The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
offshoredee

The Whole Bain Situation

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, barkblue said:

Can't say I see much difference between Bain above these. Deacon is permanent and Allan a loan. Both get the same treatment...

Usually you don't see loan signings waving scarves and wearing various outfits at the photocall.

If Bain spends a few months as back-up at Easter Road and ends up at Tynecastle in the summer I imagine he'd get some stick if he was pictured draped in Hearts clobber and waving a maroon scarf.

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Usually you don't see loan signings waving scarves and wearing various outfits at the photocall.

If Bain spends a few months as back-up at Easter Road and ends up at Tynecastle in the summer I imagine he'd get some stick if he was pictured draped in Hearts clobber and waving a maroon scarf.

I'd imagine the player parades in whatever the signing club/PR/photographer asks them to. I doubt very much it would go down well if the Hibs PR team handed him a trackie top and scarf to wave about and Bain said, "Aye, but I support Hearts and might play there one day soon, so please, can I only wear neutral colours - no green... or maroon.... or dark blue, be photographed at a venue no one will recognise and only have a fake smile, showing no teeth - actually do you have a balaclava?. When do I get to make my debut again...?"

You're really looking for something that's not there mate. As I said earlier, I really don't see the difference between Bain above and these...

Jon_A_02-595x372.jpg

Unknown.jpg

e9c4ff7656702619268c5db297e6b50c.png

If the Dee's and it's a massive if I was signed by us I would do my photo shoot in a pair of our bawbags :)

52 minutes ago, barkblue said:

I'd imagine the player parades in whatever the signing club/PR/photographer asks them to. I doubt very much it would go down well if the Hibs PR team handed him a trackie top and scarf to wave about and Bain said, "Aye, but I support Hearts and might play there one day soon, so please, can I only wear neutral colours - no green... or maroon.... or dark blue, be photographed at a venue no one will recognise and only have a fake smile, showing no teeth - actually do you have a balaclava?. When do I get to make my debut again...?"

You're really looking for something that's not there mate. As I said earlier, I really don't see the difference between Bain above and these...

I can't recall seeing a short-term loan signing waving scarves and being pictured in multiple outfits before. Seems a bit odd to me. If it seems perfectly normal to you then fine.

Can't see a thing wrong or unusual about posing for a PR photo.

Somebody will find one but not sure it's too common for any Dee signing in recent years to be photographed in anything other than holding or wearing a Dundee top (Usually with their squad number?) type of pose. Can't really remember the last signing to wave a scarf above their head whilst wearing a tracksuit top and black jeans. Suppose Scott Bain being a keeper rules out him wearing the green HIbs top for the photo shoot?

Also can't see what can possibly be read into the photo of Scott Bain - nothing to see here except our best keeper in a Hibs tracksuit so move on.

9 hours ago, Cobra said:

Well AJ is just holding a shirt. Bain seems to be parading half the items from the Hibs shop.

Image result for scott bain joins hibs

You look at Scott Allan. You don't see him waving a Dundee scarf because he's a Celtic employee.

Not having a go at Bain. It just seems a bit unusual. Loan signings are usually low key affairs with colours kept to a minimum.

If Bain had taken cross balls at the same height he's taken this scarf I dont think he'd have left us   :bash:

• Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Star Post 1

See he kept a clean sheet in a friendly last night... f**ker was obviously at it with us?

Edited by charliedee
  • Funny 2

I dont want involved in this but i can 100% say he didnt leak anything. I think he is a knob but i know he didnt. Not hard to work out how i know but a mate confirmed he didnt leak anything. 

Let's just move on. Bain was a knob, decent keeper but a knob. He acted like, tweeted like and just in general was a knob. Even at POTY things he was the big i am. 

As i said, a knob but not a sleeket or a traitor. Would make some hatred easier but unfortunately not. 

Edited by Derry Drummer

5 minutes ago, Derry Drummer said:

I dont want involved in this but i can 100% say he didnt leak anything. I think he is a knob but i know he didnt. Not hard to work out how i know but a mate confirmed he didnt leak anything. 

Let's just move on. Bain was a knob, decent keeper but a knob. He acted like, tweeted like and just in general was a knob. Even at POTY things he was the big i am. 

As i said, a knob but not a sleeket or a traitor. Would make some hatred easier but unfortunately not. 

So we have one poster stating 100% he did, and you DD stating 100% he didn't.  I suppose only Bain himself can say for sure.

Either way, his time at Dens has been sullied and that's a pity.  As you say, we move on.

11 hours ago, HK Blues said:

So we have one poster stating 100% he did, and you DD stating 100% he didn't.  I suppose only Bain himself can say for sure.

Either way, his time at Dens has been sullied and that's a pity.  As you say, we move on.

I have proof he didnt. Would be interested to know the proof that he did? A taxi driver saying he did isnt proof. A hibs player told me that he didnt. He would have no reason to lie to me. 

35 minutes ago, Derry Drummer said:

I have proof he didnt. Would be interested to know the proof that he did? A taxi driver saying he did isnt proof. A hibs player told me that he didnt. He would have no reason to lie to me. 

He would if he was a ginger haired dab sympathiser!

tbh couldn’t care less, he’s gone. Can we all move on now 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Derry Drummer said:

Footballers cover dirty laundry up as much as possible - it's in their interests to do so as if they said opposite, it just takes one person to post their name and story to a social media website which could potentially cause bad repercussions in the worst case scenario. Stuff goes on that would not just be a bit embarrassing but could potentially have real legal ramifications (especially if a case is with the PFA....) or worse - the easiest policy about anything is to just shut up. If you're Neil McCann, you want as much control of what leaks from the dressing room and I'm sure that is made abundantly clear.

I don't have a position on this story (leaning towards it being nonsense because of Hibs actually signing him) so don't use it in my judgement of Bain but I think it's just a fact of life that footballers lie. So many stories with equally apparent reliable sources with completely contradictory accounts - people are at it.

Thread locked. Bain’s awa

Cho Scott and all the best ??

Jon the Basquist is the future.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1