Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Tankulic

Ivan Drago

Sorry guys but never a goal scorer. We can't keep playing him in the number 9 position imo.

Has decent link up play and some lovely touches but simply isn't aggressive enough to attack the space in the manner required to get goals. Was astounded that Clarkson played deeper when he came on.

I think theirs a place for him in the team but not as our main goal scorer. He'll struggle to get 5 a season imo.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played better than Clarkson IMO.

Clarkson is an out and out goal scorer. When on form he's proven he will take a half chance as well as anyone.

Tanklukic is a completely different player and simply won't get in the positions that clarkson would. I think there is a role for both potentially but Clarkson isn't a deep lying in the hole man and Tanklukic aint a number 9

Good footwork and his touch has got a lot better. Agree with Ivan regards lacking the killer instinct to be a consistent goal scorer. He had a real opportunity to smash home a second goal after some neat play on the right in the second half and he chose to square it. McAlister should have done miles better with that chance as well when it landed at his feet in front of goal.

Theres no way Clarkson was fit. A quite bizarre subbie and playing him deeper was madness.

Have to agree mate, taking off a tiring harkins who is not the most mobile, and replacing him with what looked like an unfit clarkson (who also isn't the most mobile) baffled me. Was sure wighton would have been the better option, but who am I to criticise. 3 points in the bag!

Sorry guys but never a goal scorer. We can't keep playing him in the number 9 position imo.

Has decent link up play and some lovely touches but simply isn't aggressive enough to attack the space in the manner required to get goals. Was astounded that Clarkson played deeper when he came on.

I think theirs a place for him in the team but not as our main goal scorer. He'll struggle to get 5 a season imo.

Get what you mean but I'm not sure there is a place for the team for him.

We already have Stewart, Wighton, Harkins and McGowan who can be deployed as link up forwards. Can he do the job better than them? Could maybe argue on McGowan but when we have Stewart, Wighton and Harkins who can do it and contribute much more. Since

Don't think he's that bad a player but just struggling to fit him into any ideal teams and since we'll be looking to improve and take some gambles in each area, his position is under threat.

Hope he kicks on anyway as there are good parts about his game but we just can't seem to accommodate him in the most effective way.

Agree that it's looking more and more that he is not an out and out No9 like Clarkson. I get the impression though that the boy is trying too hard to impress. A few times when he should have played the easy ball he's trying Roy of the Rovers stuff.

He played better when we were playing the ball on the deck and he was drifting in from wider positions.

If we are saying he wssn't very good because he couldn't control the high ball with his adams apple, that's another story. Bloke deserves to get a decent run in the starting line up but with Harkins, Stewart and Harris in the team that is unlikely to happen.

Clarkson is an out and out goal scorer. When on form he's proven he will take a half chance as well as anyone.

Tanklukic is a completely different player and simply won't get in the positions that clarkson would. I think there is a role for both potentially but Clarkson isn't a deep lying in the hole man and Tanklukic aint a number 9

Oh I agree with what your saying its just that Clarkson doesnt bring much to the team at the moment. I dont know if he is unfit or what but he just looks like he is labouring  at times.

Spot on. Clarkson could easily go on another run of six goals in six games. Tankulic will make a better contribution to our play over 90 minutes but there's no sense in expecting him to give us the goal threat that Clarkson possesses.

Your right Ivan but it's the on form bit that's worrying me.  I was wetting myself earlier in the season with some of Clarkson's performances. Quite apart from the goals, his control, link play and movement were class but bit by bit it seems to falling apart.  At times he is looking like Craig Beattie Mk2.  OK, a bit severe that bit but at times it seems like he has sent along his crappier twin brother (if he has one) to play instead of him.

Hoping that he can play himself back into form and quick.

Adblock Detected