club it was and how amazing the supporters where

12 Are you still coaching youths at Thistle/Rangers

Yeah I was asked to join Rangers and I moved in February after 30 amazing months at Patrick, I'm enjoying youth coaching at the moment but I want to work with 1st team players as that's always something I wanted to do after my career, I hope one day to be a manager so fingers crossed. Also coach 1st team at Clyde as well as still play

13 Any future plans?

Just to continue coaching and try and become a manager, maybe Dundee one day ??

• Like 9

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Peaso was a really great player and was our most important signing in the promotion season. It's a shame that he kept getting bad injuries at bad times in his career but a real testament that he managed to himself that he managed to work his way back up.

Thought he was terrific as a lone striker in the Celtic game that he references and think we would have beat them that day had he not taken that injury. Didn't realise it was as serious at the time.

• Like 1

Great guy as well Peaso! My 10 year old daughter idolised him at Dens and was gutted when PH let him go, shortly after a mutual friend arranged for us to attend a Dunfermline v Morton game so Molly could see him once more, as the fans never got a chance to thank him and say goodbye.

Well Peaso, gentleman that he, is arranged for us to go meet him at the players lounge before the game, chatted with us telling us how gutted he was to leave the Dee, then went and nicked a couple of complimentary tickets off other Morton players and got us seats in the main stand, after posing for pictures and signing an autograph for her, she will treasure it forever.

One of the best and still banging them in for Clyde!, good on you Peaso!?

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Hillydfc said:

9 What was it like to work with Jim Duffy?

Jim Duffy was brilliant, a great gaffer and a man’s man, he didn't bullshit and told you how it was which there ain't many gaffers like that about any-more, I loved playing under him and I'm not surprised how he has done at Morton with a very small budget in that league

Yep

• 2 weeks later...

Adblock Detected