Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

DFCSS Agm Continuation

BCram

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
6 hours ago, Derry Drummer said:

I honestly think we should pass dfcss sares to the DCA. Its more active and its better run. 

If you're a member pop along on thursday and toss it in there. Even if you're not a member I'm sure you'll be welcome but unable to vote. I'd ask first, I don't speak for the Society. :)

3 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

If DFC needs £5k to resolve a cash flow problem then they cannot be as well run financially as we may think. should we be worried?

This was several years ago, if you read that bit of PB's post again.

7 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Depends on what you call 'better run' run doesn't it?

If passing all profits to the club without question, keeping no reserve for use in the event of an emergency, is 'better run' then I'd agree.

If keeping some cash in reserve and adopting a quiet, watching posture in preparedness for intervention should things start to go a bit awry is 'better run' then I'd have to disagree with you.

The society has been active enough over the past few years passing significant sums to the club for various reasons with the main difference between it and DSA being that it doesn't shout about it. I understand that on one occasion toward the end of last season the society handed over a cheque for a good amount of money to the club and was refused permission to present it on the pitch, I also understand that no valid reason for refusing this was given. If I was asked for an opinion I'd say that it was likely because the club don't want people to know they are supporting the club and the reason for that is that they want the two seats on the board removed; you know, the seats that we Dundee fans fought for years to get. OK, maybe they are powerless seats but at least they're a presence.

I was involved with the society board for a short time a few tears ago and was at a meeting during which £5,000 was given to the club, this was requested to help out with a cash flow problem. Not openly publicised by the society and removed from the public minutes to prevent it becoming public knowledge - one of the reasons I was only involved for a short time because I thought it should have been made public. Worth noting that the club's way of thanking the society appears to have been to withdraw rights to DFCTV which they chose to manage themselves - we all know how that's gone since the club took it over.

Pretty sure they run buses to a recent away game for members too.

I wouldn't say that the DSA has handed over profits without question. They have over the last couple of years purchased stuff for the club such as the GPS Heart monitor vests and training equipment. They have never actually handed any cash over as such and have never in the last few years handed a cheque over on the pitch to the best of my knowledge. 

It is poor that the club didn't allow DFCSS to hand over their cheque but they didn't help themselves when they said they wanted to present a cheque on the pitch to make themselves look good to their members before the AGM - this was discussed at the DSA meeting in April. 

I would imagine any monies handed over by DFCSS to the club would be logged in their accounts. There was a debate on here about whether DFCSS contributed money when the pitch was being fixed mid season and I'd imagine we will now see if that is in the accounts. I would agree if they contributing to this like this, it should be in the match programme of the DFCSS website at the very least. 

DFCSS did run a subsidised bus to Motherwell in April and was by all accounts a success. Would be nice to see them doing this again in the future. 

The DFCTV transfer always stuck in my throat a bit as it deprived DFCSS of their primary fundraising. What they need to do now is come up with other ways to do this moving forward.

There does seem to have been a breakdown in working relationship with the club but hopefully this can be resolved with a new active fans rep

5 hours ago, SailorHunter said:

I wouldn't say that the DSA has handed over profits without question. They have over the last couple of years purchased stuff for the club such as the GPS Heart monitor vests and training equipment. They have never actually handed any cash over as such and have never in the last few years handed a cheque over on the pitch to the best of my knowledge. 

It is poor that the club didn't allow DFCSS to hand over their cheque but they didn't help themselves when they said they wanted to present a cheque on the pitch to make themselves look good to their members before the AGM - this was discussed at the DSA meeting in April. 

I would imagine any monies handed over by DFCSS to the club would be logged in their accounts. There was a debate on here about whether DFCSS contributed money when the pitch was being fixed mid season and I'd imagine we will now see if that is in the accounts. I would agree if they contributing to this like this, it should be in the match programme of the DFCSS website at the very least. 

DFCSS did run a subsidised bus to Motherwell in April and was by all accounts a success. Would be nice to see them doing this again in the future. 

The DFCTV transfer always stuck in my throat a bit as it deprived DFCSS of their primary fundraising. What they need to do now is come up with other ways to do this moving forward.

There does seem to have been a breakdown in working relationship with the club but hopefully this can be resolved with a new active fans rep

Yeah it was a good while ago that I was involved so the £5,000 thing is long gone.

I don't have a lot of detail after my involvement but I do know that your comment about them wanting to 'present a cheque on the pitch to make themselves look good to their members before the AGM' is not true no matter where it was discussed.  

7 minutes ago, dblair said:

Thanks mucker ?? Was baza on top form? 

Yeah, I'll not post on an open forum but he seemed as honest and open as you could hope and was happy to talk about others who have been at the club. Not disrespectfully I should add, just how he saw things.

I only really went to add to the numbers but glad I did.

• 8 months later...

Dundee FC 2006 (Under-12’s) Training Camp in Valencia – Request to Society Members for Support

Posted on: 18 February 2018 IB

The Society Board is delighted to publicise and support this one off trip which has been planned and funded through the efforts of the parents and kids and is to be hosted by the Valencia CF Academy and Youth Coaches.
The camp takes place between the 6th and 9th April 2018 and is ...

sorry don't know how to set up a new thread. This looks like something that DFCSS are doing and it might be something that the whole of TDB members might like to help.

Adblock Detected