The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  

Jack Hendry

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, Gowrie Dee 1962 said:

Now announced! Ok got a million but surely could have kept Allan?! Squad now not as good as yesterday lost Hendry and Allan and got in Murray!!!!!!!!;

Allan isnt our player!

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

Hibs took Bain to sit on the bench, maybe offer a bit of competition and possibly to take a look at him with a view to a permanent signing in the summer. They would have been quite happy to let Bain go to Celtic if it smoothed Scott Allan's move to Easter Road. Hibs already have Laidlaw as back-up so the loss of Bain will not affect them.

Allan was described this week by O'Hara as a "massive player" for us just now and Gartland said his ability was "ridiculous". If he's so highly rated at the club you'd think we would have fought to keep him at Dens but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Understand your frustration mate but Allan was not our player. Celtic held all the cards here (assuming they had a recall clause) so there is nothing we can do about it. 

Arguably we could have held onto Bain to feck them over, but for all we know, for example, Celtic could be picking up Beakers wages in return for getting Bain in on loan instead of transfer (I doubt Celtic would want Bain long term). 

Its been a crap window but I think we need to have some kind of faith in NM and the board; they are not stupid and I’m sure neither would’ve entered or sanctioned any of the transactions if they felt it wasn’t for the benefit of the club. 

Yes, I’m trying to convince myself, but keep the faith. Allan has not really been that much of an impact player this season that we might have thought he would have at the start of the season. With regards to Hendry, we were never going to keep him. The Dees have always been and always will be a selling club. That’s the reality. At least we held out rather than accepting the first derisory bid.  Let’s hope O’Dea finds last season’s form.

Also let’s get behind Beaker. He can score goals at this level and although Allan has gone, Moussa and Elbak have squandered plenty of gilt edge chances whilst Allan has been sat in the bench so the goal scoring opportunities are still there for Murray to take. 

• Star Post 2

The Hendry transfer is a disgusting kick in the nuts.

Club need to explain this one. 

f**king madness to lose your best CH with no replacement.

• Like 1

DUNDEE FC

The club can confirm that we have sold Jack Hendry to Celtic and received a undisclosed club record fee plus add ons.

Record breaking fee. Whats our fee?

2 minutes ago, Derry Drummer said:

1.2m for rab douglas i believe 

2 minutes ago, Derry Drummer said:

Saw that too. Did we not get £1.2 million for Rab and a million for CC33? The deal was perhaps over £1m

£1.2 plus add ons i heard. 

We have a lot of centre halves and a club record fee is not to be sniffed at.

Disappointed about Allan but onwards and upwards.

Hopefully Waddell will get more game time and excell.

• Like 2

Waddell did well at ICT and is very young for a CH. Just hope Meekings is ok for Saturday. NM doesn't have long to judge the new boy before Ross co game.

O’Dea will be loving life knowing he will slot right back into the team even after his recent awful performances.

I just hope we have something up our sleeves and the money from Hendry will allow us to bring in maybe another 2-3  free agents of a good standard.

It has been an awful day but we might get through this 

selling a player we got for free 6 months ago for a club record fee doesn't sound too bad when saying it like that. he'll be sorely missed but i think we'll be fine to see the season out with the current squad.

Is it too late to bring players in on loan? 

26 minutes ago, Bubster said:

The Hendry transfer is a disgusting kick in the nuts.

Club need to explain this one. 

f**king madness to lose your best CH with no replacement.

So we’re meant to just turn down a club record fee?

Blame Celtic for waiting so late to match the valuation. 

4 minutes ago, markthedee said:

No, they should have put a rival (?) clubs first and pandered to us. After all, I'm sure that's how we've treated smaller clubs when we've plucked their best players. 

There appears to be a case of double standards here by Celtic. 

They signed Lewis Morgan from St Mirren earlier in January for £300k and immediately loaned him back to St Mirren for the rest of this season yet Jack Hendry is not being loaned back to Dundee for the remainder of this season.

I suspect that Celtic are keen for St Mirren another football club in the Greater Glasgow area to be promoted to the Premier League at the end of this season. 

He certainly wasn’t slow at updating his twitter. 

4 hours ago, markthedee said:

Frankly, yes.

It became apparent as the day goes on we are being sold a pup by Celtic/Hibs.

Pull the plug on the one deal we are in control of. 

Motherwell took a bold stance to avoid losing their goalkeeper to Celtic for a very good fee, they put football before finance.

They looked at a key player in a crucial position and said "we can't adequately replace him in the time allowed so no thank you" andrejected the offer. They probably won't ever see an offer if that value for him again so it was a   real statement that they put their club and their stability first.

The only way the Hendry sale makes sense is with a loan back.

• Like 3

4.5 years is a long contract. Hope the laddie negotiated a good salary for himself and can set himself up on the back of this. I wish him all the best, hope he does well and look forward to seeing him in the Scotland squad very soon. 

6 hours ago, markthedee said:

Blame Celtic......? There's no way we weren't aware that this wasn't happening IMO, we had no-one lined up and will no doubt sign some free agent or other to try and plug the considerable gap left. Considering the way the manager has us set up to play from the back are you comfortable the players left are the right ones to be able to handle this?

Maybe we've played a blinder here but I'm struggling to see it just now

7 hours ago, DFC1974 said:

Understand your frustration mate but Allan was not our player. Celtic held all the cards here (assuming they had a recall clause) so there is nothing we can do about it. 

Arguably we could have held onto Bain to feck them over, but for all we know, for example, Celtic could be picking up Beakers wages in return for getting Bain in on loan instead of transfer (I doubt Celtic would want Bain long term). 

Its been a crap window but I think we need to have some kind of faith in NM and the board; they are not stupid and I’m sure neither would’ve entered or sanctioned any of the transactions if they felt it wasn’t for the benefit of the club. 

Yes, I’m trying to convince myself, but keep the faith. Allan has not really been that much of an impact player this season that we might have thought he would have at the start of the season. With regards to Hendry, we were never going to keep him. The Dees have always been and always will be a selling club. That’s the reality. At least we held out rather than accepting the first derisory bid.  Let’s hope O’Dea finds last season’s form.

Also let’s get behind Beaker. He can score goals at this level and although Allan has gone, Moussa and Elbak have squandered plenty of gilt edge chances whilst Allan has been sat in the bench so the goal scoring opportunities are still there for Murray to take. 

I don't agree with this at all.

We held all the aces as far as I was concerned and we showed our hand to soon and complete bottled it !

celtic needed a keeper and a decent experienced  one at that and Motherwell refused to be bullied ( Unlike us ) so they desperately needed Bain... We could qui9te easily of said NO !

Celtic were also clearly wanting Hendry and again with a year and a half still to go on his contract we had no reason in to just hand him over !!

The deal should have been we KEEP Allan if Hendry  isn't returning on loan OR WE accept your bid and you can have bain and Allan back but Jack stays on loan until end of the season and if those terms aren't acceptable you have 10 minutes to find yourself another keeper and Hendry is still a Dundee player until end of the season at least ! 

We BLEW IT !!

• Like 1