Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Posts And Posters On The Dark Blues Forum

gedee

This is just my own general observations on the DB Forum.

And for the sake of an example I am using the general discussion (and possible divided opinions) on DFC and PH manager .

Lately on the forum, I have noticed, opinions may be divided, on what PH has achieved, (or not) as a manager.

And this division carries through, to whether he is the right man for  DFC ,

But more importantly ....... what is highlighted here on the DB forum, is, although there may be obvious differences and strongly held opinions between posters, it  has never at any time .......  got seriously out of hand ......  (imo) 

There was never anything to be gained, as far as I am concerned, when when extreme opinions on forums,  descended ito personal abuse and insults ......In fact, it meant a great deal of oportunities were lost, because a reasonable difference of opinion, could not be seriously and respectfully, discussed or debated.

For me personally, when posts reached that stage, that was my time to switch off/depart from the topic under discussion.

If others wish to express an opinion on this topic I would be very interested to see if they agree with me, or not.

I have read on other forums (quite recently again) that the rules and guidelines of the DB inhibit posters from being totally honest and being allowed to express fully their opinion .......  (The posters on other forums, have put these points over ...... but maybe not quite as politely as I am putting it here)..........However, I disagree totally with that/their, point of view.

What's here, is totally, my own personal view. I have not discussed this with any staff or posters on the DB Forum.

In fact, if Admin, or other members of staff, wish to move, or even delete this topic altogether (as maybe not suitable subject for discussion on the forum) ...... that OK.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Gedee, my view matches yours.

I mainly watched other Dee forums from afar as to me there was always a tendency for many threads to descend into a bun fight between posters.

If it wasn't all out personal abuse, it would be an ego competiton between individuals or (worst of all IMO) a "look at what this belter has posted next door" session

Dont get me wrong, I like a "spirited" debate but always walk away or bow out on a joke if I feel it's going too far..

I don't think there's been any occasions that I can remember where I feel that I have been prohibited from speaking my mind and in all honesty, the posters or posts that have been removed from this forum have been justified.

One last point I would like to make is that in many years of Dee forum watching, I believe that Dundee Mad has made a superb contribution to our club with fundraising ventures.

This is something that I would very much like to see replicated on TDB in the future..

Agree with both of the above.I was a regular poster,with thousands of posts,on another forum.I still post on it occasionally & look in now and again but really it's not what it was.The infighting & bickering,Utd fans at the wind-up and downright thicko's meant the place became a circus at times and put many a good poster off.The work that Shaded & Co have done over the years should be highly commended though & I loved the wee fundraisers that popped up every now and then.This site could do worse than use some of their tried & tested fundraising methods & rally calling abilities.Back to this site and it's many improvements on the other site(s).I particularly like the function that allows you to block another poster.I have recognised things getting out of hand & used this function to basically allow myself a wee breather & stop things in their tracks before they got outa hand,before bringing the poster back on board after a couple of days.Even impressed myself with my new level headed approach.

Before anybody asks Gedee has'nae been writing my scripts.Phew,sare fingers!!!! :)

Agree with both of the above.I was a regular poster,with thousands of posts,on another forum.I still post on it occasionally & look in now and again but really it's not what it was.The infighting & bickering,Utd fans at the wind-up and downright thicko's meant the place became a circus at times and put many a good poster off.The work that Shaded & Co have done over the years should be highly commended though & I loved the wee fundraisers that popped up every now and then.This site could do worse than use some their tried & tested fundraising methods & rally calling abilities.Back to this site and it's many improvements on the other site(s).I particularly like the function that allows you to block another poster.I have recognised things getting out of hand & used this function to basically allow myself a wee breather & stop things in their tracks before they got outa hand,before bring the poster back on board after a couple od days.Even impressed myself with my new level headed approach.Before anybody asks Gedee has'nae been writing my scripts.Phew,sare fingers!!!! :)

Rev.. Are you receiving me?

Gedee, my view matches yours.

I mainly watched other Dee forums from afar as to me there was always a tendency for many threads to descend into a bun fight between posters.

If it wasn't all out personal abuse, it would be an ego competiton between individuals or (worst of all IMO) a "look at what this belter has posted next door" session

Dont get me wrong, I like a "spirited" debate but always walk away or bow out on a joke if I feel it's going too far..

I don't think there's been any occasions that I can remember where I feel that I have been prohibited from speaking my mind and in all honesty, the posters or posts that have been removed from this forum have been justified.

One last point I would like to make is that in many years of Dee forum watching, I believe that Dundee Mad has made a superb contribution to our club with fundraising ventures.

This is something that I would very much like to see replicated on TDB in the future..

Hello Boba ...... Initially, I was unsure, whether to post my topic ( I was concerned others might see it as a kind of exercise in "grovelling" or "sooky up" to those involved in The Dark Blues) ..... and it was never, ever, in anyway .....  meant to be that.

Your own response, has put me at ease.

But as well as pinpointing exactly what I was attempting to say, you have also raised other issues, which I may have overlooked.   

Your point about  "ego competitions" is one.  I could never understand why genuine DFC posters could allow conflicting opinions to desend to that level ....... unless of course some were not DFC supporters in the first place of course.

I have never ever been offended by extreme, opinions of DFC supporters, that were in the total opposite camp from mine (or the same situation between other posters) ........ In fact, I believed the extremity of DFC opinions could well be the lifeline of any good DFC forum.

It's being over opinionated and dogmatic, coupled with a personal ego ...... and adding with it, an unwillingness to accept, everyone is entitled to have a point of view, that does not necessarily agree with your own, or others, that cause many problems between posters on forums ....... (imo)

That said,  of course there are a few posters, whose only aim .......  is to cause trouble !!

Your other pont Boba, re "Dundee Mad" and their contribution, both financial, and many other ways, is valid and well taken.

The Dark Blues I know would be the first to acknowledge this, and in the future emulate this.

I would think DB's policy, is to make use of the good and leave out the bad !!

Adblock Detected