The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Fantasy Football

Rate this topic

Fantasy football  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in doing fantasy football this season?

2. 2. If yes, which would be preferable?

• The official English Premier League game
    • Our own Scottish Premiership game
  3. 3. If interested in playing, would you prefer a paid for game with a prize at the end?

• Yes, £1 entry per person
    • Yes, £5 entry per person
    • No, just make it free to play

Posting this in the DFC section as I think some folk only look at threads in here.

It's only worth us doing a Scottish one if there is enough interest so have done a poll to see who fancies getting involved.

Cobra I voted NO...Mainly because I've never been involved in this

The word "fantasy" pits me off ... I am too much a serious realist :wacko:

Many do however, & it sounds a good idea, Best of luck with it friend.

Would prefer a Scottish Premiership one and would get involved. £5 a head is cheap enough to get plenty involved and expensive enough to make it spicy

I would prefer a Scottish one. I'd pay to play, would this stop more involved though and also, who decides the cost of players in Scotland?

£5 seems fair enough and would give a nice wee winners incentive. I'm easy on Scottish or English, but probably prefer Scottish

This would be great but how would a Scottish one work?

18 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I would prefer a Scottish one. I'd pay to play, would this stop more involved though and also, who decides the cost of players in Scotland?

I was thinking about limiting the choice to a max two or three players per team and not worrying about values as the disparity between Celtic players and the rest is too great.

How about one from the top 3, two from the other 9?

1 hour ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Sounds fair to me ??

2 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

That could work but some folk might have limited knowledge of the small clubs and prefer the option of two from the top three.

Yeah, agreed. 

Where is the scoring taken from? 

Was thinking 10 points for a goal, 5 points for an assist and 5 points for a clean sheet (defenders and GK). The official SPFL site would be best I suppose but I'm not sure if they post assists.

Would rather avoid bookings altogether but maybe have a -5 for red cards.

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

Was thinking 10 points for a goal, 5 points for an assist and 5 points for a clean sheet (defenders and GK). The official SPFL site would be best I suppose but I'm not sure if they post assists.

Sounds good, would need to sort player prices and stuff soon if its gonna happen.

7 minutes ago, DFC123 said:

Sounds good, would need to sort player prices and stuff soon if its gonna happen.

Do you think we need prices? I was just thinking max two players from each team so we don't need to worry about values.

Also thought it might be an idea to have one transfer option to be used by August 31st and two transfers to be used by end of January but it would be simpler without that.

33 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Do you think we need prices? I was just thinking max two players from each team so we don't need to worry about values.

Also thought it might be an idea to have one transfer option to be used by August 31st and two transfers to be used by end of January but it would be simpler without that.

Yeah suppose, Would just stop everyone having the best 2 players from each team and so everyone wouldn't have the same squads

Edited by DFC123

I think one from celtic then two from the rest if going without player value. Means picking the right player from Celtic important then the rest it's up to yourself who you chose. Otherwise most will pick a striker and a defender from Celtic and be garunteed points most weeks for either a goal or cleansheet. Having just one pick from Celtic means having to pick your player carefully. Which could be the difference between teams points total.

10 minutes ago, LifelongDEE said:

I think one from celtic then two from the rest if going without player value. Means picking the right player from Celtic important then the rest it's up to yourself who you chose. Otherwise most will pick a striker and a defender from Celtic and be garunteed points most weeks for either a goal or cleansheet. Having just one pick from Celtic means having to pick your player carefully. Which could be the difference between teams points total.

Good idea. Will go with this unless anybody objects.

I'll be picking Craig Gordon as, quite simply he will concede the least. 

Of course, by saying this he'll now be sent off for his numerous karate kicks. 

Do folk mind if a cut of the money goes to the upkeep of the site (say 25%) and the rest goes to the winner?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Do folk mind if a cut of the money goes to the upkeep of the site (say 25%) and the rest goes to the winner?

No issue here Cobra

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

Fill yer boots ??

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

I would go 50/50 and depending on numbers we could have a first/second/third place. I doubt anyone will be dong it for the cash, it will be all about the glory. B)

giphy.gif

I'd go 1 from Celtic and a maximum of 2 from the rest. Maybe toss in a 'Captain' on double points to add in another variable. Yellow cards are quite common so if its -5 for a Yellow, maybe -15 or -20 for a Red ???? 

I get the feeling people like the idea of a tasty jackpot so I thought that one big prize might maximise entries.

Scoring a goal generally is what gains the most points in FF. Bookings will be a ballache to add up throughout the season and it's not really adding much fun to the game so I'd rather not include them. Don't mind if others really want them included though.

Just an idea, trying to throw a few variables into the mix. Whatever you fancy mate.