Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Possible Summer Targets

Wattie Rojas

As well as the boy forrest from ayr and durnan, holt and reilly from qots there are a number of decent premiership players going out of contract.

Nicky low aberdeen centre mid

John herron celtic centre mid

Dylan mcgeough celtic centre mid

Filip twardzik celtic left mid

Josh meekings ict centre half

Craig slater killie centre mid

Iain vigurs Motherwell left/centre mid

John Sutton Motherwell striker

Karl higginbottom thistle no.10

Abdul osman thistle def mid

S o'donnell thistle right back

Brian easton saibtees left back

John mcginn st mirren left/centre mid

Thoights?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easton would be a good signing as we need to sign a natural left back. I'd take Brittain to play right midfield and McKay for up front if realistic (I believe they are both on a free in the summer). On top of that I'd sign a left-sided midfielder midfielder (so maybe McGinn, Vigurs or Twardzik).

Open to all the younger Celtic guys if they impress in trials and that. Slater, Holt, O'Donnell and McGinn will unfortunately be off to other things and their age would mean that the compensation required if they did agree to join us would be massive and probably out of our budget.

Likewise, Meekings would be an amazing signing but he'll be off to a bigger club. Could put together an affordable deal for him so wouldn't rule it out completely I suppose.

Let's play manager mode. Going to ignore Godzilla for now as I haven't seen enough of him.

Firstly, I'd release Shenck, McBride, Dyer, Ferry (if he has an option, if not negotiate release), Roberts (see before), Davo, Reid, Benedictus and Tankulic (negotiate release).

I am assuming that this would probably make space for around five major signings and two or three younger cheaper players to come in and offer squad options.

My main targets would be:

Centre Back - Ben Frempah (Ross County) - 19 year old defender, who will be free agent in summer and won't require compensation. He's a bit raw but he's been in favour this season and been pretty much their best defender when played alongside experience. Would be a good gamble and with Konrad and McPake in the side, I think we could afford it.

Left Back - Brian Easton (St Johnstone) - 27 year old left back. Thought he was good with us and seems to be fairly solid at St Johnstone.

Defensive Midfielder - Filip Kiss (Ross County) - 24 year old ball winner who's been on loan from Cardiff. He's got a bit of bite about him and I think we've missed that a bit.

Left Midfielder - Gregg Wylde (St Mirren) - 23 year old left winger/wing back. Experienced in playing in defence and attack which could come in handy.

Attacker - Kallum Higginbotham (Partick Thistle) - 25 year old winger/forward. Think he's Thistle's best attacking threat and he's terrorised quite a few teams in pre season. Would also significantly weaken a rival as well.

Secondary Targets:

Left Back - Jackson Longridge (Stranraer) - 19 year old who can also play on the wing. Been in fine form for Stranraer this season and been touted for a bigger move with Hibs interested.

Attacker - Alan Forrest (Ayr) - 18 year old attacking player with a bit of pace who's been a constant threat for Ayr this season. Can play on wing or in hole.

Goalkeepers

Scott Bain

Kyle Letheren

Defenders

Paul McGinn

Cammy Kerr

Gary Irvine

Thomas Konrad

James McPake

Ben Frempah

Louis Longridge

Midfielders

Kevin Thomson

Paul McGowan

Dylan Carreiro

Gary Harkins

Jim McAllister

Filip Kiss

Gregg Wylde

Attackers

Martin Boyle

Greg Stewart

Craig Wighton

David Clarkson

Kallum Higginbotham

Alan Forrest

That would leave us with a starting 11 of:

Bain

McGinn McPake Konrad Easton

Higginbotham Kiss McGowan Wylde

Wighton

Stewart

and a secondary 11 of:

Letheren

Kerr Irvine Frempah Longridge

Boyle McAllister Thomson Forrest

Harkins

Clarkson

And then that just leaves us with Carreiro who we could loan out. Just trying to make two 11s to show the sort of depth it would leave us with. Don't think my targets are too unrealistic or unaffordable, Higginbotham would be difficult but we could put together a decent contract offer for him. Also like Osman, Law, Devine, Low, Ainsworth and Tesselaar; any of them would be reasonable enough options to me if my main targets didn't work out.

Some interesting suggestions there Harry. I'm wondering if Konrad will be in our first XI if we aim to kick on next season, given that his stock has dropped in the last few weeks and he's currently being kept out the team by a midfielder playing CB.

Some interesting suggestions there Harry. I'm wondering if Konrad will be in our first XI if we aim to kick on next season, given that his stock has dropped in the last few weeks and he's currently being kept out the team by a midfielder playing CB.

I like to think he will. He's had a bad time of it over the last month or so but we did have this composed centre back who could read the game well and I don't think that's disappeared overnight. Think he'll be back in our first 11 quite soon though so will hopefully return to showing what he once had.

It's pretty hard to predict these things though. Maybe McPake will regress, maybe Kerr will overtake McGinn, maybe Boyle will come back and hit amazing form and find his scoring boots. After pre-season, I think we were envisioning an 11 like:

Letheren

McGinn McPake Konrad Dyer

Thomson

Ferry       McGowan

Harkins

Tankulic

There were some calls that Stewart should be sent out on loan and it was a disgrace that Irvine was kept on but some players had different ideas.

In our first eight games this season we conceded three goals and had five clean sheets. In the subsequent 17 games we've conceded 32 and had only one clean sheet. The early optimism about our seemingly rock solid defence has evaporated. Really hope to be proved wrong but I think we'll need a stronger CB to play alongside McPake in the summer.

Like you say though things do change. I'm sure we'll all have different views on the squad come the last day of the season.

Adblock Detected