Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Striker Situation

Correct he didn't set the football world alight but he did a job for us when required.99.9% of young players will come in and do a job for the short term only to be binned and end up working in a factory...I can name 2 players who played 1st team games for us and united who are now working 12 hour shifts in a factory..rev Lovejoy will know who I'm on about.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 minute ago, charliedee said:

Correct he didn't set the football world alight but he did a job for us when required.99.9% of young players will come in and do a job for the short term only to be binned and end up working in a factory...I can name 2 players who played 1st team games for us and united who are now working 12 hour shifts in a factory..rev Lovejoy will know who I'm on about.

Not a massive sample then. 

If I'm reading you right you're happy to consign these kids to the football scrapheap for short term gain. :o There are a gaziilion kids who have failed to make it, its only a minority that do and tossing kids in in an emergency isn't exactly a guarantee, despite your 99.9% stat.

8 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

We need a striker, Demetriou is available and presumably within budget. We're moaning at every turn about the cost of attending Dens but want our owners to spend money on prolific strikers. If we wont spend our money then why would they realistically consider spending there's?. Beggars cant really be choosers.

Fair do's, hopefully he does the business. You don't sign for English premier league teams without having something about you, look at kamara

26 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Fair do's, hopefully he does the business. You don't sign for English premier league teams without having something about you, look at kamara

Or Michael Yeates, Joel Kitimarike and Seb Kniessel - three of the worst players to play for us at this level

2 hours ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

I just don't think we can really expect a top striker when we're spending someone else's money mate. If we were to shift a bundle of ST's and sell out our ticket allocation for the Tic game then maybe FPS would gamble a bit more on someone more widely recognised. Until we put our hard earned on the line it'll be a case of trawling through the freebies in search of rough diamonds.

Adblock Detected