Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Injury Prone Players- Is It Worth The Risk

Wattie Rojas

It obviously worked last season with peaso but how many times have we been stung?

Off the top of my head: carranza, young, wilkie, Cameron, beattie, Thomson, ferry, even peaso this season.

Overall it really isn't worth the risk imo.

All players risk injury however there are some who spend more time in the stand than on the pitch.

I'd much rather we signed younger, fitter players. Thomson looks totally knackered after an hour.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I think the answer is sometimes. Peaso was a great signing and there were major doubts about his fitness. Maybe it's best to take a risk on one or two a year.

Worth remembering we have zero transfer budget, limited wage budget, we're not established in the top flight and are not based on the West coast so attracting quality players in their prime with no fitness issues or baggage is probably quite a challenge.

• Like 1

I think the answer is sometimes. Peaso was a great signing and there were major doubts about his fitness. Maybe it's best to take a risk on one or two a year.

Worth remembering we have zero transfer budget, limited wage budget, we're not established in the top flight and are not based on the West coast so attracting quality players in their prime with no fitness issues or baggage is probably quite a challenge.

Would agree with this..

Also dependant on what circumstances the team are in at the time and the player "type" mixture in the squad.

If there is a necessity to add a particular quality that an injury prone type player has then they can be worth the risk.

In recent times we have seen far too many injury prone players at our club. This season being the worst I think I can ever remember for injuries, sickness and absence.

One of the things that can make a mangers decision even tougher with this type of scenario is that the players that fall into this category are usually capable of great things "if fit". That's probably the main reason we took a risk on the likes of Thomson.

One thing is for sure - the last thing we need right now is to be signing any more ageing "flawed geniuses"

We need young, mobile players with bags of potential and a whiter than white injury / fitness record.

beattie, Thomson, ferry, even peaso this season.

To be honest, if these players weren't injury prone we would have nae chance of signing them when we did as they would be playing at alot higher level.

Note Beattie is not actually had that many injuries in his career he just wasn't getting played and then got fat and lost his head a wee bit.

The simple answer is no.  These injuries and the inability to keep the same team/formation for more than two games are one of the main reasons for our current run of bad form and mediocre performances imo. 

Players like Thomson, Ferry and McPake have to be weighed up before signing and the question asked by cleverer minds than ours 'will I get  enough competitive games out of them?'

Would agree with this..

Also dependant on what circumstances the team are in at the time and the player "type" mixture in the squad.

If there is a necessity to add a particular quality that an injury prone type player has then they can be worth the risk.

In recent times we have seen far too many injury prone players at our club. This season being the worst I think I can ever remember for injuries, sickness and absence.

One of the things that can make a mangers decision even tougher with this type of scenario is that the players that fall into this category are usually capable of great things "if fit". That's probably the main reason we took a risk on the likes of Thomson.

One thing is for sure - the last thing we need right now is to be signing any more ageing "flawed geniuses"

We need young, mobile players with bags of potential and a whiter than white injury / fitness record.

My immediate answer to the topic heading would be as "Hen Broon" put it ........  a smple "NO"

And if I may I would take the bit from your own post Boba ....."One thing is for sure - the last thing we need right now is to be signing any more ageing "flawed geniuses. We need young, mobile players with bags of potential and a whiter than white injury / fitness record."

I look forward to the time when we ourselves, as a Club, can produce fit, young, potential talent.

Meanwhile hope PH and his network (scouts) can pick up "undiscovered" young lads outwith DFC.

Adblock Detected