The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Ricky Spanish

The New Stadium Thread

Rate this topic

Fantastic news. Exciting and positive. Brilliant. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Man's a total rocket

No wishing at all to put this off-topic...Because I think this is an important topic.

But Prince I am no at all in agreement with that comment. I dinnae ken the man.

I find his style entertaining, whether taken seriously, (unlikely) or as a bit of fun.

Surely there is room for folk like him on a forum even if it is only so others, who

maybe take themselves too seriously, start realising, that lightening up is OK :)

He also can make these intelligent people, feel even more intelligent & wise :wacko:

7 minutes ago, Gedee said:

No wishing at all to put this off-topic...Because I think this is an important topic.

But Prince I am no at all in agreement with that comment. I dinnae ken the man.

I find his style entertaining, whether taken seriously, (unlikely) or as a bit of fun.

Surely there is room for folk like him on a forum even if it is only so others, who

maybe take themselves too seriously, start realising, that lightening up is OK :)

He also can make these intelligent people, feel even more intelligent & wise :wacko:

Disagreement is healthy Gedee.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, binhoker said:

Well, the planning Dept . at the council will be taking everything on here  into consideration from the experts who know the access, stadium shape, long/lat  details, capacity , car parking  amd every other aspect already . Now that those in the know  on here have decided the details it only remains for a massive fight over the name of the  diamond shaped stadium with helicopter only access and an Axminster carpet playing surface - droves can threaten  to boycott Dundee F.C.   if the place is not called   after their suggestion . :D

A group chat is a nice thing buddy....no need.

1 minute ago, Prince Buster said:

Disagreement is healthy Gedee.

Absolutely Prince ... :wub:

Just recently, my doctor reminded me, to keep my own personal journey of life, even & smooth ... Guess that rules oot booking a trip on Monorail :(

Don't like the thought of us having a 15k stadium. 

It would look empty the majority of times. Something a bit more snug like between 10 and 12 would be fine unless they are looking at other options... such as having big events like concerts etc. 

This is a 15 thousand seater stadium in Holland. 

image.thumb.png.ce0807195080868aa2038fdb3c219d5c.png

1 hour ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

A group chat is a nice thing buddy....no need.

Can one not have a teeny weeny bit of fun laddo ?;):)

15,000 makes sense. If we draw Celtic or Rangers in a cup quarter-final we'll make a lot of money from a full house.

We could always close the back sections of ends for smaller games so the fans are down the front and the ground doesn't look half empty.

• Like 2

Just now, Cobra said:

15,000 makes sense. If we draw Celtic or Rangers in a cup quarter-final we'll make a lot of money from a full house.

We could always close the back sections of ends for smaller games so the fans are down the front and the ground doesn't look half empty.

And  when we are  physically the  only team left in Dundee after Yinited fold we will need  the capacity . And, furthermore, when Mr.Keyes  organises   NFL  matches out of America we will need the extra seats .  Hopefully great days ahead for the Dee and a future we could not have expected during the big bad  first Administration . The Asda store nearby coped with a new  access off the Kingsway - so can the Nou Camperdown . Good luck to new territory for the Dee .

This is still the benchmark for me. If we could even get close to replicating this I'd be delighted..

Fibresand-pitch-at-Rotherham-United.jpg

Just now, Boba Fett said:

This is still the benchmark for me. If we could even get close to replicating this I'd be delighted..

Fibresand-pitch-at-Rotherham-United.jpg

Apart from the obvious glitches of course.

• Like 1

The land being used for the training ground, is that not the land that was going to be used for original performance centre bid that Dundee lost a few years back. If so then it may be that as it was set aside anyway, the council have been a bit easier to deal with around this area.

Another image of land being used on BBC

_97440887_dundeefc.png.jpeg

Yeah it is , but going by the objections about building on caird park..the same thing might be likely to happen with any plans that would be built in camperdown?...though that area is mainly unused fields with public paths around  it

Still lots of ifs and buts here and we're a while off a costing plan (which would be nice), but still really positive news.

Can we have a massive fish tank? Tropical fish n' that. If the futba's keech, I can watch the Siamese fighting fish go at it. 

I could then write 'during the match, the games begin'.

28 minutes ago, CJ45 said:

Yeah it is , but going by the objections about building on caird park..the same thing might be likely to happen with any plans that would be built in camperdown?...though that area is mainly unused fields with public paths around  it

Perhaps the Americans  have weighed these things up. Hope there are not any major planning  problems .   I hope that the project is up and running asap  and we have a Dee legend cutting the first sod  of earth.

I'm looking forward to the Dryburgh underpass becoming our version of the Easter Rd bridge ?

2 hours ago, binhoker said:

Can one not have a teeny weeny bit of fun laddo ?;):)

Sorry but yes of course...I just thought your post semed to undermine the views of fans who may be pretty well qualified in life.

1 hour ago, binhoker said:

Perhaps the Americans  have weighed these things up. Hope there are not any major planning  problems .   I hope that the project is up and running asap  and we have a Dee legend cutting the first sod  of earth.

Its not in the park.