Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Rate the Ref: William Collum (Away, St Johnstone, 30 Dec 2017)

TheDarkBlues

Rate the Ref: William Collum (Away, St Johnstone, 30 Dec 2017)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the ref: William Collum

• Wore Opposition Shirt
    • Terrible
    • Bad
    • Average
    • Very Good
    • Perfect

• 4 months later...

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Sorry a bit off topic but still a refereeing issue. When are Hearts going to get hammered by the authorities. Every game it's the same. Players take turns fouling so not to draw attention. Deacon was brutally fouled and out for a month. Hendry was very lucky when he was wiped out near our goal line. Today, 20 fouls, 5 yellows and one red card. Unfortunately they got a point.

30 minutes ago, Blue4evr said:

Sorry a bit off topic but still a refereeing issue. When are Hearts going to get hammered by the authorities. Every game it's the same. Players take turns fouling so not to draw attention. Deacon was brutally fouled and out for a month. Hendry was very lucky when he was wiped out near our goal line. Today, 20 fouls, 5 yellows and one red card. Unfortunately they got a point.

Hearts, County, ICT, Hamilton, Saintees....all have used this 'rota fouling system' for a few years & continue to get away with it.

I find it impossible to believe the refs don't watch recordings & highlights, and discuss issues like this, and the seriously nasty players, among themselves. I thought Collum did actually take this into account at times today. Although there is the 'persistent fouling' yellow card punishment for an individual player, there's actually nothing in the laws to cover 'collective fouling' (yet).

Considering the authorities apparent reluctance to deal with other behavioural issues, eg Hamilton's now 3rd touchline rammy in a row, I don't hold out much hope for them picking this up, sadly.

15 hours ago, Blue4evr said:

In rugby, if a team is repeatedly caught offside then the referee can issue a warning whereby the next player caught is yellow carded.

Why not have a similar rule in football where persistent fouling by a team sees the next player to commit a foul booked, regardless if it’s personally their first or fifth foul. 

I’m also in favour of sin bins for cynical challenges that aren’t worth a red, but a simple booking is far too soft. 

4 hours ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

First time I've ever voted above average for a referee.

He was perfect.

Accordingly punished Saints players for their over aggressive dirty antics.

Yeah he managed the game pretty well. Saints picked up a fair number of bookings. I voted average because I thought Jonstones tackle was a howler that merited a red, but that’s the only thing he really got wrong. 

Adblock Detected