The Magnificent Dab Admin Thread

Rate this topic

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For people of my age, (55), this is it   Born a week after the European Cup Semi, too young to fully appreciate the decent side of the 60's to mid 70's. Not allowed to go to the only major t

No pragmatism from me - I detest Arabs and want United run into the ground. The night we relegated them at Dens is up there with the birth of my child.  

Didn’t know where to post this but I think this is the perfect place. Yesterday afternoon, I was in The Dundee United club shop, I made sure to not touch anything tangy or that which was a challe

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

Rumours circulating around the Michelin Plant and some Dundee pubs that United are in deep financial doo doo.

Talk of Admin or even liquidation.

But......they're on their way to yet another cup final....must be 25,000 going to this one, surely?  :o

Oh wait....this is the infamous 'fizzy-pop' cup, the one they made so much fuss about....and they're playing either the wee Saintees team heading for the 3rd tier, or an even wee-er Saintees team from Wales. Will they fill McDairmid, or maybe Airdrie?  

Sadly, however, I'd be astonished if there really was any chance of them in Administration.

I'd enjoy it, though ;)

If our admins are anything to go by, financial meltdowns arrive out of the blue in the media and hit you in the stomach rather than starting as rumours on factory floors.

If United were on the brink then I'd expect those involved would want to keep their cards close to their chest until the press had to be told.

Edited by Cobra
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, Cobra said:

If our admins are anything to go by, financial meltdowns arrive out of the blue in the media and hit you in the stomach rather than starting as rumours on factory floors.

If United were on the brink then I'd expect those involved would want to keep their cards close to their chest until the press had to be told.

Hope it does happen tho in all honesty mate 

• Like 2

As uncharacterisistic & uncharitable as this may sound, coming fae me ... I would be delighted to se them fade to obscurity :)

(The following, is no really meant to be a direct hit on them) But when your in a semi-final o' any cup, that draws an attendance

of 1494....weel it must be a bit o' a financial reality for any club !!    Aye Scottish Fitba's in safe hands !!

12 hours ago, Cobra said:

There were loads of rumours flying around prior to both our Admins mate. 

8 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

It's not going to happen. The story gets recycled every 6 months.

This.

The money they owe is apparently to a United fan. If he were to go about handling the situation in this way, he'd be crippling the club he supports and then on top of that, put them in a situation where they could severely reduce the amount of money he would be receiving.

As long as their tax is up to date then they will be fine. Maybe a reduced budget for next season but will comfortably be the biggest in the division if they stay down and Hibs come up.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

This.

The money they owe is apparently to a United fan. If he were to go about handling the situation in this way, he'd be crippling the club he supports and then on top of that, put them in a situation where they could severely reduce the amount of money he would be receiving.

As long as their tax is up to date then they will be fine. Maybe a reduced budget for next season but will comfortably be the biggest in the division if they stay down and Hibs come up.

If they are defaulting on loan payments to "united minded lender(s)".. said lender(s) could see it as an opportunity to enforce some change at the sticklebrick by calling them in. 

Lots and lots of companies enter administration without any monies owed to HMRC. Inabilty to pay creditors is reason enough.