Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Jack Hendry

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
9 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Personally I think this is Celtic's way of weakening other clubs in Scotland.

I don't really see this mate. I think you might have a point with both Celtic and Rangers plundering Aberdeen's team at the end of last season as they were the nearest thing to a challenge to Celtic and the team most likely to stop Rangers getting into Europe.

However, what real benefit is there for Celtic to come and take the best player from a team that haven't beat them in a couple of decades or so? It's not like they need us weaker and in reality you could argue it helps them to have the rest of the league nicking points off each other. That way they can trot along to the league and 'concentrate on Europe'. 

I think it's more to do with Celtic believing that picking up Scottish players is the cheap option. For every Armstrong, they're willing to have a GMS and Cifti because it's a low risk strategy when they know they will be picking up European cash every season.

7 hours ago, harry94 said:

If Celtic are wanting him, I really don't see how it would be in their interest to take him immediately. He could do very well with the style of their play but he's needing to get his first proper season under his belt and stalling that is going to be to his detriment.

Because Rodgers probably believes that he's the best person to coach him and take him to the next level. Whether that's correct or not, I've little doubt he and Celtic believe it to be. It's clear he doesn't rate anything else happening up here.

2 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

How long is Meekings out for?

From Meekings twitter feed. 

Josh Meekings @JoshMeekings24 Jan 27

More

Buzzing for @mattyhenvey with his goal! Massive three points, boys proved we can dig deep until the end and thought we rightly picked up all 3 points! Hoping quad injury isn’t too serious, some big games ahead! ⚽️#thedee

8 replies17 retweets321 likes

6 minutes ago, barkblue said:

I don't really see this mate. I think you might have a point with both Celtic and Rangers plundering Aberdeen's team at the end of last season as they were the nearest thing to a challenge to Celtic and the team most likely to stop Rangers getting into Europe.

However, what real benefit is there for Celtic to come and take the best player from a team that haven't beat them in a couple of decades or so? It's not like they need us weaker and in reality you could argue it helps them to have the rest of the league nicking points off each other. That way they can trot along to the league and 'concentrate on Europe'. 

I think it's more to do with Celtic believing that picking up Scottish players is the cheap option. For every Armstrong, they're willing to have a GMS and Cifti because it's a low risk strategy when they know they will be picking up European cash every season.

Agree with all of this.

If we lose hendry and Allan today we may go into a dabbie freefall,other players will be looking around thinking that's just sh*t,our spine has been ripped out just as we were getting somewhere.

C'mon Mr Nelms and Mr Keys lets stand up to the monopoly Ugly sister and tell them to ram it,like the sheep have done,and slap an 8 figure sum on his head.

Then get him signed for another few years to build a proper football team around,on a tasty contract.:rant:

I will be extremely angry and disappointed if reports are correct, with the BBC reporting Celtic are close to signing Hendry and Bain and Allan going to Hibs. 

Two of our best players just gone on the last day of the window. That will put us in free fall especially with a number of winnable games coming up before a hard run before the split. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rosco said:

I will be extremely angry and disappointed if reports are correct, with the BBC reporting Celtic are close to signing Hendry and Bain and Allan going to Hibs. 

Two of our best players just gone on the last day of the window. That will put us in free fall especially with a number of winnable games coming up before a hard run before the split. 

Stop being a drama queen. Allan's not our player so we have no control over that and as for Bain well who cares?

55 minutes ago, Ian Mitchell said:

Stop being a drama queen. Allan's not our player so we have no control over that and as for Bain well who cares?

Basically swapping Allan (arguably one of our best players) for Murray. 

Not fussed about Bain really. 

You seem to be happy with letting two of your best players leave the club on the last day of the window. 

Adblock Detected