Jump to content
The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Guest

Jack Hendry

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

We now have Meekings injured.

 

39 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

No idea.

Cool.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Personally I think this is Celtic's way of weakening other clubs in Scotland.

I don't really see this mate. I think you might have a point with both Celtic and Rangers plundering Aberdeen's team at the end of last season as they were the nearest thing to a challenge to Celtic and the team most likely to stop Rangers getting into Europe.

However, what real benefit is there for Celtic to come and take the best player from a team that haven't beat them in a couple of decades or so? It's not like they need us weaker and in reality you could argue it helps them to have the rest of the league nicking points off each other. That way they can trot along to the league and 'concentrate on Europe'. 

I think it's more to do with Celtic believing that picking up Scottish players is the cheap option. For every Armstrong, they're willing to have a GMS and Cifti because it's a low risk strategy when they know they will be picking up European cash every season.

 

7 hours ago, harry94 said:

If Celtic are wanting him, I really don't see how it would be in their interest to take him immediately. He could do very well with the style of their play but he's needing to get his first proper season under his belt and stalling that is going to be to his detriment.

Because Rodgers probably believes that he's the best person to coach him and take him to the next level. Whether that's correct or not, I've little doubt he and Celtic believe it to be. It's clear he doesn't rate anything else happening up here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

How long is Meekings out for?

 

From Meekings twitter feed. 

Josh Meekings @JoshMeekings24 Jan 27

More

Buzzing for @mattyhenvey with his goal! Massive three points, boys proved we can dig deep until the end and thought we rightly picked up all 3 points! Hoping quad injury isn’t too serious, some big games ahead! ⚽️#thedee

8 replies17 retweets321 likes
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, barkblue said:

I don't really see this mate. I think you might have a point with both Celtic and Rangers plundering Aberdeen's team at the end of last season as they were the nearest thing to a challenge to Celtic and the team most likely to stop Rangers getting into Europe.

However, what real benefit is there for Celtic to come and take the best player from a team that haven't beat them in a couple of decades or so? It's not like they need us weaker and in reality you could argue it helps them to have the rest of the league nicking points off each other. That way they can trot along to the league and 'concentrate on Europe'. 

I think it's more to do with Celtic believing that picking up Scottish players is the cheap option. For every Armstrong, they're willing to have a GMS and Cifti because it's a low risk strategy when they know they will be picking up European cash every season.

Agree with all of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see this excellent piece of advice for the Dundee board from Mr Rogers tonight...

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we lose hendry and Allan today we may go into a dabbie freefall,other players will be looking around thinking that's just sh*t,our spine has been ripped out just as we were getting somewhere.

C'mon Mr Nelms and Mr Keys lets stand up to the monopoly Ugly sister and tell them to ram it,like the sheep have done,and slap an 8 figure sum on his head.

Then get him signed for another few years to build a proper football team around,on a tasty contract.:rant:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be extremely angry and disappointed if reports are correct, with the BBC reporting Celtic are close to signing Hendry and Bain and Allan going to Hibs. 

Two of our best players just gone on the last day of the window. That will put us in free fall especially with a number of winnable games coming up before a hard run before the split. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rosco said:

I will be extremely angry and disappointed if reports are correct, with the BBC reporting Celtic are close to signing Hendry and Bain and Allan going to Hibs. 

Two of our best players just gone on the last day of the window. That will put us in free fall especially with a number of winnable games coming up before a hard run before the split. 

Stop being a drama queen. Allan's not our player so we have no control over that and as for Bain well who cares?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Allan is away at least Gowser will playing every week for 90 mins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Ian Mitchell said:

Stop being a drama queen. Allan's not our player so we have no control over that and as for Bain well who cares?

Basically swapping Allan (arguably one of our best players) for Murray. 

Not fussed about Bain really. 

You seem to be happy with letting two of your best players leave the club on the last day of the window. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion it is all Craig Gordon’s fault.

If he had not got crocked last Saturday Scott Bain would not be going on loan to Celtic and Scott Allan would have remained at Dens for the rest of this season.

Of course it could a Celtic conspiracy to weaken us and help fellow Glasgow Premier League Club Partick Thistle finish in 10th place or higher at the end of this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take the Hendry situation out for a second here. 

Nothings concrete yet so everything is hypothetical but lets say it happens.

Celtic have recalled a loan signing, we have no control at all in if he stays or leaves. After he leaves it not our business. 

We have signed Hibs top goal scorer?

We may be getting £1 Million for a player who hasnt played a full season for anyone yet and we signed for free and could get a good sell on clause?

The slavour from people on here is madness.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rosco said:

Basically swapping Allan (arguably one of our best players) for Murray. 

Not fussed about Bain really. 

You seem to be happy with letting two of your best players leave the club on the last day of the window. 

How can I put in words you'll understand. He is not our player, we are not in a position to swap, sell or retain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ian Mitchell said:

How can I put in words you'll understand. He is not our player, we are not in a position to swap, sell or retain.

Celtic cancelling Allan's loan deal early (and on deadline day) to send him to Hibs was not a reasonable thing to do. Even if they were prepared to fuck us over like that, we held a very important card (Hendry).

If Nelms was adamant that Allan staying was vital in our battle to avoid the drop Celtic would surely have accepted that. If we'd said the Hendry deal was off if they sent Allan to Hibs then they most certainly would have agreed to leave the player at Dens.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Celtic cancelling Allan's loan deal early (and on deadline day) to send him to Hibs was not a reasonable thing to do. Even if they were prepared to fuck us over like that, we held a very important card (Hendry).

If Nelms was adamant that Allan staying was vital in our battle to avoid the drop Celtic would surely have accepted that. If we'd said the Hendry deal was off if they sent Allan to Hibs then they most certainly would have agreed to leave the player at Dens.

We did the same with Bain. I'm not getting all the outrage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

We did the same with Bain. I'm not getting all the outrage.

Hibs took Bain to sit on the bench, maybe offer a bit of competition and possibly to take a look at him with a view to a permanent signing in the summer. They would have been quite happy to let Bain go to Celtic if it smoothed Scott Allan's move to Easter Road. Hibs already have Laidlaw as back-up so the loss of Bain will not affect them.

Allan was described this week by O'Hara as a "massive player" for us just now and Gartland said his ability was "ridiculous". If he's so highly rated at the club you'd think we would have fought to keep him at Dens but that doesn't appear to be the case.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cobra said:

Hibs took Bain to sit on the bench, maybe offer a bit of competition and possibly to take a look at him with a view to a permanent signing in the summer. They would have been quite happy to let Bain go to Celtic if it smoothed Scott Allan's move to Easter Road. Hibs already have Laidlaw as back-up so the loss of Bain will not affect them.

Allan was described this week by O'Hara as a "massive player" for us just now and Gartland said his ability was "ridiculous". If he's so highly rated at the club you'd think we would have fought to keep him at Dens but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Unless it's because we had to let Allan go to get Hendry back on loan, then it makes sense as I'd say Hendry is more vital to our chance of staying up than Allan. However if we don't get Hendry back then your spot on and it's a bizarre situation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now announced! Ok got a million but surely could have kept Allan?! Squad now not as good as yesterday lost Hendry and Allan and got in Murray!!!!!!!!;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.