Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Great Attitude From Nm In Courier

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
4 hours ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Excellent stuff - I agree with what he says about hoping new stadium will be part of attracting better players. I’m also pleased he hasn’t wavered from his desire to play attractive/ entertaining football 

Funny how we all see it differently. Other than a few minutes here and there in some games and the odd excellent move, I've been anything other than entertained by attractive football this season. I'd go as far as to suggest I've been bored rigid some weeks.

I agree with what McCann is saying about the new stadium's potential though.

9 hours ago, barkblue said:

Funny how we all see it differently. Other than a few minutes here and there in some games and the odd excellent move, I've been anything other than entertained by attractive football this season. I'd go as far as to suggest I've been bored rigid some weeks.

I agree with what McCann is saying about the new stadium's potential though.

Don't completely agree but do agree that what we've seen is some way short of open. entertaining football.

In another interview recently NM seemed to be 'managing' fans (and perhaps Management), expectations. He said something along the lines of....... we want to achieve Top 6 - but that could take some time. My recollection of his wording could be off but I thought at the time he seemed to have changed his tune since a few weeks/months ago. 

14 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

In another interview recently NM seemed to be 'managing' fans (and perhaps Management), expectations. He said something along the lines of....... we want to achieve Top 6 - but that could take some time. My recollection of his wording could be off but I thought at the time he seemed to have changed his tune since a few weeks/months ago. 

We are only 4 points away from the top six and if we continue to play the way we have, then it is doable. But personally, if we keep away from relegation and the play off spot right at the end of the season I will be happy.

1 minute ago, TheDarkBlues said:

We are only 4 points away from the top six and if we continue to play the way we have, then it is doable. But personally, if we keep away from relegation and the play off spot right at the end of the season I will be happy.

Me too.

However, IMO it was definitely a change in tone from NM. 

5 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Me too.

However, IMO it was definitely a change in tone from NM. 

He has to play two camps I suppose. In reality, it's very unlikely we'll be top 6 - we need to have an exceptionally good third round of fixtures and get a bit of fortune, our first run has maybe just made it a wee bit unlikely. He does have to manage expectations.

The route to top six is likely around 18 points. Wins over Hamilton, Killie, Ross County, Thistle, Motherwell and St Johnstone would have us to that level but obviously, football never works out like that so it's likely the case that even a Dundee side in quite good form will not win a couple of those games and we'll be battling for unanticipated points elsewhere.

To his players though, he's got to be seen as talking them up and going for the jugular. As unlikely as I said it is, there's no reason why we can't beat all those teams listed.

Think that if we can hold on to the team that we have playing just now we should have a better run of results. Poor start is very difficult to recoup. don't think there is any really safe place if we are in the bottom six, as the JD season proved. we need to be trying for top 6 as that is the only way to guarantee safety.

Edited by BCram

10 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Another good read from the" The Sun" of all people. Had to read it three times because I couldn't believe they published this article concerning our club.

Basically, our Neil has had enough of us selling players on the cheap. He is obviously  trying his best to up the price for Hendry if he goes.

The bit I liked the best was,  we take a chance on players nobody else seemed interested in. We bring them in and try to develop them.So basically we won't drop our drawers at the first offer from Celtic or anybody else as for that matter.

This could get very interesting because if he does go during this window it may be for the first time in recent years we will not be bullied.

Just my thoughts 

Adblock Detected