The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
kumnio

The Batshit Crazy Dundee Manager Thread

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, kumnio said:

From what he said tonight, he is away, it's not him. 

What exactly did he say that made it clear he was away?

10 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Nelms & McCann had their cards closely held against their chest. We should know more, by the end of today or tomorrow.  Things will happen fast. 

Yea just hope we get an answer as soon as (im not saying McCann is holding anything up)

26 minutes ago, CC33 said:

my pick would be BILLY REID

IMG_0969.JPG.e22efa79797152e203360f35db7e338f.JPG

Get that idea right to f*ck!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, The Foosty Badger said:

Better with this Reid.

ps I know he's sadly no longer with us.

jr clydeside.jpg

Edited by The Foosty Badger
edited for respect.

8 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

IMG_0969.JPG.e22efa79797152e203360f35db7e338f.JPG

Get that idea right to f*ck!

Read more  

Reid done a very good job at Hamilton imo - do find it strange that he`s not been in a job since , but he made Hamilton are to beat with some agression in the side and he developed the young players and made them better - something PH never did.

Ravanelli i suggested as in a box office name , i rekon dees would get behind that appointment as would bring a huge presence to the club and excitment obv on the basis that we dont risk another admin.

40 minutes ago, CC33 said:

If its not McCann then there are 2 types of manager we should go for.

The type who knows what the scottish game is all about - my pick would be BILLY REID

Or an inexperienced name in the game someone who can lift the club by being a big precence - my pick would be FABRIZIO RAVANELLI

Either way what ever manager it is, is a risk as there is no sure thing in football.

Both a big NO for me. Both would be massive gambles and I don't think our BOD will go down that road too much. Billy Reid would divide opinion amongst the fans and his team would be brutal to watch. Ravanelli would be a massive left field appointment who would require big funds to be even relatively successful imo.

We need someone who will unite and galvanise the whole club and build a half decent team within budget.

5 minutes ago, CC33 said:

Reid done a very good job at Hamilton imo - do find it strange that he`s not been in a job since , but he made Hamilton are to beat with some agression in the side and he developed the young players and made them better - something PH never did.

Ravanelli i suggested as in a box office name , i rekon dees would get behind that appointment as would bring a huge presence to the club and excitment obv on the basis that we dont risk another admin.

Read more  

A Ravanelli type appointment would put us at risk financially imo. He'd either take us straight down or require stupid funds to build a side. Would be extremely worried if we were even considering going down this road.:sadno:

10 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

We need someone who will unite and galvanise the whole club and build a half decent team within budget

Rev ... To your comment above, could we also add. someone who will galvanise the .... whole DFC support?

Or is that me, just being ridiculous again :lol2:

1 minute ago, Gedee said:

Rev ... To your comment above, could we also add. someone who will galvanise the .... whole DFC support?

Or is that me, just being ridiculous again :lol2:

When I said the whole club I meant everyone, fans, players, staff, directors, everyone.

1 minute ago, GregTeamDee said:

Nelms and McCann meeting today. 

Is that 100% mate?. McCann has been quoted as saying he'll talk to both his employers over the coming WEEKS before making a decision. That suggests that we wont hear of his final decision anytime soon.

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

When I said the whole club I meant everyone, fans, players, staff, directors, everyone.

Aye Rev, eh kent fine weel ye did ..... It was mair a tongue in cheek comment.

Aboot how us, as DFC fans on TDBF, how us (based on past record) interpret,

and express the merit/ faults of current managers. A topic aye good for a fight.:angry:

7 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Is that 100% mate?. McCann has been quoted as saying he'll talk to both his employers over the coming WEEKS before making a decision. That suggests that we wont hear of his final decision anytime soon.

110%. 

The BOD want things in place asap, so we can start the rebuilding job. We don't have time to waste. Clock is ticking.... 

3 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I'd be very surprised if McCann was being sincere in the specific timeline he has projected. We've not got a long time to get organised with teams making moves and the window of opportunity for changing the squad gets smaller each day. We've got maybe a week and then I think we're into very late territory (contracts expire at the start of next week I believe).

I think Nelms will have made his decision already and if he's going for McCann and that's mutual, I imagine we've got Sky notified and they'll already be in the process of sorting stuff out. I don't see why there would be any issue apart from bits of paperwork.

Just now, GregTeamDee said:

110%. 

The BOD want things in place asap, so we can start the rebuilding job. We don't have time to waste. Clock is ticking.... 

I get that the clock is ticking for us but is it ticking for abody else?.

33 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

A Ravanelli type appointment would put us at risk financially imo. He'd either take us straight down or require stupid funds to build a side. Would be extremely worried if we were even considering going down this road.:sadno:

I can understand your fears tho id be confident that the current owners would not allow this to happen.

Also i think its worth noting that its my belief that PH overspent in his time at Dundee - in the sense of numourous pay offs and signing players for the sake of it.... Hately /Arturo / Low / Mcpake 3 year deal etc

I do think a name like a Ravanelli would bring an air of excitment to the club , and i think a Billy Reid would be a sure bet that he`d make us more aggresive while looking to develop Wighton , Kerr and Higgings

Suppose every Dee will have a different opinion to what type of manager we need.

It still may be the case that McCann will take the job on - if so then no problems from me however McCann would just as big a risk as a Ravanelli but an even more risk than Reid.

3 minutes ago, CC33 said:

I can understand your fears tho id be confident that the current owners would not allow this to happen.

Also i think its worth noting that its my belief that PH overspent in his time at Dundee - in the sense of numourous pay offs and signing players for the sake of it.... Hately /Arturo / Low / Mcpake 3 year deal etc

I do think a name like a Ravanelli would bring an air of excitment to the club , and i think a Billy Reid would be a sure bet that he`d make us more aggresive while looking to develop Wighton , Kerr and Higgings

Suppose every Dee will have a different opinion to what type of manager we need.

It still may be the case that McCann will take the job on - if so then no problems from me however McCann would just as big a risk as a Ravanelli but an even more risk than Reid.

We saw with Bonetti what left field, Italian appointments could do, both good and bad. They can bring charisma and passion but are often far too erratic. Look at Di Canio, great for headlines but not so great for everything else. Ravanelli could potentially finish us as a mid table SPFL club and set us back years. Definitely a heart ruling the head suggestion.

Time isn't the critical factor for me here. Anyone coming in will take time to assess the squad (presuming they are off on holiday now for a month or so). If it's not McCann then it simply has to be someone who knows the Scottish game. We can't be having a gaffer who's first knowledge of the squad is day one of preseason as this doesn't allow enough time for squad rebuilding. 

• Like 2

From what I understand, Billy Reid is sticking in Sweden as an assistant to the club he's been at for the past four years. He said he's enjoying life there and unlikely to be coming back.

For what it's worth, I do see a good left field argument in him if he were to be a surprise appointee. He got Hamilton punching far above their weight and his work there paved the away for their bounce back into the top flight. I feel he's a victim of his own success as people perceived his teams to be quite negative but he ended up with the smallest budget by far in the top flight and was fighting well with the tools he had at his disposal. What he achieved there with his club building and the stability he provided is pretty much exactly what the owners have been aspiring to for years. There is maybe a reason for his lack of top job in recent years though.