Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Simon Murray

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I don't rate him that much. Fair play, he works incredibly hard and feeds off of the scraps he creates.

We need proven quality and he is not the answer. Think it's a Martin Boyle situation, they will graft and graft but they lack the cutting edge for the Premiership.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cobra said:

He snubbed the Dee to sign for United. I think that makes him an ex-Dundee fan.

This logic just doesn't stack for me. I've no idea if we went in for him but even if we did, looking at it from a career point of view, United were a better option than us. They had a proven track record of bringing on youths, WERE an established SPL team with a good record in Cups and had their own training facilities etc. 

Just because a guy is a professional footballer it doesn't mean that he has to let his heart rule his head. Making a bad decision could have cost him a career or at least affected his earning potential, possibly over the course of his career. If he'd done a full 'Stevie Campbell' I might see it a bit differently but I've no issue with the guy myself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

This logic just doesn't stack for me. I've no idea if we went in for him but even if we did, looking at it from a career point of view, United were a better option than us. They had a proven track record of bringing on youths, WERE an established SPL team with a good record in Cups and had their own training facilities etc. 

Just because a guy is a professional footballer it doesn't mean that he has to let his heart rule his head. Making a bad decision could have cost him a career or at least affected his earning potential, possibly over the course of his career. If he'd done a full 'Stevie Campbell' I might see it a bit differently but I've no issue with the guy myself.

I don't have an issue with him myself either. I just think it sounds a bit odd to say he's currently a Dundee fan when he apparently snubbed us to sign for our rivals.

He's gone to Tannadice for whatever reason and that's his decision. He's a boyhood Dundee fan but I doubt he goes to Dens on his days off to watch the dark blues.

4 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

All very good points, plus Hartley kept all the young players on the bench and hindered any progress they had I mean look at Wighton he hasn't benefitted from the way Hartley dealt with him. 

Adblock Detected