The Dark Blues

Jack Hendry

Rate this topic

Just hope the laddie has his head screwed on and realises playing for us will make him a Scotland international...playing for Celtic will make him a football nomad just drifting from team to team until his contract runs down ..if Scott Allen stayed at united I've no doubt he'd have been capped by now and playing at a higher level than us 

• Like 2
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hendry's value isn't going to drop between now and the summertime. We should NOT be rushed into selling him early just because Septic feel they have a divine right to take whomever they want whenever

Take the Hendry situation out for a second here.  Nothings concrete yet so everything is hypothetical but lets say it happens. Celtic have recalled a loan signing, we have no control at all

Celtic fans are incredible... five minutes ago they were aghast at the thought of their club paying £1.5m for Hendry.  Now that there appears to be serious interest in the player from the EPL, ma

Hopefully he will look at big McKenna at AFC and Souttar at Hearts and think: Stay at a smaller club like them two and ah can shine and force my way into the international set up.

Edited by Spanish Jon
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Spanish Jon said:

What people forget is his age, Hendry is 22, coming 23 soon enough. He is naw a young laddie anymair, this has been first real full season, having went from Peterborough, DABs, Partick, Wigan (2 loan spells) Hopefully he realises that he needs to remain here to complete his first full season. 

Never knew he started at Peterborough. Any idea how that came about? 

20 minutes ago, charliedee said:

Just hope the laddie has his head screwed on and realises playing for us will make him a Scotland international...playing for Celtic will make him a football nomad just drifting from team to team until his contract runs down ..if Scott Allen stayed at united I've no doubt he'd have been capped by now and playing at a higher level than us 

He’ll never become a regular Scotland international playing for Dundee. Signing for Celtic will quite possibly set him up for life. Playing for Dundee won’t im afraid. Scott Allan left to go South, exactly the move a lot here are telling Jack to do. 

13 minutes ago, Spanish Jon said:

Hopefully he will look at big McKenna at AFC and Souttar at Hearts and think: Stay at a smaller club like them two and ah can shine and force my way into the international set up.

McKenna and Souttar were always recognised as two of the brightest talents coming through in Scotland, Jack wasn’t lavished with such praise. I believe Jack is better than Souttar though, by a distance. John Souttar’s progression has stagnated quite badly during the final 6/12 months at Tannadice. McKenna is more typical Scottish defender, which will sadly see him get more of a chance at the national team. That and he plays for Aberdeen.

1 minute ago, WeighorstsWang said:

He’ll never become a regular Scotland international playing for Dundee. Signing for Celtic will quite possibly set him up for life. Playing for Dundee won’t im afraid. Scott Allan left to go South, exactly the move a lot here are telling Jack to do. 

McKenna and Souttar were always recognised as two of the brightest talents coming through in Scotland, Jack wasn’t lavished with such praise. I believe Jack is better than Souttar though, by a distance. John Souttar’s progression has stagnated quite badly during the final 6/12 months at Tannadice. McKenna is more typical Scottish defender, which will sadly see him get more of a chance at the national team. That and he plays for Aberdeen.

Regards to Peterborough mate idk I just noticed on Football Manager he is listed as having started out with Posh, he also has Welsh as his 2nd nationality so it is definetely worth someone ITK shining some light on this for us eh 

IMO I disagree pal I think Souttar has edged it playing under Levein (controversial, but I think he is a brilliant manager) while learning from seasoned internationals like Hughes and Berra (what a signing that has been) 

1 minute ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Scott Allan played about 4 games for united ..hendry stays with us and I'm positive he'll be included in our national teams squad this year he f***s off to sit on Celtics bench he won't ...

1 hour ago, Spanish Jon said:

Wonder if there might be a substantial case for the type of analogy given by Spanish  Jon. Are we able to provide case histories of players who have been with us for a couple of seasons and then moved on to success, and compare those whose heads were turned and moved "too soon" and ended up with a much lesser career. It's an argument in favour of the player and perhaps there are few who may be advising him that will make this point. NM should be a very persuasive advocate for building a career. I think we should at least have this argument well prepared with convincing examples to illustrate the worth of staying with a team that understands how to build a successful strategy for both the team and their players. 

• Like 1

McCann has said he doesn't need to, or want to sell his main players, and said it more often than he's said anything about Hendry in response to the regular questions.

We have no need to sell him now. He's got 18 months left on his contract, we'll still get more in summer....once we've confirmed our SPL status :)  

Waste of energy debating it over & over again, and reading the hogwash on Celtic blogs/forums, I think.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

If Celtic want him that much, they can wait for the summer (at least) - he isn't going to transform their season but might ours.  

It's a tricky one, but hopefully his head is screwed on, and that he has learned from his experiences and willing to sit tight until the summer.  

Ideal scenario - Celtic walk away and we can make it to the summer unscathed and we take stock then.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Bubster said:

Wearing a watch worth more than most people's cars / some people's houses?

Eh've got a watch eh bought oot o' Lidl Bubster ... See these Nigerian Fowk :(

• Administrator
19 hours ago, Bubster said:

In that persons defence I think that's more a pop at the "Daily Ranger" than Dundee FC.

Alluding to the fact they apparently ran a story that Hamilton refusing bids for Docherty was out of order and tantamount to standing in the way of his dreams just to be greedy.

I just read Celtic and Rangers and see two cheeks on the same arse regardless of what they say.

5 hours ago, HK Blues said:

If Celtic want him that much, they can wait for the summer (at least) - he isn't going to transform their season but might ours.  

It's a tricky one, but hopefully his head is screwed on, and that he has learned from his experiences and willing to sit tight until the summer.  

Ideal scenario - Celtic walk away and we can make it to the summer unscathed and we take stock then.

Yes, exactly. Hopefully the team can achieve something.

15 hours ago, Dondeh said:

There is NO chance of him leaving in January, as replied to me by a few posters on here, when I suggested he might go (and we should be prepared for it).  

Cyber coconut to you if he leaves then. Congrats in advance.:wacko: