The Dark Blues

Jack Hendry

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, DBDU said:

Tell the rats to beat it .. rancid club along with their Ugly sister !

They know the starting price its 1.5m or they can GTF !! 

I'm sorry but i think we should be arguing that playing regular first team football against the likes of Celtic and Rangers and Aberdeen might be worth much more to the development of his talent and future career than moving to Celtic when he is unlikely to be guaranteed a starting slot. I think it undermines the whole point of persuading young promising players to come to Dens and benefit from the coaching and first team playing experience if we say, at the first time of asking, yes he can go for £XXX. That's not primarily why he is with us. He came because we can give him the experience he needs to advance and it seems to me that he will learn more playing for us in the SPFL than going to Celtic and possibly  warming benches and flitting about the development league or going out on loan to another team. 

Edited by BCram
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hendry's value isn't going to drop between now and the summertime. We should NOT be rushed into selling him early just because Septic feel they have a divine right to take whomever they want whenever

Take the Hendry situation out for a second here.  Nothings concrete yet so everything is hypothetical but lets say it happens. Celtic have recalled a loan signing, we have no control at all

Celtic fans are incredible... five minutes ago they were aghast at the thought of their club paying £1.5m for Hendry.  Now that there appears to be serious interest in the player from the EPL, ma

44 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Sorry to say boys but hendry is away whether we like it or not, he's a Celtic man and because they have lodged a low bid and we have rejected it hendry wil now go to nm and the board and say he wants to go and we will get f**king peanuts for him on Wednesday leaving us no time to replace him. And if that doesn't happen and he stays I will be amazed

Let's hope that Hendry has been down the bigger wages route and knows how it works. It's a Catch 22, you don't get the game time because you don't get picked for the first team because you don't have the game time. hope we are all amazed!

On 22/01/2018 at 16:34, harry94 said:

I get your point but I do think it is probably true that Scottish teams always value their players much less than they should. The resulting chaos when they do leave pretty much always goes into 7 figures and the first attempt to rectify the loss with a signing very rarely works out.

I'm in the camp that anything below 7 figures + clauses is quite disappointing. I don't really see a comfortable profit margin for the club with anything below that when you look at the sort of risk involved and how we could be a couple of league places worse off. It's pretty difficult to quantify how severe relegation is and how much money the club is starved of but you can argue that even a couple of years down could take it comfortably past £10 million considering the reduced fan base and failure to sign talent.

Thistle and maybe even Motherwell could have massive regrets six months down the line.

Liam Lindsay is the subjest of speculation down south that he may move for £6m already.   Thats the ball park when a player suddenly crosses that border.

I am gettig mair than a bit confused, with awe this, fun & kidology, around prospective offers forJH :wacko:

For the sake of clarity (& what remains of my sanity) ... What'd be an acceptable offer & what will it be?

17 minutes ago, BCram said:

I'm sorry but i think we should be arguing that playing regular first team football against the likes of Celtic and Rangers and Aberdeen might be worth much more to the development of his talent and future career than moving to Celtic when he is unlikely to be guaranteed a starting slot. I think it undermines the whole point of persuading young promising players to come to Dens and benefit from the coaching and first team playing experience if we say, at the first time of asking, yes he can go for £XXX. That's not primarily why he is with us. He came because we can give him the experience he needs to advance and it seems to me that he will learn more playing for us in the SPFL than going to Celtic and possibly  warming benches and flitting about the development league or going out on loan to another team. 

I 100% agree that we would benefit from keeping hold of  Jack and that he would also long term benefit from another couple of years at dens ... BUT there are more factors to consider not only the fact £1.5m + to our club can go a long way ( providing we can stay up which I believe we would even without Jack ) but also the fact is more than likely Jack will want to move too now that all these clubs are seemingly interested .

He is a top prospect with ambition and will be desperate to prove himself at the top level so you also need to consider the players wishes because seldom is it worth holding on to anyone who no longer wants to be someplace !

Personally weighing everything up and assuming Jack would himself welcome a move to a bigger club  my ideal scenario would be selling him to a club outside of Scotland for £1.5m+ with him staying on loan until end of season and a big sell on clause in his contract !

• Like 1
  • Administrator

From a Celtic Blog

There’s a lot of social media criticism today of Neil McCann for breaking confidentiality and lashing out at Celtic for the bid we have allegedly submitted for Jack Hendry. This is providing that it was us he was talking about; nowhere in his published statements does he name our club, but he’s dropped some pretty big hints about it that there’s little doubt who he means.

Read the rest here.

https://thecelticblog.com/2018/01/blogs/mccann-is-unprofessional-but-dundee-would-be-right-to-call-foul-over-a-very-low-hendry-bid/

It starts off lambasting and demonising Neil McCann for the way he broke the news regarding their feeble offer attempt for Hendry. It's eludes to 'how dare McCann do this to us, don't you know who we are' blog, and right at the end, it's kinda like the guy as dementia as he goes on to say that 'if Hendry is worth 1.5 million then Celtic should stop pissing about and pay up what he is worth'.

Celtic Fans, deluded to how important they think their club is in this world.

36 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

From a Celtic Blog

Read the rest here.

https://thecelticblog.com/2018/01/blogs/mccann-is-unprofessional-but-dundee-would-be-right-to-call-foul-over-a-very-low-hendry-bid/

It starts off lambasting and demonising Neil McCann for the way he broke the news regarding their feeble offer attempt for Hendry. It's eludes to 'how dare McCann do this to us, don't you know who we are' blog, and right at the end, it's kinda like the guy as dementia as he goes on to say that 'if Hendry is worth 1.5 million then Celtic should stop pissing about and pay up what he is worth'.

Celtic Fans, deluded to how important they think their club is in this world.

Pissin’ myself reading that!! Boy’s banging on about how they do everything by the book and in the most professional manner and that McCann stating publicly that we’ve knocked back a low bid is unprofessional ....meanwhile Brendan’s in the press today saying EXACTLY the same thing about Dembele!! Belter!! :lol2:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

There is NO chance of him leaving in January, as replied to me by a few posters on here, when I suggested he might go (and we should be prepared for it).  

Edited by Dondeh
  • Wowzer 1
4 hours ago, BCram said:

I doubt Celtic intend to have him warming a bench, too good for that. If they did then a loan deal to the end of the season would be likely but there is no suggestion of that from any of the interest shown.

I’m 52 on Thursday (Feb 1st) and I reckon

Jack Hendree

Will still be a Dee

On my birthDee. 

(f**k you Rabbie Burns - a modern day McGonnagall emerges)

Edited by Guest

What people forget is his age, Hendry is 22, coming 23 soon enough. He is naw a young laddie anymair, this has been first real full season, having went from Peterborough, DABs, Partick, Wigan (2 loan spells) Hopefully he realises that he needs to remain here to complete his first full season. 

Or he may end up like Scott Allan, a lost boy in the Hinterland of Celtic Reserves, still being loaned out 

5 hours ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Sorry to say boys but hendry is away whether we like it or not, he's a Celtic man and because they have lodged a low bid and we have rejected it hendry wil now go to nm and the board and say he wants to go and we will get f**king peanuts for him on Wednesday leaving us no time to replace him. And if that doesn't happen and he stays I will be amazed

Wants to go and sit on the bench at Celtic and ruin his career...

1 minute ago, Spanish Jon said:

What people forget is his age, Hendry is 22, coming 23 soon enough. He is naw a young laddie anymair, this has been first real full season, having went from Peterborough, DABs, Partick, Wigan (2 loan spells) Hopefully he realises that he needs to remain here to complete his first full season. 

Or he may end up like Scott Allan, a lost boy in the Hinterland of Celtic Reserves, still being loaned out 

He will end up like Scott Allan...

5 hours ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Sadly I agree his head will get turned after Hamilton and before he gets cup tied on Tuesday