Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The New Stadium Thread

Ricky Spanish

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 hours ago, Derekgow said:

That’s quite a thought sensible, We need  islay on the case to cost that out.:happyyes:

Hi Derek,

Thank you for your faith in me to work out the cost but I never use a taxi as I am a car owner and when in Dundee I use my bus pass to travel into the centre of the town. 

Yesterday my car had its annual service and in the past twelve months it had travelled 4588 miles. As a result of being retired I hardly use my car as I no longer have to drive to work.

Living on Islay I drive my car to Bowmore which is a round trip of 20 miles once a week for shopping in the Co-op. Apart from that my car is on auto pilot to my GP surgery in nearby Port Charlotte a round trip of 3 miles and travelling several times per year to Dundee.

I would imagine that it would be cheaper for most retired people in Scotland to give up their car and use taxis but the car is very convenient and in rural parts  of Scotland with little or no local bus services a necessity.

21 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

No Super 6 rugby for Dundee. Teams announced today. So no rugby at our new stadium or rugby rent.

I am not surprised by this decision. 

If the new stadium is built the club could use it for Under 20’s home games assuming that there are 4g artificial pitches next to the stadium and a Ladies Dundee FC football team could be formed also using the stadium.

I look forward to being able to have a bar lunch in the restaurant on a non match day at the new stadium. 

Heard today that Council are fine with our plans and there is slight hold up around Scottish Govt approval of seven access roads as the Kingsway is a trunk road and therefore Govt responsibility.

Stadium is copy of 15,000 New York Stadium in Rotherham and has no open corners. There are bars/rooms in the plans behind goal nearest cremy...makes sense.

Exciting times especially if we improve the side moving forward.

I have a non disclosure agreement with my source!

Edited by Billy Campbell's Ghost
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Heard today that Council are fine with our plans and there is slight hold up around Scottish Govt approval of seven access roads as the Kingsway is a trunk road and therefore Govt responsibility.

Stadium is copy of 15,000 New York Stadium in Rotherham and has no open corners. There are bars/rooms in the plans behind goal nearest cremy...makes sense.

It's not a carbon copy though, we're including a TV gantry - oh and something else that wasn't thought of down in South Yorkshire, can you tell me what that is?

2 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Did they forget a gantry? Ha ha. Dunno what the other missing thing is tho!

I'm sworn to secrecy too.

Not really - they didn't design an access point for tractors / trucks and the like.

Edited by Prince Buster
  • Funny 1

4 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Nevertheless thank you for update ...

Withoot trying to sound bitter (on sic a happy day) we ken we're never gonna be receiving weekly updates/comms from BOD.

(So speaking for mysel' eh'm grateful for any wee bits o'news)

• Like 1

On 05/05/2018 at 17:51, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

No it's not, we won't be serving Yorkshire Pud for dinner!

Adblock Detected