Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Motherwell's Goal

Being a bit picky but watching back the highlights again I thought our forwards/attacking players made it too easy for Well to play the ball out from the back.We've really gotta close down & defend better as a team to prevent this type of goal.Far too easy for them to get from their box to our box and their eventual goal.Being so early in the game I though we could've put in more effort up the park to stop them getting out so easily.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I did fear the worst when that went in due to our recent defensive failings. It was an awful goal to concede - again coming from a wide position and Davo not having a clue where Sutton was.

Davo knew exactly where Sutton was, he could see him running right in front of him. He's a bit slow but he's not blind.

I did fear the worst when that went in due to our recent defensive failings. It was an awful goal to concede - again coming from a wide position and Davo not having a clue where Sutton was.

Don't think the ball should've got anywhere near Davidson/Sutton though.We should've closed down quicker and more effectively further up the field.If Motherwell had carved us open with a great passage of play then fair enough but they didn't,they advanced into the final third without too much effort.Not a major criticism just an observation but you can see how better teams than Well have been getting so many chances against us.

Davo knew exactly where Sutton was, he could see him running right in front of him. He's a bit slow but he's not blind.

That's what I was thinking, it looked like he was aware but John Sutton's movement is terrific and he's actually relatively fast over a short space and Davo definitely isn't.

Would like Konrad back in but sure the break is doing him good right now. Let's be honest, we can do a lot worse than Davo. He's better than Grassi, McGregor and Toshney (controversial maybe but I thought he was better at right back; might have just been an idea I got in my head that was a bit exaggerated) who we relied on in the top flight last time around so I'm happy we can call on him.

Don't think the ball should've got anywhere near Davidson/Sutton though.We should've closed down quicker and more effectively further up the field.If Motherwell had carved us open with a great passage of play then fair enough but they didn't,they advanced into the final third without too much effort.Not a major criticism just an observation but you can see how better teams than Well have been getting so many chances against us.

Was thinking this was the bigger problem as well. We saw it in the St Mirren and Ross County game when we seem to switch off and become complacent due to periods of possession and then get carved apart with relative ease very quickly. Hopefully, Thomson consistently playing games will increase his sharpness and he'll put in the occasional tactical foul to break things up.

I remember that Man Utd brought Scholes out of retirement and when he looked pretty much past it, Ferguson would bring him on in games for the last 10-20 minutes when they were defending a lead and he would always put in a rash challenge and receive a booking. It just looked like he was too old and too slow but when you watched it back, he was the only player they had who could smell danger and that challenge may have been the difference in quite a few games. Would love a player like that to bring on sometimes. I suppose yesterday we were pretty comfortable so there was no need for risking bookings but we can't afford to do that against Aberdeen.

• Like 1

That's what I was thinking, it looked like he was aware but John Sutton's movement is terrific and he's actually relatively fast over a short space and Davo definitely isn't.

Would like Konrad back in but sure the break is doing him good right now. Let's be honest, we can do a lot worse than Davo. He's better than Grassi, McGregor and Toshney (controversial maybe but I thought he was better at right back; might have just been an idea I got in my head that was a bit exaggerated) who we relied on in the top flight last time around so I'm happy we can call on him.

Was thinking this was the bigger problem as well. We saw it in the St Mirren and Ross County game when we seem to switch off and become complacent due to periods of possession and then get carved apart with relative ease very quickly. Hopefully, Thomson consistently playing games will increase his sharpness and he'll put in the occasional tactical foul to break things up.

I remember that Man Utd brought Scholes out of retirement and when he looked pretty much past it, Ferguson would bring him on in games for the last 10-20 minutes when they were defending a lead and he would always put in a rash challenge and receive a booking. It just looked like he was too old and too slow but when you watched it back, he was the only player they had who could smell danger and that challenge may have been the difference in quite a few games. Would love a player like that to bring on sometimes. I suppose yesterday we were pretty comfortable so there was no need for risking bookings but we can't afford to do that against Aberdeen.

Thought Stewart and particularly Clarkson looked a bit casual,maybe a bit more pressure on their backline would've hurried a pass or forced a mistake.If you watch it back they passed it out of defence with ease.Suppose perfection is asking for too much after the run we've been on. :D

Was a great piece of play from there winger.

He wasn't part of their defence and the ease with which the moved the ball forward though,which is what the op is highlighting.Ball should'nae have got to their winger so easily,in my humble opinion,As I said earlier not a criticism just an observation on somewhere we could tighten up.

Adblock Detected