Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Hello Fellow Dees

Finally got around to registering ! Been a Dundee fan since 1960. I actually worked in the Reform St HQ when Isabel Sneddon ran the show. This was in 1969 when John Prentice was manager. One of my tasks was to Date-Stamp the comps for every home game and I was entitled to 2 also. I always managed to stamp an extra 1 or 2 when required for my fellow Dee friends ! I also had to Taxi up to Dens on Fridays before home games with the Turnstile cash float, then get the bus back into town. On a few occasions, if he had business in Reform St, John Prentice would give me a lift. The reverse journey arrangements were carried out the following Monday. I remember I had to phone the SFA to get the Cup-Draw and was delighted when we drew East Fife. Ian Gellatly was distraught when told the news, as there was " no money in that " ? Although I only worked there for just over a year, I've very fond memories of my time there.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Welcome Farmerboy to the Dak Blues Forum and thank you for poppin in your first post to this section of the forum .... I do hope you get a few "welcome responses" from a few other members.That's quite an interesting history you have there ......disnae time fly past though !!

I am aware I have sent you a welcome post to you already, so you can count his ain as welcome number twa !!

Did eh no tell you it wis a friendly forum .......nae abuse and nae dabs .....and as eh keep telling a'body, it really is the only DFC forum to be on.

I'm sure Joe and Mo, and maybe a few ithers will come alang to hae a few welcoming words.

Meanwhile to yirsel and awe the ither recent new posters to the Dark Blue ..... keep the posts coming ..... and lookefter yirselves.

C'MON the DEE ..... GIVE US YIR BEST THE MORN !!

Finally got around to registering ! Been a Dundee fan since 1960. I actually worked in the Reform St HQ when Isabel Sneddon ran the show. This was in 1969 when John Prentice was manager. One of my tasks was to Date-Stamp the comps for every home game and I was entitled to 2 also. I always managed to stamp an extra 1 or 2 when required for my fellow Dee friends ! I also had to Taxi up to Dens on Fridays before home games with the Turnstile cash float, then get the bus back into town. On a few occasions, if he had business in Reform St, John Prentice would give me a lift. The reverse journey arrangements were carried out the following Monday. I remember I had to phone the SFA to get the Cup-Draw and was delighted when we drew East Fife. Ian Gellatly was distraught when told the news, as there was " no money in that " ? Although I only worked there for just over a year, I've very fond memories of my time there.

Hello Farmerboy. That was a fine wee introductory tale. Welcome...

Adblock Detected