Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

News: Dundee FC and the Curse Of the Scottish Cup

TheDarkBlues

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

"No computers, phones, social media and a club called Dundee United

......computers & phones will be replaced by some as-yet-unknown technology, social media will bore the erse off the world soon & die, and that just leaves us with 'them' to be taken care of....soon, please  :) 

It's a bit grim that our last Scottish Cup win came while the Titanic was being built but I don't think it's all that remarkable that a club of Dundee's size has gone a century without winning the it.

Most of the times when we've had a real chance of winning it we've simply lost to a stronger team.

Newcastle haven't won the FA Cup since 1955, Villa 1957, Forest 1959, Derby 1946, Blackburn 1928, Sheffield Utd 1925, Sheffield Weds 1935. All big clubs who can't get the breaks or haven't been good enough.

11 minutes ago, Cobra said:

It's a bit grim that our last Scottish Cup win came while the Titanic was being built but I don't think it's all that remarkable that a club of Dundee's size has gone a century without winning the it.

Most of the times when we've had a real chance of winning it we've simply lost to a stronger team.

Newcastle haven't won the FA Cup since 1955, Villa 1957, Forest 1959, Derby 1946, Blackburn 1928, Sheffield Utd 1925, Sheffield Weds 1935. All big clubs who can't get the breaks or haven't been good enough.

There are teams I have never heard of who have won the Scottish cup more than us!

Vale of Leven have won the Scottish cup three times, but that was back in 1879 and they have played in 7 cup finals.

Third Lanark have won it twice in their history and played in a total of 6 cup finals.

Queens Park a staggering 10 times and played in 12..... but that was back in 1893 :lol2:

11 minutes ago, Cobra said:

....and in that time the first 3 of those clubs have also won 4 European trophies & 3 top league titles between them, yet still not been able to get their hands on the FA Cup.

It's just a pity the Hibees laid their curse to rest & left us holding their old record. 

A lot of 'neutrals' also forget that we've largely been utterly skint & yo-yoing between leagues for the last 4 decades, with survival being our main objective much of that time.  

8 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

A feckin Pikey curse!  I knew it..

Cobra, you may be philosophical about us not winning the Scottish cup since nineteen oatcake but I’m really, really not. 

The curse needs lifting mate ???

tumblr_o3y7tzPVqr1qfx0b8o1_500.gif

I would hope the New Seer of Inversneckie might be able to influence that for us....get down to the library (before next Tuesday) & look up some old books on curse-lifting, please, Cobra  :) 

Adblock Detected