Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Striker Situation

Has anyone in the press or DFCtv (I don't have it) bothered to ask McCann what the situation is with Haber and why he hasn't signed another centre forward all summer when assembling his squad or are we just going to pretend that 50 minutes into the league season having no available centre forwards is a normal situation and having to play a slight built never a number 9 in this league in a million years is a serious option at this level?

I'm absolutely fuming at that being the situation we were in less than an hour into the league season and it's probably cost us a point as we threw the kitchen sink at them last 10 minutes but had nothing to aim at and no-one in the box when the ball fell in it.

Haber has to be involved or he has to sign another striker. Hartley would have been crucified for that situation yesterday.

We're basically relying on Moussa to play 90 minutes 45 times a season or we have no centre forward. It's completely unacceptable.

Edited by CW 90+3 02/05/16
  • Like 3

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Has anyone in the press or DFCtv (I don't have it) bothered to ask McCann what the situation is with Haber and why he hasn't signed another centre forward all summer when assembling his squad or are we just going to pretend that 50 minutes into the league season having no available centre forwards is a normal situation and having to play a slight built never a number 9 in this league in a million years is a serious option at this level?

I'm absolutely fuming at that being the situation we were in less than an hour into the league season and uts pribably cost us a point as we threw the kitchen sink at them last 10 minutes but had nothing to aim at and no-one in the box when the ball fell in it.

Haber has to be involved or he has to sign another striker. Hartley would have been crucified for that situation yesterday.

We're basically relying on Moussa to play 90 minutes 45 times a season or we have no centre forward. It's completely unacceptable.

The whole situation has to be rectified before Wed or we will get beat from them. If moussa is injured and won't be in the squad and Haber isn't in it either I won't be going. Might be a bit of an over reaction but we can't and won't win with elbak up top on his own. We are in the exact same situation as this time last season, we only had Rory loy and elbak because PH dithered on signing a CF incase hemmings stayed

The BOD and manager need to act asap to bring in a striker. El Bak will not get 10goals + a season, I rarely doubt he will cut it at this level. No need for us to bring in a defender with having, O'Dea, Julen, Kosta, Waddell, Hendry and O'Hara and Holt can drop into centre back too.

Striker is a must. Without it, we will be going down. 

Have been saying for weeks now that the striker situation needs sorted but nothing's been done. Moussa scoring against lower league and non league teams distracted a lot of people but it's very apparent now.

Same with CH situation - O'Dea suspended and Waddell subbied at half time yesterday means it's possible we will have one fit CH for Wednesday. We can only hope Waddell was taken off for tactical reasons then at least we'll have two available; even though their combined ages would be more than ten years ago for me.

Since the departure of Hemmings and Stewart , the Club have failed miserably  to bring in a player/players who can finish attacks with goals . If there is no Haber,  Moussa,  on Weds and El Bak ( who is not fit for purpose imho) gets a knock  then who do we have to strike ?  Tis like sending a bomber plane off on a misson without loading the bombs . In other words, nothing to hit the  target Now the cry comes out-, "there are not many players meeting that criteria whom we can afford."   Errrrr- where do other  clubs  of our size get them from  ? Stewart and Hemmings did not cost fortunes as was the case  with  Nacho Novo .  The Club have failed  dreadfully to address the biggest player lack they have .  Tis depressing  and so obvious  that we have a huge scoring problem, yet nothing has been done .  I will not be buying a ticket  to watch  the Club needlessly play in the championship next season  iof this will be the case- and it is already looking likely .

It seems like no one has any idea what the "situation" is with Haber. Because there seemed to be a general assumption that it was some kind of personality clash or fall-out, I did ask on here a few days ago. But it appears, no one is any more wiser than me on this issue. Just the general non-specific rumours. (I appreciate not EVERYTHING should be out in the general domain) But at a general level NM is usually quite forthcoming ... And as indicated above, at the present time, I would have thought Haber should be, at the very least, a consideration, to be back in the first team.

Slightly off- topic ... But after watching a replay of the game, I am not sure the addition of a Strike,r & what I still call a Centre Half, would be a guarantee to make much difference ...I thought the players appeared to be all over the place ... (And usually, no in the right places either)   Re-Wed. ... Maybe expect the worst & we'll get the best.

Moussa will score goals, he gets himself in the right areas, it just our wide mens final ball. Seemingly Haber and McCann have had a fallen out and that's it with him. Everybody is worried about the striker situation but we have problems down he spine of the team, one fit centre half, nobody to partner kamara because I don't think it's gonna be ohara and obviously the striker problem. I still think we should have signed woods from County and we should be trying to get storey from Aberdeen. We need to try and get hateley and Haber off the wage bill and get these problems solved

Would people still be against bringing in Ciftci? 

On yesterday's showing , we will be  in another relegation battle this season. 

We played that match like it was a pre season game with very little penetration and there was no urgency at all until the final 5 mins. 

Not impressed at all with the new signings after that showing. 

Kamara is far too casual and negative in his play. Slows us down.

Allan trying too hard at times and doesn't want to play the simple pass.

Moussa I thought never won much in the air and Haber would have held the ball better.

Wolters not involved enough and offered little.

Deacon was decent going forward but his final balls are atrocious and  a total waste.

Hendry best of the bunch when he came on.

Adblock Detected