Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Progress..

Boba Fett

Today our club surpassed our entire points tally from our last Premier League Season in 2012 / 2013 with fourteen games still to play.

Dreadful circumstances last time round but a remarkable achievement nonetheless.

We could compare and contrast managerial win records and numerous stats for ever but for me this is real progress.

Get the feeling that there is still a lot better to come from this team as well.

Get a grip in the Derbies please Dundee and I'll be a very, very happy Dee.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Today our club surpassed our entire points tally from our last Premier League Season in 2012 / 2013 with fourteen games still to play.

Dreadful circumstances last time round but a remarkable achievement nonetheless.

We could compare and contrast managerial win records and numerous stats for ever but for me this is real progress.

Get the feeling that there is still a lot better to come from this team as well.

No comparison.

Progress both on and off the park over the last year has been astounding.

The progress doesn't show any signs of slowing down either. But then of course we are DFC and can take nothing for granted.

Aye but you can't rock up at 1455 and get into the SE/Coxy for PATG so its all for nowt.  :ph34r:

The progress is welcome and must continue . Higher up the league the better for prize money to help us maintain our position in premiership next season. And we are still in the cup..... Can we dump Celtic out?

We'll need to be at our best DBK..

PH needs to learn from his recent team / formation tinkering and field the strongest possible team available to him in their best positions.

Seems like an obvious statement but today's starting line up in that narrow formation with Stewart on his todd up front will get nowhere near beating Celtic..

We have made alot of progress but lots still to improve on

This. If I was to summarise this season and performance so far. I think PH has done a great job with 80-90% of his signings being very very good. He has added qualiy to the squad, and I think if it hadnt been for that quality, all this formation changing would have cost us so much more. 

He has a lot of sorting out to do again in the summer IMO. (assuming we stay safely mid table at least) I think there will be another 5-7 players leaving with the likes of Schenk, McBride, Benny, Dyer, Roberts almost certain to leave, add to those Ferry(if he cant stay fit), Davo( a lot of boys touting him to leave in jan, but earned his place in the team), Boyle (who knows)

Leaving us with a squad of

Bain

Letheren

Irvine

McGinn

Kerr

McPake

Gadz (if signed another contract)

Konrad

Thomson

McGowan (hopefully)

Jimmy Mac

Harkins

Carrerio

Wighton

Stewart

Tankulic

Clarkson?????

I know there is a couple out of contract, but assuming thats the squad. For me there is one thing that stands out a mile. NO WIDTH. Yesterday highlighted this, im not sure that the formation 42211 is played very often anywhere!

With Boyle looking likely to leave, harris only here on loan, Roberts well enough said about him. We really have to focus on both a right sided and left sided mid/winger IMO.

Add to that a left back. And depending on how the rest of the season goes for the Tank and Clarkson, I can see one of them leaving. So add in a quality striker too.

So thats 4 players so far. Which would give us a squad of around 20 first team players (including kerr, wighton and carrerio)

Just my take on things.

We have every reason to be very optimistic in the progress  DFC (PH and his Squad) have made this season.

Consolidation was always to be the aim for this season. And at this time it looks we are likely to achieve a this

If fortune favours us and progress continues at its present pace, what a season this might turn out to be for us.

I woke again this morning with this fine feeling of contentment. Well being honest, feeling mighty happy with DFC.

Really do hope PH is with us a long time. We are still work in progress. But have the faith that PH will get us there.

The impression I get is that slowly but surely a decent squad is being put together by the management team.  However, having experienced too many lows following Dundee over the last forty odd years I will not be happy until we are mathematically safe.

There is not much difference between 9 teams in this league imo and whilst Aberdeen and Utd may be better than the other 9, the gulf is far from massive.  The right personnel can bridge that gap.

A few players will probably leave the club in the summer and need to be replaced with players of better quality.  In order to attract these players, the highest league placing we can manage and a decent cup run will not go amiss.

Adblock Detected