Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: Dundee 1 - 1 Hibs (Home, 27th Aug 2017)

TheDarkBlues

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

Good point without having the outlet of a target man. Pretty tough going when we're so reliant on having to play the ball out and Hibs were the sort of team that made it quite hard for us and wouldn't let us do it.

Get a wee rest and I'd come back in a fortnight with a fit Haber or Moussa up top and give Rangers a real go. The attacking group we had at Pittodrie gave Aberdeen a real nightmare so I reckon anything similar and we'll get something as Rangers are not that great at the back.

Maybe a bit harsh but I'd also start to look at integrating Meekings for a run (probably for Waddell). The young pairing have done superbly and I speak highly of them but I think that a bit more experience could calm things down a bit. A lot of hundred mile per hour clearances towards the end today that weren't that great and put us under a bit more pressure.

We've had our spell of bad fortune with injuries but I think the team have had a bit of time to settle and we should really be targeting points from our next few games.

Haber wont be anywhere near fit in a fortnight if what I was told today is the case.

Apparently he's been told his injury will have 10 week+ recovery period. Club looking for a second opinion.

We need to sign a striker. Possibly two.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Vincent needs replaced. He gets caught on the ball, can't pass forwards, doesn't score or create and is weak in the tackle.

Didn't want the ball today,couldn't tackle,square/backpasses,even throw-ins,he ran away from ours,

didn't want to be involved.Not just today,every time i've seen him.He floated around the midfield basically doing nothing.

When we have a scott allen in the team the rest of the midfield have to shift to make up for his weaknesses.

Passengers like vincent offer nothing.

Elbak?wee laddie.

These guys apart,i thought the rest put in a shift.

For me,special mentions to Bain,Holt,Hendry,Kamara and Waddell

3 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Haber wont be anywhere near fit in a fortnight if what I was told today is the case.

Apparently he's been told his injury will have 10 week+ recovery period. Club looking for a second opinion.

If you look at our last eight league games at Dens since February it's 0 wins, 2 draw and 6 defeats. Four goals scored and 18 conceded. Of the four goals scored one was El Bak's stunning consolation against Celtic and the other three were scored by defenders (and two of them were penalties). Bottom line is we desperately need a goalscorer (even when Haber is fit) and I don't think we addressed the problem in the summer.

• Like 1

O'Dea not missed at all- the vibrancy we have with Waddell and  Hendry have upped our pace .Sorry O'Dea , but you are too slow  for this team . Kamara was majestic  today.In the first half especially he commanded the midfield  and made Hibs look  poor.

Two things please DFC - NEVER EVER  play Vincent again  for all the reasons stated  in this thread, and please sign a new striker/STRIKERS  IMMEDIATELY !

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Spiritof62 said:

Bain, Hendry, Waddell, Holt, Kamara and Gowser got us a point today.

Deacon started well but was marked out of the game.

El Bak and Vincent went AWOL.l

Kerr is too young to be Vice Captain and the International break will do him good, why has he stopped hitting the bye line?

Allan is skilful but his use of the ball is very poor, maybe he needs better players around him.

Wolters is another useless signing he could not run past the statue of Rabbi Burns in the Albert Sq.   

Agree with your points, regarding El Bak and Vincent, just not Championship standard, never mind Premiership and don't get me started on Wolters, just shocking yet again, bad bad signing. We require a Striker signed this week, as jury still out on Mousa, not seen him look good against decent teams yet.

19 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Neil McCann confirmed Haber out for a while on radio after game but said Moussa might be fit by the time of our next game

2 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Don't think he was fully fit and the way we were set up didn't really suit him tbh.

Looked fit to me- ran  fast throughout , but  isn't good enough .Has had long enough to come good but looks like he never will. Get in another striker and tell him he is free to leave the Club asap .

Edited by Guest

Adblock Detected