Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Jack Hendry

2 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

Absolutely we should keep him and put a £2m price tag on him. Celtic have zero long term strategy. They should be thinking about the SPL product and not be trying to weaken teams around them by buying up their talent only to bench it and ruin players careers. If the league was stronger it would make more money in TV revenue and Celtic would do better in the Champions League instead of being hammered 6 - 0.

Celtic are parasites. In fact the Old Firm always have been :)

I hope the club stick to their guns over the price and keep saying no the same way Aberdeen to Hull over their defender. I wish McCann has just said he is not for sale and it will take a lot of money before we even think of selling him.

The league is run just for Celtic and Rangers, the other clubs are an after thought and until this changes the league will stay the same.

I was hilarious watching them getting beat 6-1 and 6-0 in that league, so much for the unbeatable! I loved the fact that they showed them no respect at all and were shown up for how bad they really are.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

If Jack's in any way conflicted right now he should head over to the Celtic Forum and check out what the no brains are saying about the proposed move.

Jack, stay here, where you're appreciated until it is obvious you are a potential superstar.

Then you will have the pick of suitors down south.

Everybody wins....except those Celtic chunts! :lol2:

• Like 2

If Celtic are wanting him, I really don't see how it would be in their interest to take him immediately. He could do very well with the style of their play but he's needing to get his first proper season under his belt and stalling that is going to be to his detriment.

If Rodgers wants to beat the summer rush and secure a deal now for him to move on in June, our board should be holding out for a reasonable amount of money and secure 7 figures with some really good clauses in it. That would give Celtic a very good deal in terms of getting him now ahead of what could be a more competitive summer market (particularly if he receives a Scotland call up which I think is a very real possibility) and at least give all parties some closure and the time and resources for McCann to plan for next season. If they aren't serious, they can fuck off and his stock will still be high in the summer.

McCann needing to scramble around on deadline day and come up with someone else is a high risk strategy. United kind of threw money at Robbie Muirhead at the last minute to react to player departures and ended up with an absolute walloper who cost them quite a lot. We could be OK but I hate the strategy of being unsettled at this time of the season. Get a good result up in the Highlands on Saturday and we're playing in the last 16 of the cup with the view of reaching the last 8 with a couple of lower league teams guaranteed to be in the draw - we could be in a really exciting position or at worst, get some decent money. The league is also really tight and I wouldn't be surprised if we finished 6th or 11th - Hendry leaving could put us in real danger.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

If Celtic are wanting him, I really don't see how it would be in their interest to take him immediately. He could do very well with the style of their play but he's needing to get his first proper season under his belt and stalling that is going to be to his detriment.

If Rodgers wants to beat the summer rush and secure a deal now for him to move on in June, our board should be holding out for a reasonable amount of money and secure 7 figures with some really good clauses in it. That would give Celtic a very good deal in terms of getting him now ahead of what could be a more competitive summer market (particularly if he receives a Scotland call up which I think is a very real possibility) and at least give all parties some closure and the time and resources for McCann to plan for next season. If they aren't serious, they can f**k off and his stock will still be high in the summer.

McCann needing to scramble around on deadline day and come up with someone else is a high risk strategy. United kind of threw money at Robbie Muirhead at the last minute to react to player departures and ended up with an absolute walloper who cost them quite a lot. We could be OK but I hate the strategy of being unsettled at this time of the season. Get a good result up in the Highlands on Saturday and we're playing in the last 16 of the cup with the view of reaching the last 8 with a couple of lower league teams guaranteed to be in the draw - we could be in a really exciting position or at worst, get some decent money. The league is also really tight and I wouldn't be surprised if we finished 6th or 11th - Hendry leaving could put us in real danger.

Agree.  Unless he can get loaned back to us, he needs to stay.  

26 minutes ago, Budgem said:

Aberdeen knock back a FOURTH bid for Scott McKenna. 

Primarily because McInnes has said he's going nowhere. Now that's how to treat them and their derisory bids!

To be fair, I got a brilliant laugh last week at it all. 

Hull City : We’d like to offer £300,000 for your defender Scott McKenna. 

Aberdeen : Apologies, that’s not a sufficient offer for us to consider selling Scott. 

Two day silence.

Hull City : Hello, again. We’d like to offer £300,000 for your central defender Scott McKenna. 

Aberdeen : f**k off he’s not for sale. 

:lol: 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I hope the club stick to their guns over the price and keep saying no the same way Aberdeen to Hull over their defender. I wish McCann has just said he is not for sale and it will take a lot of money before we even think of selling him.

The league is run just for Celtic and Rangers, the other clubs are an after thought and until this changes the league will stay the same.

I was hilarious watching them getting beat 6-1 and 6-0 in that league, so much for the unbeatable! I loved the fact that they showed them no respect at all and were shown up for how bad they really are.

Yes, Celtic aren't that good...that's why they should be thinking about making the league a better product. Teams in this league (SPL) show them far too much respect too. Look at that Hearts 4 - 0 win. Shows it can be done.

55 minutes ago, harry94 said:

If Rodgers wants to beat the summer rush and secure a deal now for him to move on in June, our board should be holding out for a reasonable amount of money and secure 7 figures with some really good clauses in it. That would give Celtic a very good deal in terms of getting him now ahead of what could be a more competitive summer market (particularly if he receives a Scotland call up which I think is a very real possibility) and at least give all parties some closure and the time and resources for McCann to plan for next season. If they aren't serious, they can f**k off and his stock will still be high in the summer.

Exactly please let's keep him. If we managed to get a decent striker in we would have the spine of a decent team in Hendry, Kamara, Allan plus striker. Something to build around.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

harry94, that's a tough Saturday you've got lined up for us on the weekend. A cup game up in Inverness then I guess we get on back down the road for County's visit at Den's in the afternoon. Or we could go for a split squad and use every available player we've got, and play the games at the same time although I for one would lodge an official complaint with the SFA, SPFL, UEFA, and FIFA just for good measure. 

It could also dent the travelling support severely! ....... Just takin' the p*ss harry I know what you meant, but the thought of having to play twice in one day seemed quite funny. We may have had to give the SFA the red card again for such an unfair schedule!

Because this thread is about Hendry let me just say that any club looking to get him should be told to do one, and we'll worry about this situation after the season so as to not be both rushed into a bad deal, and weakened for the last half of the season.

Edited by Stampguy
  • Like 1

This is typical tactics by Celtic. Offer a low amount to get the player unsettled and hope that they can sign him on the cheap to weaken the opposition.

Celtic are so far ahead in this seaon’s League that they do not require new players in this transfer window.

In my opionion the Dundee directors should do what Patrick Barclay says and slap a ten million price tag on Jack Hendry. Then Celtic can decide if he is worth the money and get their cheque book out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

The league is also really tight and I wouldn't be surprised if we finished 6th or 11th - Hendry leaving could put us in real danger.

Been saying the same since December. And I do not apologise one bit.  

We now have the possibility of an injury to Meekings.

As I said above...... a nightmare scenario. 

Adblock Detected