The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
offshoredee

The Whole Bain Situation

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Derry Drummer said:

I text Si. Thats made up. He confirmed it. 

That was my first instinct as well, it's pretty accepted that Bain's done something unprofessional but I'd like to think that whatever happens behind the scenes no-one would be that much of a c**t to go out their way to try and get us to lose a game.

The person who told me was absolutely adamant, though, which is bizarre. 

6 minutes ago, TheWhiteCafu said:

That was my first instinct as well, it's pretty accepted that Bain's done something unprofessional but I'd like to think that whatever happens behind the scenes no-one would be that much of a c**t to go out their way to try and get us to lose a game.

The person who told me was absolutely adamant, though, which is bizarre. 

I was under the impression Bain was a Hearts fan, which would make helping Hibs a very odd choice. Maybe he isn't?

....the problem with these rumours is there always appears to be someone closer to the source, who's 'in the know', so the stories grow.

2 hours ago, BCram said:

Islay, I think you should always assume that everyone is having a joke WITH you. You and Gedee have entertained us with eccentric topics like the Calmac Ferries, tomato growing, long johns, Islay newspapers and council officials. The difficulty I have is sometimes I worry that YOU are not joking!:P

Hi BCram

The Information I post on this forum is factual to prevent it being “swept under the carpet”.

I have some “interesting” information regarding the Islay Ferries which the Islay Ferry Committee would love to know about but they will have to eventually read about it on this forum.

5 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

This is the sort of silly comment that makes posters give posting on forums.

*give up?

1 hour ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi BCram

The Information I post on this forum is factual to prevent it being “swept under the carpet”.

I have some “interesting” information regarding the Islay Ferries which the Islay Ferry Committee would love to know about but they will have to eventually read about it on this forum.

And your proof please ? :D

7 hours ago, Derry Drummer said:

I text Si. Thats made up. He confirmed it. 

I’d be amazed if Si and Scott hung around and text tbh. Chalk and cheese.

5 hours ago, binhoker said:

And your proof please ? :D

I intend in the future to set up a topic on the General News section of the this forum about the details of my FOI regarding late cancellations of block bookings gn the Islay to Kennacraig ferry route by the main haulier using this route. 

The figures are an “eye opener” and explains why Calmac and the haulier tried to prevent me obtaining them under my FOI request.

Calmac and the haulier would have preferred to sweep these figures “under the carpet”.

14 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately some people put posts on this forum that are not a joke and it difficult to decide which post is a joke or someone having a “pop” at me.

I understand that Islay.  I don't think anyone really has a pop at you here  - the overwhelming majority of the posters are good guys.  You are the focus of a lot of good-natured banter (which my post was) rather than being attacked.  I hope you can distinguish between the two.

4 hours ago, HK Blues said:

I understand that Islay.  I don't think anyone really has a pop at you here  - the overwhelming majority of the posters are good guys.  You are the focus of a lot of good-natured banter (which my post was) rather than being attacked.  I hope you can distinguish between the two.

HK ... "I hope you can distinguish between the two" 

I CAN...But there again I'm mair the astute kind :wacko:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

I intend in the future to set up a topic on the General News section of the this forum about the details of my FOI regarding late cancellations of block bookings gn the Islay to Kennacraig ferry route by the main haulier using this route. 

The figures are an “eye opener” and explains why Calmac and the haulier tried to prevent me obtaining them under my FOI request.

Calmac and the haulier would have preferred to sweep these figures “under the carpet”.

Thank you  sir. I have given much thought to the operation of ferries to Islay and have  found that Calmac's approach is fundamentally flawed- ferries are often  cancelled due to adverse weather conditions which has a devastating effect on passengers and cargo.

The answer is simple...........................SUBMARINES....as with the channel tunnel, the vehicle leaves from a terminal on land, ie. the submarine  enters Islay and the mainland through a tunnel to the terminal  avoiding the  hazardous transfer of passengers/cargo  from a  ferry to  a jetty/pier.  Doesn't matter if the sea is choppy or there are high winds- the submarine  is below  sea .Yes, you are wondering about the cargo capacity of a submarine---simple,  the sub tows a trailer with the cargo .The sub could be fueled from the Distillery waste  products and  tax free spirit - Additionally, a sub. could covert to all terrain vehicle once it reaches the  Islay or mainland terminal - no need to all change for Glasgow, Fortwilliam, Inversnecky. Embra .

I trust that you will raise this at the next Calmac/Islay Community Cooncil Meeting- I am happy to provide proof  of viability . p.s. The guid fowk o' Islay  will adapt to this weel as they are used to  being under the weather due to the Uisgeh Beatha .

Edited by Guest

23 minutes ago, binhoker said:

Thank you  sir. I have given much thought to the operation of ferries to Islay and have  found that Calmac's approach is fundamentally flawed- ferries are often  cancelled due to adverse weather conditions which has a devastating effect on passengers and cargo.

The answer is simple...........................SUBMARINES....as with the channel tunnel, the vehicle leaves from a terminal on land, ie. the submarine  enters Islay and the mainland through a tunnel to the terminal  avoiding the  hazardous transfer of passengers/cargo  from a  ferry to  a jetty/pier.  Doesn't matter if the sea is choppy or there are high winds- the submarine  is below  sea .Yes, you are wondering about the cargo capacity of a submarine---simple,  the sub tows a trailer with the cargo .The sub could be fueled from the Distillery waste  products and  tax free spirit - Additionally, a sub. could covert to all terrain vehicle once it reaches the  Islay or mainland terminal - no need to all change for Glasgow, Fortwilliam, Inversnecky. Embra .

I trust that you will raise this at the next Calmac/Islay Community Cooncil Meeting- I am happy to provide proof  of viability . p.s. The guid fowk o' Islay  will adapt to this weel as they are used to  being under the weather due to the Uisgeh Beatha .

Has anybody ever thought about a monorail?

7 minutes ago, binhoker said:

I trust that you will raise this at the next Calmac/Islay Community Cooncil Meeting- I am happy to provide proof  of viability .

That above post Bin tells me a lot about you freend :happyyes:

More recently, I thought your area of expertise, was strictly confined, to the overseas, financial sector.

(Mainly Nigerian Diamond & Gold Mines) Now appears I may have under-rated you. You're much more.

Usually technical ideas require deep insight to understand on initial reading.Your clarity is astounding.

Once my high regular returns appear fae meh new overseas pal (it's went quiet) would you consider me

as one of your New Investors in this Mind-Breaking (& Money making) Project? Islay will be impressed:chaplin:

9 minutes ago, Deetection said:

Has anybody ever thought about a monorail?

Deetection My Freend ... Noting you are a relatively new member o' TDBF.

Ye're surely no' the Mannie fae Edinburgh, that lead the way on ideas front:chaplin:

I think Bin' has blown Monorail Idea oot the watter...The man is pure genius :wacko:

Just now, Gedee said:

Deetection My Freend ... Noting you are a relatively new member o' TDBF.

Ye're surely no' the Mannie fae Edinburgh, that lead the way on ideas front:chaplin:

I think Bin' has blown Monorail Idea oot the watter...The man is pure genius :wacko:

I have been a long time registered observer but a fairly new poster.

And I’m a genius, but not as much of a genius as caravan Boab...

#buildamonorail 

• Funny 1

Just now, Deetection said:

#buildamonorail 

Admit it noo ... It's time tae come oot (Aye, eh'll gie ye the benefit o' the doubt)

That said, ye were mighty quick in getting back here "BOAB" And anither genius

No eh've got the "Happy Clappy Section" going, time tae start a Genius Group? :wacko:

20 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hardly.

We should be delighted that a Dundee player has chosen to join the Dee Lottery and put something back into the club that pays his salary.

Dundee FC players have previously won prizes in the Dee Promotions Christmas draws.

I love getting the Dee Promotions Christmas draw tickets through the door every year. I put them straight in the bin as I didn't ask for them and have never committed to selling them. I see it as a ridiculous waste of money sending them to every season ticket holder - must cost the club a fortune every year.

I could of course sell them and keep the money like some others do however I'm way too honest to do that.

Would be interesting to know how many people, even on here, actually sell these tickets and return the stubs and cash to the club versus the number that take either option above.

19 minutes ago, Deetection said:

#buildamonorail 

I won't have anything said against my clearly still sane mate Boab.

I demand you take back the inference in that post :lol2:

6 hours ago, HK Blues said:

Hi HK Blues,

Thank you for your post and explanation.

My wife says that I have no sense of humour. There is no grey, It is either black or white and I take everything literally. 

She has me sussed out!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

I love getting the Dee Promotions Christmas draw tickets through the door every year. I put them straight in the bin as I didn't ask for them and have never committed to selling them. I see it as a ridiculous waste of money sending them to every season ticket holder - must cost the club a fortune every year.

I could of course sell them and keep the money like some others do however I'm way too honest to do that.

Would be interesting to know how many people, even on here, actually sell these tickets and return the stubs and cash to the club versus the number that take either option above.

I buy them all myself and hope I win a prize and also happy that youth development gets my £20. I handed mine into Dens prior to Killie game.

2 hours ago, binhoker said:

Hi binhoker.

Thank you for your suggestion which seems a viable idea. I will forward your suggestion to the secretary of Islay Community Council who thinks he is a “ferry expert” for discussion at the next ICC meeting. However they all good at talking but nothing ever gets done.

Do you have proof of viability before I put forward your suggestion.

Incidentally at every ICC meeting the ferries are discussed and if you are travelling from Islay to the Mainland you have to check the weather forecast for at least a week beforehand to make sure that the ferry will sail.

We recently stayed a couple of nights in the Ardshiel Hotel in Campbeltown and it was great to be able to drive up the A83 to Dundee without worrying about whether the ferry would sail or be cancelled.

Calmac ferries used to be cancelled due to the strength of the wind and now they are also cancelled due to the swell. 

Health and safety has a lot to answer for. I suspect it is a convenient excuse to cancel the sailing due to a lack of bookings and if the sailing is cancelled due to a “weather related” reason Calmac does not have to pay compensation to affected passengers.