Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dundee's Home Fans.

Ludo*1

As with every club, the support Dundee receives away from home is much better than the average home support due to a range of differing reasons.

The point of this thread is to pose a question. When Dundee are winning (sometimes winning comfortably) and the fans start heading for the exit on the 80th minute, is this disrespectful?

I've only ever left early once, against Dunfermline away under Chisholm in what was my personal lowest point in supporting Dundee (if we ignore admins etc).

I get the argument that people want to beat traffic and all that and I'm not trying to criticise anyone, I'm just asking the questions of:

1. How important is it to show your satisfaction/dissatisfaction at the end of a game?

2. Does the emptying of stands regardless of whether we are winning by 3 or losing by 3 have any effect on the players?

3. If you leave early, why is this the case? I'm really not trying to slight anyone. Genuine question. There's games where I think the result lies in the balance an people around me still decide to up and go. I realise some head to the exit but don't leave (particularly in the Derry) but not all. And I just don't understand this. Again, not trying to criticise anyone just genuinely interested in the responses as I know everyone has their own reasons and that's fair enough!

Cheers, as I say, just a total 'curiosity' topic and not trying to offend!

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

There's been a couple of times I've been tempted to leave early but I've sucked it up and endured. I always equate it to "you wouldn't leave the cinema 5 minutes before the credits roll at the end of the film so why would you leave the ground 5 minutes before the Ref blows his whistle" even if you're getting beat, one of your players might score a cracking goal, even as a consolation. Each to their own though.

I have left early when we're comfortable because I've been feeling the cold or because I've had somewhere else to be.

This boils down to the old argument of there are other things in people's lives and whilst football has a place sometimes other things take priority.

I walked out once giving the manager serious abuse as I went. But I think that day against Airdrie (United) most of us did. At Perth before the end of the match.

I leave early when we are taking a hiding from the DABs. Just can't stomach it. Only other time this season I have left early was St Mirren at home - it was sub-zero temperatures and I couldn't feel my feet and it was just dire. Been at every game this season home and away and those are the only occasions I have left before FT. I'll leave my seat and stand at the end of the Derry for the last couple of minutes though sometimes. Don't really have a problem with folk doing it though especially if the team haven't turned up. Folk pay their money, each to their own I suppose. I generally don't leave because I am always convinced I am the kind of person who would leave and miss us come back from 4-0 down to win 5-4 or something  :lol:

Left the first derby at Dens when the 4th goal went in.

Left the New Year derby at the dump when the 5th goal went in.

Have stayed to the end of every other game this season.

Have left early a few times in previous seasons when we've put in a terrible performance and the opposition score late on to seal their win.

To answer your questions -

1 - Not overly.

2 - No, the players are usually focused on the game and aren't interested in what's going on in the stand.

3 - Not speaking for myself here, just generally but reasons people might leave a football game early may include -

They are freezing.

They've seen enough of a poor performance.

They have something on after the match that they need to get away sharp for.

They want to get served quickly at the bar of the pub they go to before the crowds get in.

They need to catch a certain bus or train.

They're bored.

They've got kids at the game and want to beat the crowds.

They want to beat the traffic.

People can turn up and leave when they want.

It's a football match, not your work ;)

Adblock Detected