Jump to content
The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
kumnio

The Batshit Crazy Dundee Manager Thread

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

I honestly think McCann will take the job if the terms are right not on his behalf

but who can i get rid off and how much do i have to spend. You can buy 2 players 

and work with whats there wont work. He will run like f uck so would i. 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boba Fett said:

No.. just someone's interpretation of his speech at the POTY doo.

All a bit premature tbh.

That's the problem Boba. Since history has begun, it has always been about someone's interpretation of events.

As for being premature, only when I was about 16/17 years old but experience has helped over the years :)

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoke to him at POTY last night and not sure what to make of how he spoke. I said to him I doubted that we could match what Sky are paying him and he said I wouldn't be so sure about that, could mean talks have already taken place re salary etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If its not McCann then there are 2 types of manager we should go for.

The type who knows what the scottish game is all about - my pick would be BILLY REID

Or an inexperienced name in the game someone who can lift the club by being a big precence - my pick would be FABRIZIO RAVANELLI

 

Either way what ever manager it is, is a risk as there is no sure thing in football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Nelms & McCann had their cards closely held against their chest. We should know more, by the end of today or tomorrow.  Things will happen fast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 hours ago, kumnio said:

From what he said tonight, he is away, it's not him. 

What exactly did he say that made it clear he was away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Nelms & McCann had their cards closely held against their chest. We should know more, by the end of today or tomorrow.  Things will happen fast. 

Yea just hope we get an answer as soon as (im not saying McCann is holding anything up)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, CC33 said:

my pick would be BILLY REID

IMG_0969.JPG.e22efa79797152e203360f35db7e338f.JPG

Get that idea right to f*ck!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Foosty Badger said:

Better with this Reid.

ps I know he's sadly no longer with us.

jr clydeside.jpg

 

Edited by The Foosty Badger
edited for respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

IMG_0969.JPG.e22efa79797152e203360f35db7e338f.JPG

Get that idea right to f*ck!

Read more  

Reid done a very good job at Hamilton imo - do find it strange that he`s not been in a job since , but he made Hamilton are to beat with some agression in the side and he developed the young players and made them better - something PH never did.

Ravanelli i suggested as in a box office name , i rekon dees would get behind that appointment as would bring a huge presence to the club and excitment obv on the basis that we dont risk another admin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, CC33 said:

If its not McCann then there are 2 types of manager we should go for.

The type who knows what the scottish game is all about - my pick would be BILLY REID

Or an inexperienced name in the game someone who can lift the club by being a big precence - my pick would be FABRIZIO RAVANELLI

 

Either way what ever manager it is, is a risk as there is no sure thing in football.

Both a big NO for me. Both would be massive gambles and I don't think our BOD will go down that road too much. Billy Reid would divide opinion amongst the fans and his team would be brutal to watch. Ravanelli would be a massive left field appointment who would require big funds to be even relatively successful imo.

We need someone who will unite and galvanise the whole club and build a half decent team within budget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CC33 said:

Reid done a very good job at Hamilton imo - do find it strange that he`s not been in a job since , but he made Hamilton are to beat with some agression in the side and he developed the young players and made them better - something PH never did.

Ravanelli i suggested as in a box office name , i rekon dees would get behind that appointment as would bring a huge presence to the club and excitment obv on the basis that we dont risk another admin.

Read more  

A Ravanelli type appointment would put us at risk financially imo. He'd either take us straight down or require stupid funds to build a side. Would be extremely worried if we were even considering going down this road.:sadno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

We need someone who will unite and galvanise the whole club and build a half decent team within budget

Rev ... To your comment above, could we also add. someone who will galvanise the .... whole DFC support?

Or is that me, just being ridiculous again :lol2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Nelms and McCann meeting today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.