Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dundee Stint Was Best Of Career For Peter Macdonald

JoeCovenant

Source: The Evening Telegraph

Peter MacDonald has thanked fans for their support during his 18 months at Dundee.

But the frontman admits he will always be left with a feeling of what could have been.

Last week, the striker came to an agreement with the Dens Park club to cut his deal short and signed for League One challengers Morton, managed by former Dark Blues boss Jim Duffy. While he’s delighted to be back plying his trade in Greenock as a first-team coach as well as a player on an 18-month deal, Peaso says he’s gutted to have left Dens. And he does wonder what might have happened had he joined the Dark Blues at a younger age instead of in the summer of 2012 aged 33.

Peaso, now 34, said: “I’m a very lucky man to have played for four very good clubs in my career. But I always wonder what could have been at Dundee. There’s a niggling feeling that, if I’d joined at about 28, where we could have went. There was always talk of me joining and I would have jumped at the chance at a younger age. But, for whatever reason, until Bomber (John Brown) came to the club, it never quite happened.â€

MacDonald even admits last season — in which he netted 19 strikes and got a Championship winners medal — was a great achievement.

He added: “It was one of the best years of my career. That last day of the season will always been in my memories. To win the title for the fans was brilliant because, since I went to that club, they were top class with me. I can only thank them for the support they gave me and the team during my time there. It spurred us on to the title — the fans had a big part to play in that.â€

This month represents a fresh challenge for the striker who will combine scoring goals with a bit of coaching duty.

“I’m gutted to leave such a special club,†he said of his time at Dundee. “It’s a shame it has come to an end but I have a fresh challenge now at Morton. Being able to take my first steps into coaching is a big factor for going back to Cappielow.â€

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Its good that he enjoyed his time at Dens and he has a soft spot for the club, there's plenty of players who just go to clubs for the paycheck. I wish him all the best at Morton unless they're playing us of course.

Agree with above chomp and I am sure all of us here wish him well at Morton ..... Good Luck.

Read this yesterday.  He was saying that there were opportunities for him to come to Dens a couple of times from when he was 28 years old onward.  Shame we didn't grab the opportunities when we had the chance rather than 5 years later because the times I remember him playing he usually impressed. A proper goal scorer.

I think it was more the case of us not offering a deal because he states if he'd had the opportunity he'd have jumped at it!

I reckon we'll see him at the club again at some point in the future, particularly if he wants to go into coaching. Seems to have his head screwed on. Future strike coach? Future manager? Who knows. Thanks for the memories Peaso.

Adblock Detected