The Dark Blues
Ricky Spanish

The New Stadium Thread

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, barkblue said:

Not aimed at you Cobra, but just a general observation.

I get this move folk down the front to make it look full thing, but I couldn't really care what armchair fans think of the game. I chose a seat near the back of the Cox because it's where I feel I get the best view and I'd hate to be 'encouraged' to sit in the front few rows where I can barely see the goal at the other end of the pitch (or either goal if I'm at the side of the pitch), or the shape of the game, so that someone casting half an eye on the game at home can think, oh this 4,867 crowd really fills that ground...

Excatly. I believe in the customer choosing where to sit not the seller

Got told when people see the full plans, they will see clearly how Keyes and Partners make their money, along with Dundee FC. It is an exciting prospect for the club and Scottish Football and the City. The Council and Club have been working hard behind the scenes to make sure this goes ahead. Its more than just a football stadium too apparently. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Got told when people see the full plans, they will see clearly how Keyes and Partners make their money, along with Dundee FC. It is an exciting prospect for the club and Scottish Football and the City. The Council and Club have been working hard behind the scenes to make sure this goes ahead. Its more than just a football stadium too apparently. 

Whilst I'm not slavering over what they've done for our club (yet) I'd say it's definitely so far so good in every respect (ok...not every)... We MIGHT have landed on our feet here.

Then again...

Good thing is that they havent talked things up the way  previous owners have and then failed to deliver.

If we do get 15,000 stadium; it will be used for multiple purposes like described previously. 

This being said if we can't sell out against teams like your hamiltons, ross countys, killies etc then give it to young school kids who could be enticed to become a young Dee and then eventually will gain a bigger support as we are currently, and in future the big team of this city. 

Has this option been explored? If so, was it successful? 

Also reduced tickets for unemployed would help increase gate number/ stadium capacity and any other out of the box thinking to get attendances increases would be welcome; and hopefully being discussed. 

I do think a new stadium people will be more inclined to attend games/buy season tickets. 

3 hours ago, GregTeamDee said:

Who told you please ? If the owners have a decent business plan  the completed project will hopefully have  some income generation facilities .

To the folks saying they don't want to sit down the front because they won't see anything, think about Hamilton. It's on stilts to combat that issue. We have seen an incredibly vague arial snapshot of a plan that is in it's infancy. We need to worry about staying a premiership team first and foremost.

They made no bones about it last year when they said they wanted to host more than just football here. It will probably host as a music venue (all enclosed design), like rugby park it may also serve as a rugby arena. Unfortunately all these things also point towards an artificial surface. They are lower maintenance too and lest we forget they are moving for "financial reasons". 

Furthermore I would love to be misty eyed and think they are going to call it New Dens Park or something by paying homage to the clubs history but the Americans have a habit of naming things after themselves. 

Keyes Park? Texas something? 

I don't even want to leave Dens and I live next to the proposed site.

First post and it's a bit of a down beat one but hello to everyone.

• Like 1

Only way forward is to be multi-purpose, unfortunately. Dundee struggle to survive on football earnings as do almost every other team in Scotland. I love Dens Park but it is finished with the south side as it is,  and the old stand.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Crawford95 said:

We have seen an incredibly vague arial snapshot of a plan that is in it's infancy.

Planning is at a very advanced stage certainly not in its infancy.

Bar at home end for Dundee fans pre match, same thing at away end for visiting fans. Largest conference / meeting facility in Dundee.

15 minutes ago, Crawford95 said:

To the folks saying they don't want to sit down the front because they won't see anything, think about Hamilton. It's on stilts to combat that issue. We have seen an incredibly vague arial snapshot of a plan that is in it's infancy. We need to worry about staying a premiership team first and foremost.

They made no bones about it last year when they said they wanted to host more than just football here. It will probably host as a music venue (all enclosed design), like rugby park it may also serve as a rugby arena. Unfortunately all these things also point towards an artificial surface. They are lower maintenance too and lest we forget they are moving for "financial reasons". 

Furthermore I would love to be misty eyed and think they are going to call it New Dens Park or something by paying homage to the clubs history but the Americans have a habit of naming things after themselves. 

Keyes Park? Texas something? 

I don't even want to leave Dens and I live next to the proposed site.

First post and it's a bit of a down beat one but hello to everyone.

:bye:

6 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Planning is at a very advanced stage certainly not in its infancy.

Bar at home end for Dundee fans pre match, same thing at away end for visiting fans. Largest conference / meeting facility in Dundee.

That is the way forward whether we like it or not. Like the bar bit. 

5 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

That is the way forward whether we like it or not. Like the bar bit. 

Completely agree, I'm not likely to use the bar pre match but for some it will be bliss.

Funeral wakes are amongst St. Johnstone's biggest earners and purpose built areas to host these (several at a time) are included.

Also looking at bus routes going in there.

Edit - Plans include dedicated bus parking spaces in the car park. Bus visiting fans straight onto the site and provide a lounge to serve beer and food, captive audience = profit.

Edited by Prince Buster

10 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Completely agree, I'm not likely to use the bar pre match but for some it will be bliss.

Funeral wakes are amongst St. Johnstone's biggest earners and purpose built areas to host these (several at a time) are included.

Edit - Plans include dedicated bus parking spaces in the car park. Bus visiting fans straight onto the site and provide a lounge to serve beer and food, captive audience = profit.

Where do you see the detailed plans with bus parking etc? I couldn't even see a car park on the plan on the official site.

10 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

Where do you see the detailed plans with bus parking etc? I couldn't even see a car park on the plan on the official site.

They haven't been made public.

Sounds like it is being planned professionally. Funerals could be a big earner for the club, particularly given the proximity of the Crematorium.  Good to hear the council are being involved around transport. The conference bit is good as well, if it includes parking. There isn't much around Dundee, bar hotels.The ground has to earn its keep if the football side is going to prosper. 

Will be bad news for  pubs and shops close to dens though.

Camperdown Campus or Keyes Capital Arena, going to be a huge money spinner for the club & its partners. The future is bright, amazing how far we have come since the dark days. 

1 minute ago, GregTeamDee said:

Camperdown Campus or Keyes Capital Arena, going to be a huge money spinner for the club & its partners. The future is bright, amazing how far we have come since the dark days. 

Just have to keep the club in the top flight for the foreseeable.

No money in Scottish football on its own, that's for sure. The city needs a facility, ideally that could attract music events in the summer  as well.  Almost 400,000 people close to Dundee

Edited by Parcbara

35 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Weavers mill will make a killing. Pre match bar and grub? Yes please. Plus it's next to the ice arena which has/had (never seen it) a sports bar.

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

Close it when OFcome to town!

50 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

Sounds like it is being planned professionally. Funerals could be a big earner for the club, particularly given the proximity of the Crematorium.  Good to hear the council are being involved around transport. The conference bit is good as well, if it includes parking. There isn't much around Dundee, bar hotels.The ground has to earn its keep if the football side is going to prosper. 

That can happen when any new business opens...Asda down the road? tesco in South Rd....sh*t happens.

1 hour ago, Parcbara said:

If any pubs or shops close to Dens are dependent on Dundee FC home games for survival they're likely to be struggling in any case.

True. I agree, just saying it is unfortunate, but inevitable. There will still be the world famous to bring in trade. At least they will keep the newspapers busy.

You just need to look at the issues Aberdeen are having with council/residents etc regards building a new stadium. It's never easy.

Add in the Arab councillors/residents who will be hell bent on knocking this back, and would rather have the gypsys camping there causing havoc/thieving in surrounding areas.

And let's not forget the Ecoists nutters worried about wildlife and their feelings etc. These people seemed to get listened to when they should be told to GTF.

22 minutes ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

You just need to look at the issues Aberdeen are having with council/residents etc regards building a new stadium. It's never easy.

Add in the Arab councillors/residents who will be hell bent on knocking this back, and would rather have the gypsys camping there causing havoc/thieving in surrounding areas.

And let's not forget the Ecoists nutters worried about wildlife and their feelings etc. These people seemed to get listened to when they should be told to GTF.

Precisely. There are no issues with Aberdeen new site at all other than people visiting won't be in the city centre. Look at every proposal for business at the lochee stack. Everyone declined because it would take trade away from the city centre. If it's in Dundee West the council WILL reject it. If it's not the ferry or city Centre/quay they don't want to know about it.