Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Lucky Charm Harris Aims To Keep Dundee’S Run Intact At St Mirren

JoeCovenant

Source: The Evening Telegraph

Dundee wideman Alex Harris admits fatigue is starting to set in after a gruelling January schedule.

But the wing-weary youngster isn’t complaining too much. He’s just happy to get some time on the pitch having not managed 90 minutes under his belt since August before joining the Dark Blues.

Hibs-loanee Harris faces an anxious wait to see if he’s in the starting line-up when Dundee travel to relegation-threatened but in-form St Mirren. However, the selection battle is a war he’s delighted to be waging, having barely been in the starting picture at Easter Road this season.

“I’m loving it here,†he said. “The main thing for me was to come to a place I was going to play games. That’s what I’m doing at Dundee, so I’m very happy.â€

The 20-year-old, who will stay at Dens Park until the end of the campaign, added: “I need to keep playing well, though, to stay in the side. It wasn’t my best performance on Wednesday. I think I’m just feeling the effects of playing.

“It has been tiring since I came. People have to remember it was August the last time I’d played 90 minutes.

“I’ve had four games since coming to Dundee in about three weeks. To be honest, though, I really can’t complain. I came here to play games and that’s exactly what I have done.â€

Harris has been a bit of a lucky charm of sorts. Since the Scotland youth international pulled on a dark blue shirt, the fortunes of Paul Hartley’s side has turned.

His debut came in the 1-1 draw with Ross County back on January 4, just hours after his temporary switch — a trade for Martin Boyle — was confirmed. Since then, he’s started the last three — scoring in the 4-1 win over Motherwell and playing the 90 minutes of the 3-3 draw at Aberdeen and Wednesday’s 1-0 win over Kilmarnock.

“We’re unbeaten since I have been here,†said Harris. It’s so far, so good for me. We are obviously keen to keep our run going. We know it won’t be easy at St Mirren — it never is going there, despite where they may be in the division. But we’re in a confident mood going into the game.â€

Ever since the summer, there’s been a lot of top-six talk coming from within Dens.

Directors, fans, players and even the manager have been keen to stop cold water being poured on their ambitions. During the tricky eight-game winless spell over the festive period, outside the dressing-room hope began to fade. But that’s never been the case from within. And new-boy Harris can see just why confidence has been so high in the camp. He is in no doubt Dundee have the players capable of mounting a top-six charge.

“A win against Killie was important,†he said. “We have aims to be in the top six and, if we are to fulfil that ambition, we have to keep winning games. The side had a good start then dropped off for a while. Now, though, we are showing we are capable of getting back in the mix.

“We have a brilliant squad here. My team-mates have been class since the minute I walked through the door. It really has been a pleasure to pull on the shirt here.â€

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Adblock Detected