Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Paul Hartley: Aberdeen Fc Are The Best Team In Premiership

Ludo*1

Source: Aberdeen Evening Express.

DUNDEE boss Paul Hartley insists Aberdeen FC are the best team in Scotland.

The former Dons and Celtic player believes Derek McInnes’ side can lift the Scottish Premiership trophy this season, to end 30 years of Old Firm dominance.

Hartley said: “Aberdeen are the best team we’ve played this season. They are very good defensively and in attack, so overall as a unit I’d say they are the best.

“Being a unit is their biggest strength, that’s what they are.

“They are solid at the back, they don’t lose many goals and have a real attacking threat with pace and movement to score goals.

“They have given themselves a great chance.

“They will want to keep it as quiet as they can, they won’t say too much and play it low. It’s within their rights to do that but we’re nearly in February and they’re right in there.

“I think Aberdeen have a good chance, They are eight unbeaten and have had eight clean sheets behind them.

“Celtic wlll still be favourites but I think if you look at Aberdeen this is as good a chance as they’ll ever have.

“At this stage of the season Celtic have always had a gap between themselves and the other teams.

“We’ll see how Celtic cope with it now, but Aberdeen are top of the league on merit.â€

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

...........???

Is it just me... or is it not *really* a good idea to heap praise on the team you're about to play the next day?  :huh:

(Or has it been judiciously edited to leave out when he said... "course, aw thon aside, ma boiys ur gonnae HUMP the $HITE oot o' thon sheep shugging bursturds!")

(I understand playing the 'praise card' to give them a false sense of security, but self-belief is something I wouldn't have thought the Dons lacked!)   :unsure:

I'm all for building up the opposition in public. Takes the pressure off our team.

Our performances against the two best teams in the country have been impressive. I'm confident we'll do well tomorrow. Getting a result will be difficult though.

I'm all for building up the opposition in public. Takes the pressure off our team.

You think?  :(

I must admit, never having been a professional footballer, I couldn't say for certain how it would affect me, to hear my gaffer announce to the world that the team we are about to play are the best in the country...

... I don't think it would inspire me that way though...

... I would understand it if it was a (aah the dream) European team we had, in some 'bonus' glamour competition/cup game - but not a team we are vying with to (in effect) stay in the top league this season.  :huh:

You think?  :(

I must admit, never having been a professional footballer, I couldn't say for certain how it would affect me, to hear my gaffer announce to the world that the team we are about to play are the best in the country...

... I don't think it would inspire me that way though...

... I would understand it if it was a (aah the dream) European team we had, in some 'bonus' glamour competition/cup game - but not a team we are vying with to (in effect) stay in the top league this season.  :huh:

I suppose it depends. I suspect Hartley might be responding to the mentality of our team. The higher the expectation to perform the worse we seem to do (e.g. home games against struggling teams, the derbies). The lower the expectation the better we seem to do (away games, playing Celtic and Aberdeen).

Adblock Detected