Jump to content
The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
CW 90+3 02/05/16

Dundee V Hearts

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Our only home league game in a month.

Saturday 3pm against a stuttering beatable Hearts side. 

If you can afford it and don't have a season ticket. Get yourself to Dens this Saturday. Big game.

We're hitting a bit of form now. 4 points from the last 6 and 2 unbeaten at Dens.

Hoping for a big vocal home crowd and 3 points.

  • Love 3
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Players will have to sharpen their elbows for this one ?..leviene team 's usually try to push things to the limit

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Our only home league game in a month.

Saturday 3pm against a stuttering beatable Hearts side. 

If you can afford it and don't have a season ticket. Get yourself to Dens this Saturday. Big game.

We're hitting a bit of form now. 4 points from the last 6 and 2 unbeaten at Dens.

Hoping for a big vocal home crowd and 3 points.

I'll be honest I wasn't planning on going but you've sold me on it. 

Would rather beat the teams around us like Killie and Partick because already they are 6 point games.

 

  • Love 1
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another opportunity as said above, to pick up three points at home ... And this might be the real kick-start we need.

For those who can make this game, I hope they go in numbers & are in good voice. Mon the Fans & Mighty Dee :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye always look forward to games against Hearts as they bring a no bad support plus with extra spice of getting one over Avril.
Cant say im all that confident as we seem to struggle against big sides like Hearts esp the way Avril will have them playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, CC33 said:

Aye always look forward to games against Hearts as they bring a no bad support plus with extra spice of getting one over Avril.
Cant say im all that confident as we seem to struggle against big sides like Hearts esp the way Avril will have them playing.

I love the media notion that they will be a transformed team. He has been the coach since what's his puss left for MK Dons. 

Should get 3.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crawford95 said:

I love the media notion that they will be a transformed team. He has been the coach since what's his puss left for MK Dons. 

Should get 3.

 

I dont think it will be an easy game for us at all.
Let hope for 3 points , get Deacon and Wolters at them from the first minute

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully Marcus Haber or Soufien Moussa  will be available for selection and with AJ can form a productive strike force.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Neil Cameron said:

Hopefully Marcus Haber or Soufien Moussa  will be available for selection and with AJ can form a productive strike force.

Aye id like Moussa and AJ up front on sat.... reason being the last time they partnered each other it got us goals.
Tho if Moussa is carrying a knock still id have no issue with Haber playing.
Be interesting if Allan plays , i hope he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

O'dea hopefully make sure his brother in law doesnt score if theyre both on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary Mackay in his 'Evening News' column says Hearts should be beating "the likes of Dundee and Ross County." We'll see.

He also said Dundee were overhyped after that 4-0 win at Killie two years ago and that he fancied Hearts to beat us that day at Dens. He was right in the end but we should have buried them first half when we were breathtaking. Often wondered why we never played like that again. I've never seen us play better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, blueboy said:

Gary Mackay in his 'Evening News' column says Hearts should be beating "the likes of Dundee and Ross County." We'll see.

He also said Dundee were overhyped after that 4-0 win at Killie two years ago and that he fancied Hearts to beat us that day at Dens. He was right in the end but we should have buried them first half when we were breathtaking. Often wondered why we never played like that again. I've never seen us play better.

Sounds like he's still seething over 1986. He probably thinks of Dundee every time he looks at the space on the mantelpiece where he was planning to put his league winners' medal.

Image result for albert kidd hearts

image.jpg

GL267778.jpg

  • Love 1
  • Like 3
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Five years ago Hearts came to Dens and Matty Lockwood scored the only goal with a rocket of a free-kick.

We only won three of our first 28 league games that season and all three came against the Edinburgh sides.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am not sure just how good but I reckon we have a pretty good record against Hearts if we look back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/25/2017 at 12:40, CC33 said:

Aye always look forward to games against Hearts as they bring a no bad support plus with extra spice of getting one over Avril.
Cant say im all that confident as we seem to struggle against big sides like Hearts esp the way Avril will have them playing.

I think we actually tend to do better against sides like Hibs and Hearts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think there is an even chance this game could be anything between a home win, an away win or a score draw (cannot see a no score draw).

Prediction is the same as last week, in that I think we will need to score 3 to win.

2 - 2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I remember of Hearts in the past couple of seasons is they take it in turns to put in real crunching/late tackles to avoid bookings. Maybe wrong but that how it appears to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blue4evr said:

What I remember of Hearts in the past couple of seasons is they take it in turns to put in real crunching/late tackles to avoid bookings. Maybe wrong but that how it appears to me.

Hopefully well match them for the crunching tackles..its the pushing players when theyre jumping for the ball levein's teams used to do all the time that used to p*ss me off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If its anything like the old Levein teams then I expect a similar sort of game to the St Johnstone one a couple of weeks ago. They will try to bully us but if we stand up to them we have a chance. There tactics will be to punt the ball up to the target man Lafferty. I've said O'Dea and Hendry are our best defence pairing but wouldn't mind seeing Waddell play this one as he's the most aggressive in the air.

From what I've heard there is a decent Hearts support coming through so should be a good atmosphere. Pay day today and Dundee's last home game for almost a month tomorrow so hopefully a good home crowd too.

Would be a great boost to get a win but reckon a 2-2 is more likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.