The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Wattie Rojas

Moves This Week?

Rate this topic

I think maybe Williams remains in plan for NM- I think there's a player in there so maybe he can earn his crust and turn some people's view on him ?

Edited by DarkBlueKnight
Added

I'd been a bit critical of the lack of striker signing but we've got there in the end. AJ looks like he should tick a lot of the boxes we were missing so fair play to McCann.

I'm quite happy with our squad now. On paper we have a good player for every position now so I'm looking forward to see how we get on.

7 hours ago, harry94 said:

I'm actually quite optimistic about AJ from his videos. What pleases me the most is that he's different to what we have which I think was Hartley's folly in recent years with signing very similar players to occupy the same position.

It's important to remember that Haber, coming from the same level, was struggling to find a team and we kind of picked him up in a panic and he saved us last year. David Clarkson had been knocked back from almost every team in this league after leaving a league below these guys (the worst 4th tier team in England) and his contributions made us a top 6 club.

If he's hard working and smart enough to get himself into the right areas, he'll do us a job. Shrewsbury fans on their forum were saying he was a bit unfortunate as the team was mostly in a state (2 points off relegation) and their team had no creativity. He shouldn't have that issue here.

I've certainly been one of the more vocal folk about lack of options up front and the desperate need for someone who looks comfortable taking the more "bread & butter" chances. I'm extremely hopeful that AJ might just be the answer to that problem.

Even in the games where we haven't been so good so far this season, we haven't lacked for chances, just someone to take them.

Here's hoping!

3 hours ago, Spiritof62 said:

We now have a decent squad.

Its now up to McCann to get them producing points.

Agreed- hats off to the Club for making the signings  and trying to strengthen the squad . If AJ comes good and Moussa starts a goal spree we need not fear  relegation - for once we have a midfield, back up, Jon Artenetxe will hopefully  seal up defence mistakes . Some of our play around the half way line has been such a cut above the shambles of last year- Deacon on the wing has been a pleasure to watch- Kamara has class on a level above  anything we have seen at Dens in a long time and Allan will ,imo, produce more when the midfield is settled and is able to play where he is most comfortable .Hendry and Waddell are a class act. With Meekings to come, Haber hopefully returning with the from he showed against the Dabs ,  and guys like Spence on the bench etc.,    things are looking better . The signing of another striker last night  is positive . If Wolters  settles and gets some more game time, he may be a good asset .

Compared with last season ,and the embarrassment of E.Fife etc. , we are looking like a good team with back up for injuries . Bain  showed what a great asset he can be  with that performance against Hibs .  The depressing stuff of last season is behind us  and I now have optimism that we are going to see some entertaining football at Dens and away .C'mon the Dee .

6 minutes ago, binhoker said:

Agreed- hats off to the Club for making the signings  and trying to strengthen the squad . If AJ comes good and Moussa starts a goal spree we need not fear  relegation - for once we have a midfield, back up, Jon Artenetxe will hopefully  seal up defence mistakes . Some of our play around the half way line has been such a cut above the shambles of last year- Deacon on the wing has been a pleasure to watch- Kamara has class on a level above  anything we have seen at Dens in a long time and Allan will ,imo, produce more when the midfield is settled and is able to play where he is most comfortable .Hendry and Waddell are a class act. With Meekings to come, Haber hopefully returning with the from he showed against the Dabs ,  and guys like Spence on the bench etc.,    things are looking better . The signing of another striker last night  is positive . If Wolters  settles and gets some more game time, he may be a good asset .

Compared with last season ,and the embarrassment of E.Fife etc. , we are looking like a good team with back up for injuries . Bain  showed what a great asset he can be  with that performance against Hibs .  The depressing stuff of last season is behind us  and I now have optimism that we are going to see some entertaining football at Dens and away .C'mon the Dee .

Loving all that - what have you bintaking binhoker? :P

2 hours ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Loving all that - what have you bintaking binhoker? :P

Bintamin B12

6 hours ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

I think maybe Williams remains in plan for NM- I think there's a player in there so maybe he can earn his crust and turn some people's view on him ?

Tumbleweed ...........:dunce: