The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
kumnio

The Batshit Crazy Dundee Manager Thread

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

We saw with Bonetti what left field, Italian appointments could do, both good and bad. They can bring charisma and passion but are often far too erratic. Look at Di Canio, great for headlines but not so great for everything else. Ravanelli could potentially finish us as a mid table SPFL club and set us back years. Definitely a heart ruling the head suggestion.

I think its just as dangerous appointing say a Yogi for example as a Ravanelli.
Dundee is a big club and its a different ball game managing Caley than it is Dundee - i have the same opinion that its easier to play football for Caley / County etc than it is Dundee as there are far more demands from dees than there is for Caley. less pressure etc

Edited by CC33

Just now, CC33 said:

I think its just as dangerous appointing say a Yogi for example as a Ravanelli.
Dundee is a big club and its a different ball game managing Caley than it is Dundee - i have the same opinion that its easier to play football for Caley / County etc than it is Dundee as there are far more demands from from dees than there is for Caley.

We don't need another rollercoaster ride, that's what appointing a Ravanelli would be. A very short term appointment with no real thought of the bigger picture. We'd probably be big news and maybe put a few more bums on seats but at what cost?. If that appointment ever happens I honestly fear for us I really do.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ivan Drago said:

Time isn't the critical factor for me here. Anyone coming in will take time to assess the squad (presuming they are off on holiday now for a month or so). If it's not McCann then it simply has to be someone who knows the Scottish game. We can't be having a gaffer who's first knowledge of the squad is day one of preseason as this doesn't allow enough time for squad rebuilding. 

Bingo.. that's one of the big benefits of appointing Neil McCann. He'll know what needs done to the squad right now (hopefully he agrees with most of us) 

Still hoping for Jack Ross though :) 

1 minute ago, Boba Fett said:

Bingo.. that's one of the big benefits of appointing Neil McCann. He'll know what needs done to the squad right now (hopefully he agrees with most of us) 

Still hoping for Jack Ross though :) 

If its not McCann I've a feeling it could be Ross. To be honest there doesn't seem to be a large pool of options out there.

Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

If its not McCann I've a feeling it could be Ross. To be honest there doesn't seem to be a large pool of options out there.

Would be happy with either Rev..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Would be happy with either Rev..

Both would have DFC at heart. Not too sure if that's a good thing or not though.

If we appoint Ross then that's compo for st Mirren plus a pay off for Hartley. Can we afford that?

Wonder what Bombers doing.....:wub:

Another massive positive for Dundee if McCann gets the job is that he will have made certain he has the tools to do it,so to speak. I think the way he is speaking he is clearly positioning himself to walk away if the board dont accept his demands and i don't just mean salary.

3 minutes ago, Ivan Drago said:

If we appoint Ross then that's compo for st Mirren plus a pay off for Hartley. Can we afford that?

Wonder what Bombers doing.....:wub:

1. Can we afford not to?

2. Back to the lounges at Castle Grey Skull. Where he belongs.

14 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Both would have DFC at heart. Not too sure if that's a good thing or not though.

It definitely is..

Rumour I heard is fps are increasing the budget which will include unwanted players receiving offers to leave. If true I think terry will stay.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

It definitely is..

Maybe clouds judgement at times though?.

7 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Rumour I heard is fps are increasing the budget which will include unwanted players receiving offers to leave. If true I think terry will stay.

I heard the same. Keyes putting more money in. They realise its a major re-building job. Just hope the fans buy season tickets too!

7 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

That is great news. We've been muddling along too long trying to give unwanted players a game.

Williams and Low top of the list, then...Ross, Vincent, Jordi, prob about covers it for me.

Loy, Gadz, Julen, Hateley should stay, rest definitely should.

Low point of the season for me was bringing on Williams and Duffy at 0-2 v St Mirren. We'd have been better with 9 men.

1 minute ago, GregTeamDee said:

I heard the same. Keyes putting more money in. They realise its a major re-building job. Just hope the fans buy season tickets too!

.....and realise that getting right behind the team on the park has major benefits. Motherwell was different class and I believe Killie was too. We need to get back to supporting the team and making noise. I get it's a two way thing but sometimes we've just gotta bite the bullet and rouse the team if they are having a bad day. Dens has been too quite for too long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

• Like 4

If it's not McCann I guess he will have the ear of Nelms and will have a massive influence on who we do appoint.

Could even see a consultants position for McCann as he knows the league and players inside out.

I hope that's true. Yes it's disappointing that they are going to need to put up money to pay players off, but as well as the five who are out of contract we need to get rid of another two (at least) then we need to replace them and I'd think the calibration of player we require will command decent wages. But if we are to compete with hibs, hearts and to a lesser extent st j and county for a top six place and better stability then we will need to spend and spend it wisely.

Will be happy with McCann, yes it's a gamble, but I think it's better than ending up with a yogi, Stubbs, butcher type appointment. Neil will have fresh ideas and being a winger I think he will want to play with width and pace but he was and is a fighter so will recognise our need to be more street wise and tougher and so will look at strengthening both these departments (it's actually not strengthening as we have no width, little pace and very few ball winners).

4 minutes ago, blueboy said:

That is great news. We've been muddling along too long trying to give unwanted players a game.

Williams and Low top of the list, then...Ross, Vincent, Jordi, prob about covers it for me.

Low point of the season for me was bringing on Williams and Duffy at 0-2 v St Mirren. We'd have been better with 9 men.

Julen is injured so will probably stay. I hope gadz hateley and loy leave.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, blueboy said:

Will disagree, yes Williams, low, Ross, Vincent and Jordi should go (although I'd put up a wee case for Ross), but I'd also get rid of Loy, Gadz, Jules and maybe Hateley as I think there will be better out there to be had. It's a gamble when you clear out 9 players and need to bring in 6/7/8 new players but if there is money to do this then we need to do it and we need to be starting the clear out as soon as so we get the new players in for preseason and don't find ourselves scrambling around still trying to sign players in august.

• Like 2