Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Aberdeen Vs Dundee Cammy Fraser Goal Celebration

Donny O

Seeing Gary Harkins banter with the Dons fans on Saturday took me back to a midweek cup match ( I think it was in 1980??)when Dundee shocked the great Aberdeen side.

I listened to the match on the radio and went hyper when the final whistle went but what I remember was on seeing the TV highlights later was Cammy Frasers goal celebration! (and this total contradicts my post about opposing players goading the other teams fans!! ;oD )

The ball broke to Cammy who smashed it into the net(The Dundee fans were behind the goal on the left as you would look from the TV gantry if I remember right) and he ran towards the stand underneath the TV gantry then suddenly stopped turned to the Aberdeen fans and did a gesture that today would probably have earned him a straight red!!)

A classic !!! and the reaction from the Dons fans was funny as anything!! They practically threw their sweetie wrappers at him!!!

Years ago I had a vhs copy of extended highlights of this game which showed  the incident which I loaned out and never got back.The version on "official" DVDs etc has it edited out.

Would be good to see this again as it always used to crack me up!!!

No idea if he was booked for the "gesture"

Maybe some one can post if they have a copy...........

That was great night too that game!

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Was at this match and remember the goal well, although not much else.  Remember driving up in my mates car in hope rather than anticipation.  Cammy Fraser scored the goal at our end, if I remember correctly and the Dundee end went mental.   Celebration fish supper in Stonehaven.  Can't believe it's 35 years ago.

Seeing Gary Harkins banter with the Dons fans on Saturday took me back to a midweek cup match ( I think it was in 1980??)when Dundee shocked the great Aberdeen side.

I listened to the match on the radio and went hyper when the final whistle went but what I remember was on seeing the TV highlights later was Cammy Frasers goal celebration! (and this total contradicts my post about opposing players goading the other teams fans!! ;oD )

The ball broke to Cammy who smashed it into the net(The Dundee fans were behind the goal on the left as you would look from the TV gantry if I remember right) and he ran towards the stand underneath the TV gantry then suddenly stopped turned to the Aberdeen fans and did a gesture that today would probably have earned him a straight red!!)

A classic !!! and the reaction from the Dons fans was funny as anything!! They practically threw their sweetie wrappers at him!!!

Years ago I had a vhs copy of extended highlights of this game which showed  the incident which I loaned out and never got back.The version on "official" DVDs etc has it edited out.

Would be good to see this again as it always used to crack me up!!!

No idea if he was booked for the "gesture"

Maybe some one can post if they have a copy...........

That was great night too that game!

I was at that game, never expected to win but if I'm right we absolutely destroyed them and had a goal (Jimmy Murphy?) disallowed in the first half too.

Was it the league cup QF?

Yeah......it was.

What a fantastic night it was too.

Aberdeen were a very good side at that time and were red hot favourites to beat us and go though.

As others have said, brilliant atmosphere in the Dundee end and everyone going ballistic when the goal was scored and at the final whistle.

Big Dundee support , especially considering it was a Wednesday night.

Adblock Detected